#1 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Every mutant list has him out of their list but is he being underrated ?

#2 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

no. He wears a speedo and makes love to Squids

#3 Posted by The Stegman (25989 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor being a mutant always seemed forced to me.

#4 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I dont think hes underrated but people just dont associate him with mutants, rather Atlanteans.

#5 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

In the world of mutants he really shouldn't be considered all that powerful.

#6 Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he considers himself an Atlantean above being a mutant. He's too arrogant and conceited to be considered part of the Mutant community.

#7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because people keep forgetting or don't know he's a mutant. Looking at this title reminded me Namor is a mutant because I don't automatically think Namor is a mutant like Wolverine or Cyclops. I normally think Namor is an atlantean, defender, Illuminati, and an anti-hero.

As a brute he's a powerful brute but beyond that he's not that powerful. Omega mutants like Vulcan, Professor X, Iceman and Magneto are more powerful than Namor.

#8 Edited by cfrehse (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he technically was an atlantean before he was a mutant i think. He was around before people were called mutants and he is a lot more powerful than most of them

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24713 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21: Also he stole Toro's thunder, being Marvel's first official mutant was the one thing he had going for him then Marvel up and decided that Namor was a mutant too.

#10 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't see how he's a part of the mutant race. Marvel says he is, but he's half human and half Atlantean. How is that part of the mutant race?

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24713 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62: He's a mutant because he has powers far beyond the Average atlantian or human. And before you say that's because he's a hybrid I'll point out that that would not explain his ability to fly or take a punch from the Hulk

#12 Posted by Dernman (15710 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62: He's a mutant because he has powers far beyond the Average atlantian or human. And before you say that's because he's a hybrid I'll point out that that would not explain his ability to fly or take a punch from the Hulk

It could it it took a combination of those genetics combined to give the abilities. Same with Namora who is also Human/Atlantian. So there is precedence. I don't care either way though.

#13 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I thought Apocalypse was the first mutant. I could be wrong, I'm no mutant expert.

#14 Posted by SC (13349 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@joshmightbe: I thought Apocalypse was the first mutant. I could be wrong, I'm no mutant expert.

I think he is talking real life publication wise. Incidentally Selene is the oldest mutant in the in story narrative. Also Toro isn't the first mutant in the publication sense either, but is up there as far as tradition superheroes who are referred to as mutants. Furthermore the term mutant came to be the specific designation for characters who have the x-xene, as in a group, subspecies, which pretty much separates Mutants from mutates or hybrids (mutant being traditionally synonymous with either but not as far as Marvel something to be distinguished) Namor would have the x-gene applied to him retroactively.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (31288 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason Namor is considered the first mutant is because he's the first public mutant. In-universe, if I recall correctly, he's the first mutant to be known by the public, and it was around that time that mutants in general became more ubiquitous.

#16 Edited by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

All his mutation did was give him those dorky little ankle wings, everything else comes from his atlantean heritage

#17 Posted by JediXMan (31288 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, he's not considered powerful because... well... when you put him next to other mutants, especially Omegas, he comes short. Namor isn't that powerful.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24713 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12397 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean when you put him next to people like...Havok,Jean, Emma, etc he just comes up short

#20 Posted by Hyperlight (6582 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69: maybe his x gene gave him the wings and strengthen his physical attributes far above both races.

i would say that Namor is the strongest ( not most powerful) mutant alive other than apocolypse

#21 Edited by Teerack (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

His only mutant power is flying but in terms of super strength he's one of the strongest there is.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (38300 posts) - - Show Bio

He's physically one of the strongest mutants, but when you consider the scope of what is powerful as far as a mutant goes, he isn't up there in regards to the likes of Magneto, Xavier, Emma, Jean, Rachel, Exodus, Legion, Franklin Richards, etc.

#23 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because people keep forgetting or don't know he's a mutant. Looking at this title reminded me Namor is a mutant because I don't automatically think Namor is a mutant like Wolverine or Cyclops. I normally think Namor is an atlantean, defender, Illuminati, and an anti-hero.

As a brute he's a powerful brute but beyond that he's not that powerful. Omega mutants like Vulcan, Professor X, Iceman and Magneto are more powerful than Namor.

This pretty much sums it up nicely.

#24 Posted by Celestialseed (96 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Posted by PokemonDefender (237 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't he get his ass kicked by the Thing?