Why is everyone upstet about the gay Iceman?

• 69 results
MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@moul said:

It shouldn't be derogatory, but it shouldn't be used as a compliment. I really don't understand when people say "I'm white and I'm proud of it" or "I'm black and I'm proud of it". A man can be proud of his success, of his work, of his life. But the skin color? really? we are in 2015 it's time to grow up.

You can be proud of your race. It's acknowledging your ancestry and where you came from and being proud of that. It's being proud of a part of your identity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

His being gay isn't the issue. It's the way it was executed that sucks. The younger Bobby is supposedly gay, but the older Bobby isn't, and they're supposed to be the same person. That's just poor execution.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By JohnnyZ256

I don't mind Iceman being gay, but if I find out that my local ice cream man is gay, then, well, there's going to be trouble. (I'm kidding.)

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By chuckwolf

I don't mind Iceman being gay, but if I find out that my local ice cream man is gay, then, well, there's going to be trouble. (I'm kidding.)

Your local Ice cream man is gay, but only if you're under 14.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: LOL, there's only one race, the human race. Maybe I could be proud of my culture or my tradition. But no one should be proud of his skin color, it's simply stupid

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

LOL, there's only one race, the human race. Maybe I could be proud of my culture or my tradition. But no one should be proud of his skin color, it's simply stupid

Humans are a species, not a race. A race is a distinction within the species. Unless you're in a fantasy setting where race is interchangeable with species for some reason. But you know, we're not. Granted what exactly defines a race isn't exactly clear.

So what you're saying is you can't be proud of the way you look? That's a little mean. Or that we shouldn't take pride in certain genetic traits we were fortunate enough to be born with, or pride in dealing with the social ramifications our skin color causes? Race and skin color have a direct effect on the person we become. Why wouldn't we be proud of an integral part of our identity?

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Because they are only doing it as a publicity stunt and to be politically correct. It's nonsense.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By Jestersmiles

@ryagan said:

His being gay isn't the issue. It's the way it was executed that sucks. The younger Bobby is supposedly gay, but the older Bobby isn't, and they're supposed to be the same person. That's just poor execution.

@wrglfan2814 said:

Because it made no sense.....like at all.

@johnnyz256 said:

Your local Ice cream man is gay, but only if you're under 14.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ryagan said:

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean basically bullying him into acknowledging it makes it worse. She claims because he's had failed relationships, then he's gay.

She's hardly one to talk.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly because it is a publicity stunt, and wasn't necessary to add depth to the character. Also because it is almost always to make a new character that is a minority rather than diversifying existing characters.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Becaused it was forced and unnecessary. Current Marvel ignores fans and relies on events and publicity stunts in an attempt to gain a demographic that was never interested in comic books. It's sad seeing my once favorite publisher go down the sh!tter.

I'm praying for another industry crash.

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't even mind the publicity stunt. Just WHY ON EARTH would you choose a character that is clearly NOT gay? He has a very clear record when it comes to relationships.

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

@antithetical: It shouldn't be derogatory, but it shouldn't be used as a compliment. I really don't understand when people say "I'm white and I'm proud of it" or "I'm black and I'm proud of it". A man can be proud of his success, of his work, of his life. But the skin color? really? we are in 2015 it's time to grow up.

Because some people have had to overcome obstacles involving their race. To say this is ignorant of the many struggles certain minorities have been facing. Maybe if we lived in this magical world where a black person can walk down the street and not have people check their pockets in worry or where a guy can walk outside with his boyfriend and not have people shake their head in disgust and even get violent in some cases, then you can tell other people to grow up. But until then be quiet and go sit down somewhere.

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not really care either way. Maybe we are missing the context of that conversation. Maybe none of it is true. You never know. Everybody needs to calm down. But the some of the people in this thread are making that privileged anti social vaguely racially ignorant stereotype of comic book fans worse. Stop making us all look bad!!!!!!!!!! lol

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers