User Lists: 0

if you consider it a FTL feat, then it is

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

God knows is Superman did it we'd be saying he's FTL.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RealityWarper

Yeah.

Superman can't do that.

Goku can.

I don't see Superman laying a finger on Goku if they fight.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone tried to tell me WW blocking some god shards is FTL because in the panel it said "The light was like that if a small star".

Also, anyone else knew this was about DBZ before they opened it?

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Ki attacks have been proven to be faster than actual lasers.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, I think it's stupid to not consider it FTL. Even if you want to ignore the evidence that points to Ki attacks being FTL way before Freeza, Piccolo's line was in there for a reason. The intentions are clear.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, I think it's stupid to not consider it FTL. Even if you want to ignore the evidence that points to Ki attacks being FTL way before Freeza, Piccolo's line was in there for a reason. The intentions are clear.

I agree.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku and Superman are both FTL.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@precrisisbardock: What? LOL at whoever said that

Anyways this could be a FTL feat but its not definitive. Its a figure of speech. If Piccolo would have said "it was faster than light" and we could assume he even knows how fast that is then sure but this just seems like figure of speech. Anyways who cares DB has FTL combat speed by actual feats although not as fast as some people tend to assume.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it is. Multiple ki attacks are FTL or as Fast as Light.

Solar Flare is light

Goku dodging lasers

Piccolo destroying the moon

(May be non-canon) A Kamehameha reaching the Sun in a couple of seconds.

I wouldn't doubt that feat is FTL.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cause we dont like it, and if we dont like it then it is wrong and that is a fact, just ask any SJW

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause we dont like it, and if we dont like it then it is wrong and that is a fact, just ask any SJW

its not just wrong, it should be banned and criminalized

HolyMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HolyMistress

It is, since Chi is actually faster than light(as shown when Piccolo blew up the moon in a second).

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:
@cgoodness said:

its not just wrong, it should be banned and criminalized

You are onto something

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: And regular people have also seen and commented on them. Guess they can perceive light speed attacks as well.

Not to mention character statements in DBZ are extremely unreliable.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: People constantly perceive lasers in comics as well. It's not just Dragon Ball. Feat-wise they've been shown to be over the speed of light. Nothing separates statements in Dragon Ball from statements in Marvel/DC.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Why would it be?

And I find it pathetic people gotta mention Superman in DBZ discussions all the frickin' time.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would it be?

And I find it pathetic people gotta mention Superman in DBZ discussions all the frickin' time.

their jimmies are rustled. I like it.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#24 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Because energy and light are not the same thing and the speed of light is measured in a vacuum, not an atmosphere.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because common sense and logical thinking are not allowed when discussing Dragon Ball characters. There has to be a scan/video of said feat and even then that's not enough, there also needs to be some sort of an omniscient narrator directly stating and laying out everything for us, otherwise its all speculation and lolcalcs

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@dboyrules2011 said:

Why would it be?

Same. :)

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because it's an energy blast, not a laser beam. This is just fan speculation.

Even most laser beam-dodging feats in media are just PIS because writers don't realize that you have to be FTL to dodge a laser. Seriously, I'll be damned if there aren't multiple scans of batman dodging laser beams somewhere out there.

I know I did.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011 said:

Why would it be?

+1

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: Not even that, Batman dodged Light Beams from Doctor Light. Though the thing is he was timing the aim like street-levelers do, not timing the actual blast like the Superman-types do.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: but we've seen piccolo's blast reach the moon in seconds. Frieza's blast was faster...

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sun-Wukong

It's FTL regardless since their blast move to the moon nearly at that speed, Goku dodged the light ball by blitzing his explosion the instant the blast explode, dodging planet splitter which split the planet. Base to SSJ multiplier

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would be MFTL+ in the billion then if he did lol

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By midnightdragon18

@amendment50: but you can clearly see piccolo's blast travel to the moon in seconds

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#35 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@midnightdragon18: how many seconds? Two? Five? It only takes light 1.26. Even at 2.5 seconds light is twice as fast.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: piccolo's blast had to be logical bewteen 3-5 seconds. Frieza's was vastly faster since not even piccolo himself could react to it, all he saw a light.

HolyMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@midnightdragon18: how many seconds? Two? Five? It only takes light 1.26. Even at 2.5 seconds light is twice as fast.

No Caption Provided

It was about a second, from what i can tell.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Heinrich7

Vegeta's final flash whizzed off far into space when he fought cell. That's many times the speed of light at least from what I could tell.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because these same characters consistently fall for Solar Flare, which IS a flash of light, when they are much stronger and faster than they were on Namek.

That's really the big thing for me, anyway. I try to avoid DBZ debates anymore because the show is funner if you stop overthinking everything.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto could dodge that you DBZites!

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By midnightdragon18

@metaljimmor: pis, look how many times ftl characters get tagged by batman.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone tried to tell me WW blocking some god shards is FTL because in the panel it said "The light was like that if a small star".

No, it's because the shards were coming from every corner of the universe lol at least get it right

No, it's not FTL since the same effect could be achieved with a bolt of lightning, any other Ki blast, or anything that gives off light for that matter. And hell, you have people in this thread arguing that ki is light speed because a blast reached the moon in a panel, yet those same people argue that Frieza's ki blast is light speed despite taking multiple panels to reach a much closer target lol

Then we have people still effectively using the solar flare all the way into the Cell saga so,

Because these same characters consistently fall for Solar Flare, which IS a flash of light, when they are much stronger and faster than they were on Namek.

That's really the big thing for me, anyway. I try to avoid DBZ debates anymore because the show is funner if you stop overthinking everything.

Also, which one is more official?

No Caption Provided

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: is your argument really it took multiple panels to reach the target, so it wasn't ftl ?

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do every DBZ thread have to start some superman hate rant

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: is your argument really it took multiple panels to reach the target, so it wasn't ftl ?

Is your argument that Piccolos attack was FTL because it took one panel? I'm just pointing out the flaw in that line of thinking.

But, my argument that the attack isn't FTL is based on the fact that multiple objects fast or slow, give off light and Piccolo simply stating that there was a flash of light is no indication of the actual beams speed. If anything, since it looks like they were alerted to the light from the beam before it reached it's target (as you could infer from the bolded speech bubbles), it's even more likely that the beam wasn't light speed itself. They just weren't fast enough to react either way. On top of that, as i've mentioned time and time again, the solar flare, a confirmed light speed attack, was being used effectively all the way into the Cell saga. Then we have the scan I posted, which is an official translation, that doesn't even mention light. So which one do we take for truth??

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: are going to ignore all the context, look ar the scans and video i posted. Piccolo's blast took at most 3 seconds to reach the moon. Get a timer if you want. Play the video, start the timer when piccolo fires thr blast, stop it when it reaches the moon. 2-3 seconds. Frieza's blast was vastly faster than piccolo's since not even piccolo with his new speed(fusing with nail) couldn't even react to blast. Also how are you going to call the scan you posted official whr. You asked if it was official or not.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets face it.. people just want to keep DBZ characters at a certain class.

This is why I prefer the Anime when we look at feats like this..

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: are going to ignore all the context, look ar the scans and video i posted. Piccolo's blast took at most 3 seconds to reach the moon. Get a timer if you want. Play the video, start the timer when piccolo fires thr blast, stop it when it reaches the moon. 2-3 seconds. Frieza's blast was vastly faster than piccolo's since not even piccolo with his new speed(fusing with nail) couldn't even react to blast. Also how are you going to call the scan you posted official whr. You asked if it was official or not.

What context? That he blew up a moon? Great? Yes, 3 seconds ok.....i'll also time every other blast in DBZ and compare their time and distance? I doubt they'll be close to light speed, right? If the speed of every blast is scaled against one instance, despite the fact the majority of them do not even compare to said instance, at what point do we chalk it up to PIS? Seriously. I'm trying to be as objective as possible.

You want me to time Piccolos moon bust and clock it at light speed, right? Ok, but using that same method for any other blast will not produce similar results at all even though the characters were stronger, but you want me to ignore that, why? Run that logic through your head and tell me it doesn't sound sketchy to you. I hate to bring Superman into this, but how about I calc out the time he fought all around the world to FTL speeds then? I mean because it doesn't make sense for him to pause a conversation mid sentence, fly to another part of the world, and continue the conversation where he left off, does it? That's the context. So, by your logic, since he did that, could I assume that every fight he has after that is FTL?

And finally, we have the fact that Piccolo was unable to avoid the solar flare technique in the cell saga despite being a super namekian.

Also, I never asked if the scan was official, I asked which was more official