• 62 results
Sirealkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sirealkillz

So whenever I see threads where Bats is given alot of time, he mostly wins.

But I dont get it; I know of 2 people with better prep and they dont win everytime.

Black Panther has more resources.

Dexter builds plannet busters in a afternoon.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Dexter from the cartoon "Dexter's Laboratory"?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite

Dexter is rarely used, but when he is almost always wins. 
Black Panther is not as well known for prep as Batman, plus it could be argued that Batman may have better resources due to New God and Kryptonian tech. 

I also like how no one complains that Reed Richards and Dr.Doom also are always picked to win when they have prep. Seems like a bit of a double standard to mention one and not the others.

Sirealkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sirealkillz
@Decoy Elite said:
" Dexter is rarely used, but when he is almost always wins.  Black Panther is not as well known for prep as Batman, plus it could be argued that Batman may have better resources due to New God and Kryptonian tech.   I also like how no one complains that Reed Richards and Dr.Doom also are always picked to win when they have prep. Seems like a bit of a double standard to mention one and not the others. "
Yeah, if you give guys like the ones you stated alot of prep, they end up winning 9/10 times.

But I just find it weird that Batman is so overestimated with prep, while others are underestimated.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Sirealkillz said:

" @Decoy Elite said:

" Dexter is rarely used, but when he is almost always wins.  Black Panther is not as well known for prep as Batman, plus it could be argued that Batman may have better resources due to New God and Kryptonian tech.   I also like how no one complains that Reed Richards and Dr.Doom also are always picked to win when they have prep. Seems like a bit of a double standard to mention one and not the others. "
Yeah, if you give guys like the ones you stated alot of prep, they end up winning 9/10 times.   But I just find it weird that Batman is so overestimated with prep, while others are underestimated. "
Everyone says Reed and Doom insta win with prep. 
Not saying you're wrong, but you can't just ignore those two when you mention prep insta wins.

Oh and Dexter wins 10 out of 10 with prep if he's bloodlusted.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Batman was smart enough to develop a split personality for himself in case of emergency.
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Peaople say Doom wins without preparation, with guy he can not beat, the same about Reed, most of the times i see Batman without preparation, people say he lose, even in matches he could win easy, i mean, Midnigther win always, even when the other guys have powers that could beat his brain thing.

Sirealkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sirealkillz
@Jake Fury said:
" Batman was smart enough to develop a split personality for himself in case of emergency. "
Oh I know, but I dont get why he is bat god. 

@Decoy Elite said:
" @Sirealkillz said:

" @Decoy Elite said:

Yeah, if you give guys like the ones you stated alot of prep, they end up winning 9/10 times.   But I just find it weird that Batman is so overestimated with prep, while others are underestimated. "
Everyone says Reed and Doom insta win with prep.  Not saying you're wrong, but you can't just ignore those two when you mention prep insta wins.  Oh and Dexter wins 10 out of 10 with prep if he's bloodlusted. "

Huh? I was agreeing with you, I know how reed and Doom are over.

And Dexter wins but that is because its true. :P
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Sirealkillz: What I'm saying is, that if you agree that Doom and Reed get this treatment then why not make a thread complaining how characters who are well known to be versed in prep get auto wins. It's a lot more general(as it's not about one character) and it would more likely develop into a useful discussion. 
This thread is most likely to turn into just people either agreeing or disagreeing about how good Bats is with prep.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Night Thrasher

I would add Nick Fury to this discussion 

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Hazlenaut

This music video best describe Batman. Yes, He tends to be overrated but in most carnations no matter how silly he tends to still have a cool factor.   

