Why is there more DC bashing than Marvel in CV?

• 76 results
Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It is an odd thing here,I see more and more threads where DC character's flaws, negative points of their powers are explored and discussed, their wins and battles questioned. I mean why?I hardly saw any Marvel character taking such bashing. I don't get the point all most every character in comic book world has some flaws and negative aspects, so why there is more DC bashing than Marvel?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really?

Superior Spider-Man

Hulk

Red Hulk at his conception

Sentry at his conception

Deadpool

Miles Morales at his conception

People still talk smack sometimes about how Wolverine can't actually fight, and so on.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really?

Superior Spider-Man

Hulk

Red Hulk at his conception

Sentry at his conception

Deadpool

Miles Morales at his conception

People still talk smack sometimes about how Wolverine can't actually fight, and so on.

hardly...everyday when I open the site just another DC bashing thread.I am not saying there aren't any Marvel bashing but every other second there is one DC hating thread,Superman is overrated, Flash is not that bigger deal,Wonder Woman storyline is bad,and there is like 50 odd threads going on to bash Batman.Marvel hating threads is like once in 2 month or whatever.I just don't understand what is the big problem people have with DC properties.

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you joking? Hulk is marvel and he recieves more hate than anyone on this site, no question. On the other hand Superman recieves more praise than anyone else on this site, every battle thread he's been in he wins EVERY. SINGLE.ONE so i have no idea where you got that from

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Transformers1024

I try to be as fair as possible and bash on both of them equally since they're both known to do ridiculous things that piss off fans.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel is more popular.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harriso said:

Are you joking? Hulk is marvel and he recieves more hate than anyone on this site, no question. On the other hand Superman recieves more praise than anyone else on this site, every battle thread he's been in he wins EVERY. SINGLE.ONE so i have no idea where you got that from

Actually, Batman is probably the one that gets the most hate. Ironically, he's probably the most popular guy here, as well. Though I don't see many Hulk fans, I will say.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@harriso said:

Actually, Batman is probably the one that gets the most hate. Ironically, he's probably the most popular guy here, as well. Though I don't see many Hulk fans, I will say.

I agree. The Batman haters are jealous that Batman is more popular than their mill-of-the-run superheroes and can solo them in a fight effortlessly.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Leatherface003

@wavemotioncannon said:

@leatherface003: you're new. Stick around.

I am not new here I have been here for quite a lot of time.i just haven't posted that much.I generally check out the discussions and battle threads.and what I've seen in comparison DC bashing is more than Marvel.yes Hulk could be the Marvel hero get bashed a lot but not like Superman, Batman and may others.

BatgirlCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BatgirlCC

It is an odd thing here,I see more and more threads where DC character's flaws, negative points of their powers are explored and discussed, their wins and battles questioned. I mean why?I hardly saw any Marvel character taking such bashing. I don't get the point all most every character in comic book world has some flaws and negative aspects, so why there is more DC bashing than Marvel?

oh... so its you OP. I think you're a troll. Nobody gets away with calling Batman a god without getting labelled a troll/joker.

This seems like a bait thread

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Leatherface003

@batgirlcc said:

@leatherface003 said:

oh... so its you OP. I think you're a troll. Nobody gets away with calling Batman a god without getting labelled a troll/joker.

This seems like a bait thread

ok,fine you want to label me go ahed.yeah I am a troll happy.and this thread is not about Batman it's about DC characters.recently it is Bat bashing but few months back I thought Superman is the most hated character here so I made this thread.

and I think I have answered why I called him that on the other thread.I am also critical of Batman when comes to his fights, I know what a human being can do or can not do, even in comic books.for example it is impossible for Batman to defeat Superman in a head on collision like some people thinks.I also don't think no matter what Batman always wins (like rest of the world thinks),not possible.But if you are comparing him with some one who is no way near to him in comparison that just piss me off.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Marval fanbases don't overhype and overestimate their popular characters as much.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it's because a lot of people hate the new 52, they like the MCU more than DC's movies, Batman and Superman are easily the 2 most hated characters here, a lot of people think DC's characters are OP and less relatable than Marvel's, people hate battles that involve Batman and prep or Flash speed blitzing, etc. Who knows in a few years things can switch and Marvel will be the one people hate on.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DBVSE7

@jack_donaghy: Marvel will never be as hated as DC.

As long as there is more of a balance with Hero levels and more relatable characters with fun stories I don't believe it will be as bad as DC.

Compared to DC, Marvel heroes are really underestimated on CV.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Leatherface003

I guess it's because a lot of people hate the new 52, they like the MCU more than DC's movies, Batman and Superman are easily the 2 most hated characters here, a lot of people think DC's characters are OP and less relatable than Marvel's, people hate battles that involve Batman and prep or Flash speed blitzing, etc. Who knows in a few years things can switch and Marvel will be the one people hate on.

that's fine.But it seems a lot.every now and then people create one DC hate thread, may be it seems like I am trolling but I am not, right now even there are at least 10 new hate thread, Everyone has at least one character they always hate or don't like but here even in battle threads instead of giving opinions who will win people argue about DC being filled with OP heroes and stuff like that.Supes and Bats easily the most hated here also Aquaman too..

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Marvel has done some things that deserved plenty of hate, but they didn't receive any. Weird.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh lerd

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harriso said:

Actually, DBZ characters are hated the most for some odd reason.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@leatherface003: I think a lot of it has to do with the fact your looking on the battle forums. Fair and balanced reasoning don't live there. I'm a massive DC fan and I spend most of my time reading, not creating Marvel hate threads to even things out on the site. Honestly I think a lot of the DC hate also spawns from the youngsters here. If all I was exposed to was the New 52 and the Green Lantern movie I wouldn't be a fan either.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leatherface003: I think a lot of it has to do with the fact your looking on the battle forums. Fair and balanced reasoning don't live there. I'm a massive DC fan and I spend most of my time reading, not creating Marvel hate threads to even things out on the site. Honestly I think a lot of the DC hate also spawns from the youngsters here. If all I was exposed to was the New 52 and the Green Lantern movie I wouldn't be a fan either.

very true.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC as a company gets a lot of hate here, more than Marvel at least. Batman and Superman specifically get a lot of hate here.

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I agree with the OP on this. DC does get a lot more hate around here than Marvel. I do wish both sides could be happy with one another.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I see hate threads for both companies made every few days. If you think one is "hated" more than the other I'm thinking you're either biased or only reading one type of hate thread.

Frankly they're made so often I glance right past 99% of them.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@jack_donaghy: Tbh to the general public I've seen a lot of comments of people criticizing DC characters for being too op (which they aren't) . Plus it seems like speed and blitzing are key factors on who wins in most battles debated in this site unless one character can't be hurt by physical force or something..

But realistically speaking it goes both ways so yeah..

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ah, I get it. This is a Battles thing. In that case, not really an issue.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

#28  Edited By Guru_Crack

its because Batman & Superman are easy targets for being inconsistent.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#29 frozen  Moderator

It was different a few years ago.

Up until a few years ago, Comic Vine was largely pro-DC however it changed to pro-Marvel. It goes in cycles.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@leatherface003 said:

It was different a few years ago.

Up until a few years ago, Comic Vine was largely pro-DC however it changed to pro-Marvel. It goes in cycles.

Hahaha..nice one..so it seems

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_stegman  Moderator

Because there are two or three DC hate spewing trolls on the site who are VERY loud about it.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. The Batman haters are jealous that Batman is more popular than their mill-of-the-run superheroes and can solo them in a fight effortlessly.

Um. Some of us are fans of street level Bruce. The martial artist who supplements his skill with a belt full of cool stuff and who beats up thugs, psychos and mobsters. Some of us are not a fan of the Iron Man lite, can best the JL but has issues with a clown that DC tries to sell us. We like a fallible Bruce who has to work for his victories.

We also get tired of having to fight the lack of common sense on the battle threads.

I'm guessing you're one of those blind followers who see Batman in a poll and vote for him based on brand and not because of critical thought?

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is probably still the most hated character. Most of the Bats & Supes hate is just jealousy.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is so hated here and now I think Iceman is climbing the ranks...

I guess Marvel don't get hate is because we don't say Spiderman can beat Galactus... Unless you are a troll...

Plus Marvel don't have a lot of OP characters, DC have guys like Flash, Captain Marvel, Superman, Wonder Woman, Superboy-Prime, Dr Fate etc, so Marvel characters tend to get downplayed...

Yes Marvel have tons of OP character but DC have more and about half of them are on the Justice League... The only OP characters Marvel have on the Avengers are Hulk and Thor...

Besides you have been checking on the battle forums, where trolls, jealous users, worshippers of certain characters thrive and prey on these threads...

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange but before I came here I thought two characters most comic book readers hate are Martian Manhunter and Aquaman..

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC makes more bad comics. I don't know who makes more good ones (ok, Marvel) but DC definitely makes the most bad ones.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leatherface003: I don't think Martian Manhunter is hated... Does he really even appear in discussions anymore....

Aquaman used to be hated years ago, but apparently the "New 52" made him cool again... I don't know if that is true, I haven't read any Aquaman "New 52" stuff...

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Marvel don't get hate is because we don't say Spiderman can beat Galactus... Unless you are a troll...

Plus Marvel don't have a lot of OP characters, DC have guys like Flash, Captain Marvel, Superman, Wonder Woman, Superboy-Prime, Dr Fate etc, so Marvel characters tend to get downplayed...

