Why is Lex Luthor on every major villain list?

• 65 results
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By InnerVenom123

You are ignorant.

This is a wiki site.

Educate yourself.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Mrs. Price

: This is one of Johann Davis's earliest drawings. See the villain's eyes? They're larger than the other characters'. They - insinuate a slightly skewed perspective on how they see the world. Just off normal.

David Dunn

: Doesn't look scary.

Mrs. Price

: Mm-hmm. That's what I said to my son. But he says there's always two kinds; there's the soldier villain - who fights the hero with his hands; and then there's the real threat - the brilliant and evil archenemy - who fights the hero with his mind.

-

Unbreakable

Lex is truly the most brilliant being in the DC Universe. Why do you like Dr. Doom (one of my personal faves as well, btw)? Well, because he is a genius. Sure, he has powers, but they dont mean anything, he could win with or without them. You could start Dr. Doom over with nothing, and within a few years, he could completely change his fate, and overcome pretty much anything. He has struggled with gods and men and came out victorious. The same could be said of Lex. I like Dr. Doom better by slight margins than Lex, but they are very similar in all honesty. Both are extremely patient, there are jokes about 10 year plans, yet Lex and Doom could both actually do that. Lex has really evolved with his enemy too. He cannot beat Superman straight up, so what does he do? He gets himself elected President, and becomes untouchable. Then he sets Doomsday loose on Superman, and it cannot be easily traced to him, so he can just keep testing Supes, and if he wins, great, and if he loses, oh well, he has plenty of time. Shoot, read Red Son, thats fantastic Luthor right there. Lex resisted Emperor Joker, something Spectre struggled to do.

Lex is incredible, and while id say arguing that Magneto, or Dr. Doom, or Darkseid, etc deserve higher ratings is understandable (though completely a matter of opinion), I have to say, you sound somewhat unfamiliar with Lex when you compare characters like Black Adam or Venom. I love both, shoot Eddie Brock Venom is my favorite Marvel character to this day, but in terms of icon, in terms of status, in terms of impact on their Universes? Venom is peewee league buddy.

Also, Batman is consistently rated the number 1 hero, and all your complaints could apply just as easily to him.

This.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Superman's archenemy, that explains itself.

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the dude created a Super Prison that nearly imobilized Superboy. Oh and he took down Superman...with a locamotive.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#56  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Because Lex Luthor is like Doctor Doom in the fact that if it weren't for PIS(a.k.a. Plot induced Stupidity) they should never lose with prep. Plus he's awesome and a great villain whose become president amongst other things. I wouldn't place him above Doctor Doom but I would place him somewhere around that. I do place him in DC's Top 5 villains.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cuz he's a badass that's why! Deal with it!

SapphDragon95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 190

He's a great villain and a genius. Bonus points for just being a mere man who goes against a god. How could you not love him?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae
deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's always been a top villain

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serberus08: Some legendary stories you could read in order to understand Lex Luthor:

All-Star Superman

Superman: Red Son

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel

The Black Rings arc of Action Comics (it starts around #900, I’m not sure)

Lex Luthor is my favorite comic book villain. Above every Spider-Man and Batman villain individually.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 the_stegman  Moderator

He's personally my favorite villain.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By phisigmatau

@lvenger said:

@cyberninja said:

He is the epitome of evil, that's why.

QFT. The best thing about the Superman/Lex Luthor relationship is that they are metaphors for human nature. Superman represents the best aspects of humanity whilst Lex represents our worst demons. That's why he's a major villain and my favourite villain.

lol best Park is Supes aint human

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mister_Surreal

The OP gets it right. He is Superman’s arch nemesis so despite him having a barley existent success rate he gets to be big time super villain. But to be fair, he is pretty much the archetype evil genius. People are open to convince me otherwise.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

... because he is a good villian