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Primmaster64
@InnerVenom123 said:
" Dexter from the cartoon "Dexter's Laboratory"? "
Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Telcalipoca
@Jake Fury said:
" Batman was smart enough to develop a split personality for himself in case of emergency. "
batman is insane
chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chris thompson
@InnerVenom123 said:
"Dexter from the cartoon "Dexter's Laboratory"? "
Sirealkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sirealkillz

YES DEXTERs FROM LAB!!!!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher said:
" I would add Nick Fury to this discussion  "
 Nick Fury is pretty good, although I think he's more about overall plans. His are usually pretty realistic(and don't involve super alien god tech most of the time) thus don't really look as impressive as Bat's, Reed's, BP's, or Doom's. Although I agree he should be well noted for being a very good tactician.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
 Nick Fury is pretty good, although I think he's more about overall plans. His are usually pretty realistic(and don't involve super alien god tech most of the time) thus don't really look as impressive as Bat's, Reed's, BP's, or Doom's. Although I agree he should be well noted for being a very good tactician. "
I would add Fury for the intelligence part of prep. He has hands down the best intel in comics. That's about 75% of prep. You can give Bats all the Tech in the world, if Fury has the intel to prepare for it then he has better prep.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
 Nick Fury is pretty good, although I think he's more about overall plans. His are usually pretty realistic(and don't involve super alien god tech most of the time) thus don't really look as impressive as Bat's, Reed's, BP's, or Doom's. Although I agree he should be well noted for being a very good tactician. "
I would add Fury for the intelligence part of prep. He has hands down the best intel in comics. That's about 75% of prep. You can give Bats all the Tech in the world, if Fury has the intel to prepare for it then he has better prep. "
Not really. His Intel isn't always perfect and it's usually not applied in the same over the top way as most of the prep masters.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
I would add Fury for the intelligence part of prep. He has hands down the best intel in comics. That's about 75% of prep. You can give Bats all the Tech in the world, if Fury has the intel to prepare for it then he has better prep. "
Not really. His Intel isn't always perfect and it's usually not applied in the same over the top way as most of the prep masters. "
True, but his mastery of espionage is on par with Bats' detective skills. If Bats is the "world's greatest detective" (which is debatable b/c Elongated Man was portrayed as at least his equal in the early years), then Nick Fury is the "world's greatest spy", which is at least on par with a greatest detective.
Mrs. Tim Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mrs. Tim Drake
@DeathpooltheT1000: Actually, Batman does really well even without prep. if you read Batman: Gotham Knights #8-11. 
When Hugo Strange unpredictably came back and announced he knew that Bruce Wayne was Batman. Pretty good read, i must admit. That whole series was really well done however underrated. 
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
Not really. His Intel isn't always perfect and it's usually not applied in the same over the top way as most of the prep masters. "
True, but his mastery of espionage is on par with Bats' detective skills. If Bats is the "world's greatest detective" (which is debatable b/c Elongated Man was portrayed as at least his equal in the early years), then Nick Fury is the "world's greatest spy", which is at least on par with a greatest detective. "
I don't think tittles should really count. Hulk is called "The strongest one there is" when at any given time there are Marvel characters who are stronger or as strong and as you mentioned the whole Batman as "The World's greatest detective" when there's other detective characters who are just as good, if not better.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
True, but his mastery of espionage is on par with Bats' detective skills. If Bats is the "world's greatest detective" (which is debatable b/c Elongated Man was portrayed as at least his equal in the early years), then Nick Fury is the "world's greatest spy", which is at least on par with a greatest detective. "