Yes Marvel have tons of OP character but DC have more and about half of them are on the Justice League... The only OP characters Marvel have on the Avengers are Hulk and Thor...

Besides you have been checking on the battle forums, where trolls, jealous users, worshippers of certain characters thrive and prey on these threads...

Marvel fans always call DC's characters OP then go into battle threads arguing to the death how Marvel character's can beat said OP DC characters.

Marvel fan in non battle thread: "Superman is overpowered!"

Marvel fan in battle thread: "Thor, Silver Surfer, Sentry, the Hulk, Reed Richards with prep, Doom with prep, Iron Man with prep, Dr. Strange, etc can all beat Superman he's overrated!"

So if Superman is OP and all those characters can beat him doesn't that make them OP too? Or is it only bad when a DC character like Superman is too powerful but cool when it's a Marvel character like Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask the Flash Fans. Apperently he's an omni level galaxy buster that can kill Odin with ease.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: I said DC have MORE overpowered characters than Marvel, but Marvel DO HAVE SOME!

Half of DC's OP characters are on the Justice League, whereas Marvel's OP characters love in space and three of them are Avengers...

Thor is a God, Superman is an alien...

Have you seen some of the Batman battle threads:

"Batman with unlimited prep can beat a fully fed Galactus" A FULLY FED GAALACTUS!?!?!??!?!?!? Batman WOULDN'T EVEN STAND A CHANCE against a hungry Galactus, let alone a fully fed one...

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@frozen: @leatherface003: frozen nailed it. This site was BAAAAAAAAAD! pro-DC when I first started. It use to be groups of guys who would swarm every Batman/JL battle thread and defend it to the death. They would tag each other and attack any user who said any DC big 6 hero or related characters would lose. And any poll!? Good god that was just about a DC shoe in cuz every DC viner would swarm and multi vote like ther life depended on it. but the vine is a lot better now imo. its about even now. but yeah it was a bias DC safe haven a few years ago.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just the way this site works I think, people hating on DC vice versa. They won't really end the day without some bash left from a specific DC character or Marvel character.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson said:

Marvel fans always call DC's characters OP then go into battle threads arguing to the death how Marvel character's can beat said OP DC characters.

Marvel fan in non battle thread: "Superman is overpowered!"

Marvel fan in battle thread: "Thor, Silver Surfer, Sentry, the Hulk, Reed Richards with prep, Doom with prep, Iron Man with prep, Dr. Strange, etc can all beat Superman he's overrated!"

So if Superman is OP and all those characters can beat him doesn't that make them OP too? Or is it only bad when a DC character like Superman is too powerful but cool when it's a Marvel character like Thor.

I've been pointing out this contradiction from Marvel fans for about 4 years now. I think Marvel fans don't understand that if Flash COULD beat Odin..that would help their "DC is OP" argument. When they get in a tizzy when it's suggested Superman could beat Hulk, it makes one wonder why they never call the Hulk OP. It's part of the reason I still feel like Marvel comics are more for kids. I'd go so far as to say most the "pro-DC fans" on this site are 30+ and most Marvel fans are under. It'd be interesting to there was a way to find out. And despite what folks say..this site has never been pro-DC..ever.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AwesomePerson
Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: Hulk is OP, he is about the 2nd hated hero her, naturally after Batman...

I dunno about that. I don't see much Hulk hate. I also think using the Battle Threads is a bad way to suggest which characters are hated/loved. Who should win some random battle should be based on character feats and such, not who you like more. I like Batman more than Superman, but I don't think Batman should ever be able to lay a finger on Supes...unless the writer says he can. :) To me character "hate" isn't "That character would lose a fight to character X" Character hate, to me, would be more along the lines "Character X is one-dimensional, has never been integral to a story-line and is hard for a writer to make an intriguing story for because of the characters limited personality and power traits."

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I personally think Marvel fans tend to use the "DC heroes are way to overpowered and perfect" argument way too often. I also agree with the idea that Batman is the most hated character, I think Batman and Superman are definitely the most hated characters

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think Marvel fans tend to use the "DC heroes are way to overpowered and perfect" argument way too often. I also agree with the idea that Batman is the most hated character, I think Batman and Superman are definitely the most hated characters

not exactly, typical for any fan who only reads one side of the whole argument. Marvel as a whole has a stronger universe and more established cosmic hierarchy, but writers (bendis) keep nerfing things as if his mother's life depended on it. Batman is hated because of his writer's obsession of making asspulls, superman is fine by marv standards.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: Hulk is actually hated... Even I don't think Batman can beat Superman... I would make a thread but I would end up incurring the wrath of the Bat-God and his loyal followers, the Bat-wankers...

Character Hate on CV can mean your definition but also ends up being the first definition....

Why is Batman hated? He is a good character with a personality but he essentially ends up being hated on the vine and 90% of his threads to do with his battles of feats get locked because they get so out of hand...