#1 Posted by quirky_anecdotes (344 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know it just seems like a Villain who kills people by unleashing hundreds of crows or hawks to peck out their eyes and rip out their vocal chords seems pretty visually appealing. Plus there's plenty of mythology to fal back on with things like The Birds and The Raven.

Granted Falcon has this to some extant but he's a hero and it doesn't seem to be a huge part of his character.

#2 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

because its stupid and out of place in today's armory.

#3 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I don't know if I would take it seriously as a reader...

But maybe it would work for Vulture in Spider-man?

#4 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Why, should it be?

#5 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@quirky_anecdotes: A religious hero controlling the spirit of God in dove form is pretty badass

#6 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid?!...

Ok, tell me you wouldn't be flippin out if a flock of Raven's attacked you, Hell, I am willing to bet you'd scream like a girl if a swarm of Hummingbird's attacked. lol

B ut I think the main reason is, artist do not want to draw a flock of birds all those damn feathers would cause instant Carpal Tunnel syndrome!

#7 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mrfuzzynutz: no i wouldnt be sitting there like an idiot you are assuming other people to be. i would be taking cover. besides ravens are not the savage powerful beasts tv makes them out to be. watch something educational once in a while.

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the only bad guys that could pull that off are the the Court of Owls, Vulture, Penguin, the Owl (maybe), Raven when she's ticked, Harpy, and perhaps Circe. Of them all, the only ones really likely to do it are Vulture and Penguin. The Court is deceased. Raven's usually not evil. Harpy lacks the know how. Circe has other methods. The Owl is just a thug. Vulture and Penguin are the only ones who actively incorporate birds into their arsenal and persona on a regular basis. So they probably haven't tried it because they either lack the tech or lack the desire.

#9 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer:

No, I don't assume people are idiots, I assume they are spiteful, petty and oppurtunistic and pleasantly surprised when I meet those who do have good spirits and hearts of joy

That being said you are correct I was making a broad statement. HOWEVER if you get into specifics of it, If you did have the ability to control birds, You would be working with Birds of Prey, and not sure your duck and cover method works as well against them. The speed they generate when swooping down for there prey and their talons would make getting to any effective cover very difficult.

We should write this one into MYTHBUSTERS and see what happens.

#10 Posted by Faeye (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's because if you are going to control birds, you should just control all animals. I think the reason people find a character like Aquaman silly is because he just does fish, and the same image would affect a character who just had birds at their disposal. I mean really!

You need to evolve the idea beyond "avian manipulation" if you want a cool super-villain like that guy in Ex Machina.

#11 Posted by BlackWind (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Regular birds, sorry not scary.

Mutated, alien predators of the sky the size of buildings, then we can talk.

#12 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mrfuzzynutz said:

Stupid?!...

Ok, tell me you wouldn't be flippin out if a flock of Raven's attacked you, Hell, I am willing to bet you'd scream like a girl if a swarm of Hummingbird's attacked. lol

B ut I think the main reason is, artist do not want to draw a flock of birds all those damn feathers would cause instant Carpal Tunnel syndrome!

I'd throw some bread on the ground.

Bread>bird powers.

#13 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

because it's avian manipulation

#14 Posted by Outside_85 (8711 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually it could work, it just needs to be a bit more than 'guy that controls birds', or else in this world of superheroes it could be a really short career.