I don't think tittles should really count. Hulk is called "The strongest one there is" when at any given time there are Marvel characters who are stronger or as strong and as you mentioned the whole Batman as "The World's greatest detective" when there's other detective characters who are just as good, if not better. "
True. The point is that Nick Fury is just as good, if not better than, espionage as Bats is a detective. Given that, I think Fury should be considered on the list along with the Black Widow.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Night Thrasher:  Being a great spy doesn't mean that you're great with prep and Black Widow has never done anything impressive with prep.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher:  Being a great spy doesn't mean that you're great with prep and Black Widow has never done anything impressive with prep. "
has she ever done anything impressive period? I can't think of a single instance where she hasn't had her ass handed to her by any character of B-list or higher.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Night Thrasher:  Being a great spy doesn't mean that you're great with prep and Black Widow has never done anything impressive with prep. "
has she ever done anything impressive period? I can't think of a single instance where she hasn't had her ass handed to her by any character of B-list or higher. "
This has been mentioned before and I too have never really seen her do anything impressive. That said, I'm not a big Black Widow fan so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Decoy Elite said:
"This has been mentioned before and I too have never really seen her do anything impressive. That said, I'm not a big Black Widow fan so take what I say with a grain of salt. "
neither am I truth be told. I've read a lot of avengers in my time. But still, she seems to lose all the time.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
"This has been mentioned before and I too have never really seen her do anything impressive. That said, I'm not a big Black Widow fan so take what I say with a grain of salt. "
neither am I truth be told. I've read a lot of avengers in my time. But still, she seems to lose all the time. "
I've seen her beat Jigsaw and some thugs in a Daredevil comic, but that's about it.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Decoy Elite said:
" I've seen her beat Jigsaw and some thugs in a Daredevil comic, but that's about it. "
so her best feat is beating a mid level D-lister?
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" I've seen her beat Jigsaw and some thugs in a Daredevil comic, but that's about it. "
so her best feat is beating a mid level D-lister? "
I'm sure she has better feats than that, I just haven't seen them.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Decoy Elite said:  me neither. Ultimate Black Widow is a lot more impressive.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach: @Decoy Elite: I think she once got the upper hand against Elektra, but I may need to check the validity of that. Most of my knowledge on Widow comes for either Daredevil or Avengers comics. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Silver2467: I'll have to take your word on that. I'm not going to be investing any amount of time or money on Black Widow. I have much better investments.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach: Same. I like her character, but she is not nearly on the top of my list. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Silver2467 said:
" @Crom-Cruach: Same. I like her character, but she is not nearly on the top of my list.  "
Eh, I liked her in the ultimate verse. But beyond that she never caught my intention as someone worth time to track down her stories. Not when there are far more interesting female characters in comics.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Crom-Cruach: Same. I like her character, but she is not nearly on the top of my list.  "
Eh, I liked her in the ultimate verse. But beyond that she never caught my intention as someone worth time to track down her stories. Not when there are far more interesting female characters in comics. "
I can agree with that, except for the Ultimate version. I have not read very many Ultimate comics beyond Ultimate SpiderMan and Daredevil. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Silver2467 said:
"I can agree with that, except for the Ultimate version. I have not read very many Ultimate comics beyond Ultimate SpiderMan and Daredevil.  "
Ultimate spider-man is my favorite spiderman run. I haven't checked ultimate Daredevil. But in my opinion the best part of the Ultimate universe is the Ultimates (ultimate avengers). Or was until it was raped and spit on when Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum hit the shelves.

