Why isn't Avian Manipulation more popular?

Avatar image for quirky_anecdotes
quirky_anecdotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By quirky_anecdotes

I don't know it just seems like a Villain who kills people by unleashing hundreds of crows or hawks to peck out their eyes and rip out their vocal chords seems pretty visually appealing. Plus there's plenty of mythology to fal back on with things like The Birds and The Raven.

Granted Falcon has this to some extant but he's a hero and it doesn't seem to be a huge part of his character.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By theTimeStreamer

because its stupid and out of place in today's armory.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Yeah, I don't know if I would take it seriously as a reader...

But maybe it would work for Vulture in Spider-man?

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Twentyfive

Why, should it be?

RumbleMan_Exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RumbleMan_Exe

@quirky_anecdotes: A religious hero controlling the spirit of God in dove form is pretty badass

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

Stupid?!...

Ok, tell me you wouldn't be flippin out if a flock of Raven's attacked you, Hell, I am willing to bet you'd scream like a girl if a swarm of Hummingbird's attacked. lol

B ut I think the main reason is, artist do not want to draw a flock of birds all those damn feathers would cause instant Carpal Tunnel syndrome!

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@Mrfuzzynutz: no i wouldnt be sitting there like an idiot you are assuming other people to be. i would be taking cover. besides ravens are not the savage powerful beasts tv makes them out to be. watch something educational once in a while.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

Because the only bad guys that could pull that off are the the Court of Owls, Vulture, Penguin, the Owl (maybe), Raven when she's ticked, Harpy, and perhaps Circe. Of them all, the only ones really likely to do it are Vulture and Penguin. The Court is deceased. Raven's usually not evil. Harpy lacks the know how. Circe has other methods. The Owl is just a thug. Vulture and Penguin are the only ones who actively incorporate birds into their arsenal and persona on a regular basis. So they probably haven't tried it because they either lack the tech or lack the desire.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

@theTimeStreamer:

No, I don't assume people are idiots, I assume they are spiteful, petty and oppurtunistic and pleasantly surprised when I meet those who do have good spirits and hearts of joy

That being said you are correct I was making a broad statement. HOWEVER if you get into specifics of it, If you did have the ability to control birds, You would be working with Birds of Prey, and not sure your duck and cover method works as well against them. The speed they generate when swooping down for there prey and their talons would make getting to any effective cover very difficult.

We should write this one into MYTHBUSTERS and see what happens.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8663c51cc2e
deactivated-5a8663c51cc2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's because if you are going to control birds, you should just control all animals. I think the reason people find a character like Aquaman silly is because he just does fish, and the same image would affect a character who just had birds at their disposal. I mean really!

You need to evolve the idea beyond "avian manipulation" if you want a cool super-villain like that guy in Ex Machina.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlackWind

Regular birds, sorry not scary.

Mutated, alien predators of the sky the size of buildings, then we can talk.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlackReaper

@Mrfuzzynutz said:

Stupid?!...

Ok, tell me you wouldn't be flippin out if a flock of Raven's attacked you, Hell, I am willing to bet you'd scream like a girl if a swarm of Hummingbird's attacked. lol

B ut I think the main reason is, artist do not want to draw a flock of birds all those damn feathers would cause instant Carpal Tunnel syndrome!

I'd throw some bread on the ground.

Bread>bird powers.

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#13  Edited By joshuagamer

because it's avian manipulation

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Outside_85

Actually it could work, it just needs to be a bit more than 'guy that controls birds', or else in this world of superheroes it could be a really short career.