Why is there a fem Thor again?

Matthew_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I simply don't understand the thinking process here.
Why would Marvel suddenly decide to turn Thor, the manly god of almost everything man-related into a woman? Also there already was a fem Thor, and that did not go very well now did it? It went so bad that most of us can't even remember her name.

Label this as hypocritical but as long as I can remember Thor was a man - or even better - from the point when the Norse mythology went into being Thor was a man. Hope this is a temporal transformation.
He gets called goldilocks a lot, but to take it so literally...

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

haha troll/spite thread, anyone? If you've actually read the info on Female Thor, you'll know that Thor himself is not transforming into a woman.This is another character, we don't know who yet. We'll have to wait and see.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

haha troll/spite thread, anyone? If you've actually read the info on Female Thor, you'll know that Thor himself is not transforming into a woman.This is another character, we don't know who yet. We'll have to wait and see.

But--- Why?? I am just confused, between The View and articles online-- I keep hearing different things...

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: They've said that it's another character and that Thor (non female) will still have a part in the comic.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I think it will be explained in the comics.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really do not see the problem here. Someone else is more worthy to hold the &^$% hammer. It happens to be a female. I will probably check it out.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbu_b_team: agreed, although i've wondered why they would make a new character when Tarane's pretty much hanging around ...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He will only wield jarnborn because he isnt worthy anymore and most likely his inevitable quest for redemption

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Among other things.

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mogo1

I only read a little of the god of thunder series (awesome) but what's going on that Thor would lose his hammer in the coming months.

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Again, not a fan. I would drop WW so fast if they swapped her with a man. These characters are iconic level. To change their sex is kinda crazy especially if the idea is to appeal to female readers. Thor has female fans largely because he is a man. But if it turned out to be a BRB type of chracter then I have little issue with it. I just don't like the idea of taking a dump on the Odinson who is the closest thing Marvel has to Superman.

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you're right. The guy was saying that it was supposedly the real Thor. If it's just someone who gained mjolnir temporarily I don't really care then. But this has happened how many times already?

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By dreamfall31

I still really don't understand it. From the press junket Aaron says "This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe" making it seem like when this female Thor shows up that there on within the Marvel Universe it will be as if Thor was always a female. I think Marvel just needs to say if this is a new character completely or that it's essentially retconning male Thor's existence.

Honestly I don't have anything against it, but the way Marvel is handling it makes it seem like they just want the press. I mean announcing it nearly 4 months ahead of time make it seem like they just want headlines all over the web. What they should just be doing instead of this is give Sif her own series again and promote the hell out of it. Her Journey into Mystery was so much fun and I think it could catch on if Marvel was 100% supportive of it and trying to establish her as one of Marvel's strongest female characters.

Either way I haven't been reading Thor as he's a character that I'm not that into. I enjoyed the first volumes, but it's nothing I want to get monthly.

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreamfall31: Exactly. It isn't clear to me what the intent is. Again I could hardly care if it were just one of several characters who temporarily possessed mjolnir. But it almost sounds like a giant retcon. They had to pick Thor too. Probably the most iconic male character in Marvel. Wolverine is up there too. This seems like it was deliberately done to stir fans.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ScouterV

My overall reaction to this was.

"Huh...that's random, but...OK..."

I mean, I'm not bothered by it. It's more, I'm just curious as to why Thor is losing his Hammer period. The fact a woman is picking it up doesn't really bug me any. However, I suspect Marvel will be under the microscope a lot with this move and so will this character. If people catch even the slightest whiff she's being treated different based on her gender, Marvel will never hear the end of it.

However, I like to think these guys are smart enough to know that and not mess things up, so it's all good. It's all good~

Matthew_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers