#1 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

So, we all know now that Nightwing is going to get a new costume.

I'm a big fan of it, love the red down his arms and the finger-stripes. But I can't help but wonder why. Usually a costume change has to do with something big occurring. And with the Death of the Family going down right now, I feel like someone has to die. I think that Alfred is going to die, but I think that someone in the out-in-the-field family kind of has to die as well. Too much hype for this to chicken out on the fallout. The change of costume has me wondering, is Dick Grayson going to die and this is a new Nightwing?

I don't know who would replace him, obviously my first thought would be Jason or Tim, but I'm just kind of trying to figure out why he is changing his costume. Spit balling on a sleepless night. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps he just wanted a change? Batman regularly changes the finer details of his costume. He originally had a yellow circle around the small bat symbol and black underwear on over grey tights with a blue cape. Now he's gray and black with no yellow insignia or black outer underwear. Perhaps Nightwing merely wanted to change his costume, so he did.

#3 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

It could very well be that simple. Plus, a lot of fans are pissed about the change from blue, so this could be just a nod to the fans to shut them up by doing something closer to the old Nightwing suit. Like I said, just spit-balling some ideas on a sleepless night.

#4 Posted by Squalleon (4169 posts) - - Show Bio
Nightwing #16

His new 52 costume changes continiusly!

If you notice from issue 1 to issue 0 Nightwings costume changed again :-P

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because the finger-stripes are awesome.

#6 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

Nightwing #16

That settles it then: He has multiple suits. When one is being cleaned, he wears the other. This new costume is just one he's been saving for when he hasn't gotten around to doing the laundry. How is this connected to Death of the Family? Joker has made him so distraught and busy he hasn't had time to do the laundry, so he uses the new suit for the first time.

#7 Posted by Squalleon (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@Squalleon said:

Nightwing #16

That settles it then: He has multiple suits. When one is being cleaned, he wears the other. This new costume is just one he's been saving for when he hasn't gotten around to doing the laundry. How is this connected to Death of the Family? Joker has made him so distraught and busy he hasn't had time to do the laundry, so he uses the new suit for the first time.

Nightwing's costume feels plain that's why it's chainging all the time.

I believe that his YJ costume is awesome

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32864 posts) - - Show Bio

Nee artist = new costume