Why is it we never see Blue Marvel stories.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DocFatalis

I mean the character seemed to have great potential. Any body has an insight on this?

Avatar image for kamauthundercaller
kamauthundercaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black uber powerful superhero? Not gonna happen.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrShway88

what do you mean by "Blue"?

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DocFatalis

@kamauthundercaller said:

Well considering the USA have a black president, I certainly hope this is not the reason why.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

@DocFatalis: Because Sentry went off so well. Marvel doesn't want to deal with that issue again. Overly powerful characters don't really fit too well on Earth(Marvel's earth)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@MrShway88: That's his name.....

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By evilvegeta74

Lack of respect for the character, you know( Icon) syndrome like over there in Dc. Hator-Aide .

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Mega_spidey01

pretty much that's status quo for most black characters. that's why luke cage strength is 25 tons and not higher like hulk or juggernaut or namor. you can a have a powerful black woman character( storm, frenzy) but not a black man. that's why luke cage can't take the heavy hitters.

being the president is the position of power that's why we have nick fury(black).

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By evilvegeta74

@DocFatalis: By the way the Blue Marvel and Dc comics Icon are the considered the elephants in the room, good luck getting responces about the character!

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Timandm

I think Marvel readers, in spite of all the reality warping characters, prefer heroes with more limits than Superman...

Basically, many of us hate what I call, "The Chuck Norris" syndrome. Chuck Norris, in any movie or T.V. series CAN NOT BE BEATEN... EVER....Sure, in one or two movies that's entertaining. But after a while it's just boring because the outcome is inevitable and completely predictable.

Now, consider Super Man.... against ANY villain. Who is going to win? Super Man. There is no doubt. When the hero does not have limits, when they CAN NOT be beaten, then they become...boring...

Course, that's just my opinion.

Now, The Blue Marvel is very much like that. In fact, he's like Superman, Batman, and Iron-Man all rolled into one. How could this guy ever lose? And if he can't lose, then there's no tension... no suspense...and nothing to hold one's interest...

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mega_spidey01

he doesn't have his own villians to balance him out just like superman. all he needs is one.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By evilvegeta74

He getting the short end of the stick, not due to his ability, it's his color. Look at the way Marvel treated Luke Cage and Black Panther and other black characters for so long. It's the same with Dc, look at Icon, they cancelled Static, John Stewart has a rough time, and people are unsure, well actually they want the Martian Manhunter in JLA instead of Cyborg. They want Cyborg somewhere else. Maybe I'm wrong?

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Matchstick

Why is it that anytime a black character doesn't get enough exposure it's because he's black? Maybe it's just because he's not that popular with readers. Maybe it's because there are better more established characters they want to focus on. Maybe no writers want to take on such a high tier character. It could be any number of things.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mega_spidey01

most black characters don't get any respect unless their related to the way A-list characters in some way. marvel only cares about storm and ult. nick fury. DC is trying to push new character. @evilvegeta74 why does marvel not try to push luke cage, black panther, blade and cloak & dagger like they do iron man, thor and captain america ?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By SoA

i still haven't read the blue marvel mini , i cant find it anywhere!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#16  Edited By Teerack

Well before when Sentry was around I could understand them wanting to hold off on him, because people were already scared of Sentry, and I would say now would be the perfect time to being him in, but they're just starting a Wonder Man story with the end of the most recent Avengers. Although no one was ever scared of Wonder Man or Thor for that matter. I guess because their more emotionally stable, but I'd say Wonder Man isn't very stable anymore. Hopefully with Marvel NOW We might see him some more. Even if we don't see him in the action very much they should at least find a place for him where he can use his mind. His mind is supposed to be up there with Reed, Tony, and Hank.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@Matchstick

Why is it that anytime a black character doesn't get enough exposure it's because he's black? Maybe it's just because he's not that popular with readers. Maybe it's because there are better more established characters they want to focus on. Maybe no writers want to take on such a high tier character. It could be any number of things.

Its a vicious circle. Character not popular don't chance on pushing him, he's not popular because he's black and the majority of comic readers are still white. That's why DC/ Marvel try to introduce more characters of color which in turn gets the response of "why are they pushing all these black or gay characters on us?" ( Greenteaforme I'm looking right at you).
Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Matchstick

Looked up the stats on his mini and he had very poor sales. His first issue sold the most with 17,305 estmated sales, and it dropped to 12, 105 by the second issue and then hovered around 10,000 for the rest of the series. I've heard him called an over powered 'mary sue' on numerous boards and seeing as nearly a third of the people that bought the first issue didn't like it enough to buy the second makes me inclined to think that's why we don't see him anymore.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mega_spidey01

maybe will be on the new avengers roster?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20  Edited By owie  Moderator

They need to stick him in some more series as a member of something or other. If Thor can be on a team and not be seen as too powerful, so can Blue Marvel. He won't get more popular until he gets more appearances.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Twentyfive

Marvel simply has no plans for him. Why? Who knows lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the state of Marvel, if a new character is not an instant breakout hit, your going to get tossed into the background for a while. Someone might pick him up and use him down the road, if Luke Cage can go from obscurity to the forefront, Blue Marvel can too.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By agent9149

@Mega_spidey01 said:

pretty much that's status quo for most black characters. that's why luke cage strength is 25 tons and not higher like hulk or juggernaut or namor. you can a have a powerful black woman character( storm, frenzy) but not a black man. that's why luke cage can't take the heavy hitters.

being the president is the position of power that's why we have nick fury(black).

Now that you mention it; i always thought it was stupid that Bishop couldn't adsorb much more power.