*incoherent rants of uncontrollable rage*
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Silver2467 said:
"I can agree with that, except for the Ultimate version. I have not read very many Ultimate comics beyond Ultimate SpiderMan and Daredevil.  "
Ultimate spider-man is my favorite spiderman run. I haven't checked ultimate Daredevil. But in my opinion the best part of the Ultimate universe is the Ultimates (ultimate avengers). Or was until it was raped and spit on when Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum hit the shelves.  *incoherent rants of uncontrollable rage* "
Ultimate Daredevil is somewhat boring, in my opinion. I have not read too much involving him, but from what I have read, it is not too intriguing. I much prefer the mainstream SpiderMan than any other run. Although I am still pissed about OMD and always will be until the re-retcon that.  

*incoherent rants of uncontrollable rage*
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Silver2467 said:
" Although I am still pissed about OMD and always will be until the re-retcon that.   *incoherent rants of uncontrollable rage* "
*joins Silver2467 in rants of incoherent rage*
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Decoy Elite said:
I'm going to have to disagree with this. Being a great spy, along with being a great detective, is all about prep. What exactly is prep? Prep is planning based upon the information gathered. The gathering of the information is the hard part of prep. That's why Bats is so good at it. His intel is superior to most. That's why I put Fury and Black Widow there. Also Oracle, and Martian Manhunter. Agree or disagree, to me prep is 85% intel.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Silver2467 said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Ultimate spider-man is my favorite spiderman run. I haven't checked ultimate Daredevil. But in my opinion the best part of the Ultimate universe is the Ultimates (ultimate avengers). Or was until it was raped and spit on when Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum hit the shelves.  *incoherent rants of uncontrollable rage* "
Ultimate Daredevil is somewhat boring, in my opinion. I have not read too much involving him, but from what I have read, it is not too intriguing. I much prefer the mainstream SpiderMan than any other run. Although I am still pissed about OMD and always will be until the re-retcon that.   *incoherent rants of uncontrollable rage* "
Don't get me started on the Ultimate universe and OMD. 
Rot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rot
@Night Thrasher: Gathering intel isn't the only part of prep. For instance, if someone knows that Superman is weak to Kryptonite this does not mean they can instantly beat Superman as they still need to get the Kryptonite in the first place and they need to figure out how to use it correctly against him. 

Also, being a detective has nothing to do with being great with prep. Being a great spy might, but a detective...no just no.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Rot said:
" @Night Thrasher: Gathering intel isn't the only part of prep. For instance, if someone knows that Superman is weak to Kryptonite this does not mean they can instantly beat Superman as they still need to get the Kryptonite in the first place and they need to figure out how to use it correctly against him.   Also, being a detective has nothing to do with being great with prep. Being a great spy might, but a detective...no just no. "
I believe I stated that gathering intel isn't the only part of prep... but to me it's the most important part. The better your intel the better you can prepare. That's why football teams spend so much time watching tapes.
Rot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rot
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Rot said:
" @Night Thrasher: Gathering intel isn't the only part of prep. For instance, if someone knows that Superman is weak to Kryptonite this does not mean they can instantly beat Superman as they still need to get the Kryptonite in the first place and they need to figure out how to use it correctly against him.   Also, being a detective has nothing to do with being great with prep. Being a great spy might, but a detective...no just no. "
I believe I stated that gathering intel isn't the only part of prep... but to me it's the most important part. The better your intel the better you can prepare. That's why football teams spend so much time watching tapes. "
But all the preparing in the world can't save a team if they don't have the right players. Get what I'm saying?
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Rot said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" @Rot said:
I believe I stated that gathering intel isn't the only part of prep... but to me it's the most important part. The better your intel the better you can prepare. That's why football teams spend so much time watching tapes. "
But all the preparing in the world can't save a team if they don't have the right players. Get what I'm saying? "
That's true, but you can be the most talented team in the league...if your not prepared then your going to lose.
Rot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rot
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Rot said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" @Rot said:
But all the preparing in the world can't save a team if they don't have the right players. Get what I'm saying? "
That's true, but you can be the most talented team in the league...if your not prepared then your going to lose. "
Yes, yes that's true but it doesn't really debunk what I'm saying here.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Rot said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" @Rot said:
" @Night Thrasher said:
" @Rot said:
That's true, but you can be the most talented team in the league...if your not prepared then your going to lose. "
Yes, yes that's true but it doesn't really debunk what I'm saying here. "
I'm not trying to. The whole point was Batman and prep. I simple want to put a value to being a master in a field that is basically all about prep. Characters like Fury, Black Widow, Oracle, Essential, Ghost, etc are inherently adapt at prep and thereby should be considered as rivals in prep along with Bats.
Rot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rot
@Night Thrasher: The problem is that most of the people you mentioned haven't done anything as insane as Batman has with prep. Especially Black Widow, seriously, stop mentioning  her.
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mrs. Tim Drake: I know, people undrrate Batman when he have no preparation time.
I dont even know why, i mean other guys always win, even when they face guys with more power and smarter.
Main Example Storm, whe always wins.
csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By csimon

It Also helps that Superman has call Batman the most dangerous on the Planet thats helps
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Tank.

Simple answer of why. Fans.