Why is everyone upstet about the gay Iceman?

• 69 results
Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can see the problem, but seriously, I didn't know there was a huge fan base of Iceman 0_o I mean, we are not talking about Gambit or Nightcrawler, it's just Iceman

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because they are only doing it as a publicity stunt and to be politically correct. It's nonsense.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cause there are already awesome gay heroes Marvel fails to utilize same with black, female, etc but they decide to pull PR stunts and change characters.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sex orientation change is pretty much the same with race orientation change and both are despised for either being politically correct BS or a publicity stunt.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unnecessary change.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I don't care that he's gay, but the way they revealed that he's gay is well.... gay.

*ba dmm tss*

Actually it really pisses me off how they did it. And Jean's stupid face while doing it was infuriating, so much so that I wanted to punch her in the face. And the fact that it was accepted so quickly was also stupid. DC at least has the cajones to burn the characters history, reset them and make them gay from the get go.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rubear

Because it's zashkvar and absurd.

The adult one is not. He had numerous relationships, all with girls. He is attracted to girls both on conscious and subconscious level (his subconcious tried to rape Mistiqe one day and protect other girls he had relashionships with). He never showed attraction to boys. Orientation and relashionships are as important as race, nation and etc. They are parts of who the character is. So how adult one can be not gay while the young one is? Well, i will laugh it it will turns out that young was permanently cured at some moment or this is just a psionic bad joke of Jean, but for now it seems like it is just a gesture for stupid PC and some gay-lobby. Therefore i hate that change.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because this solely is done to stir up controversy, and the worst part is it did.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By frogdog

Unnecessary change.

Because this solely is done to stir up controversy, and the worst part is it did.

@rubear said:

The adult one is not. He had numerous relationships, all with girls. He is attracted to girls both on conscious and subconscious level (his subconcious tried to rape Mistiqe one day and protect other girls he had relashionships with). He never showed attraction to boys. Orientation and relashionships are as important as race, nation and etc. They are parts of who the character is. So how adult one can be not gay while the young one is? Well, i will laugh it it will turns out that young was permanently cured at some moment or this is just a psionic bad joke of Jean, but for now it seems like it is just a gesture for stupid PC and some gay-lobby. Therefore i hate that change.

These

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

It was uncalled for.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonez_

@frogdog said:

@blackwind said:

Unnecessary change.

@ariesxmasters said:

@rubear said:

These

^Yup

@saint_wildcard said:

DC at least has the cajones to burn the characters history, reset them and make them gay from the get go.

And you gtfo

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: Reboot Gay>>>>>>>>>>>>> You're gay cus I read your mind

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: long lasting continuity and history>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>scrapping everything because you want new custmores, so just screw all your existing ones

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: long lasting continuity and history>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>scrapping everything because you want new custmores, so just screw all your existing ones

Let's not get into a huge debate about things that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. Besides, Iceman being gay is also scraping history and continuity to get new customers :P

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994:

Because they are only doing it as a publicity stunt and to be politically correct. It's nonsense.

This. Exactly this. Kudos for so accurately describing this ridiculous stunt for exactly what it is, kind sir!!!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I'm not upset; I just find it confusing and it makes no sense.

#ec3forCHAMP

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause he's not gay.

Beata

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Roddy010

Cause he's not gay.

Beata

Are you sure?:P

Just look at those hand gestures!
Just look at those hand gestures!
Even Adult Jean knew something was up.
Envious of Rictor?!
Envious of Rictor?!
And he always had a thing for twirling on poles for Professor
And he always had a thing for twirling on poles for Professor
A  lack of interest in females?!
A lack of interest in females?!

Lol JK

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was unnecessary.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

*Gasp*
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! You know, when taken out of context that actually can explain it and fix Bendis's delirium. xDDDDDDDDDDD

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about the character. What I do care about is the big 2 just doing something big and stupid to get press. This gay iceman thing is just a crass and lazy attempt by Marvel to appeal to minority readers and mainstream news. If they really wanted to showcase a gay character, they would promote one of their pre-existing gay characters to a prominent position of create a new gay character and promote them.

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Herx

I'm not upset about it as i think the whole time-travel plot involving the original and 'now' versions of the X-men can lead to some drastic changes with the originals without them affecting their 'now' incarnations i.e. young jean knows she's dead in the current 'now' timeline but her knowing it hasn't changed it in the present, and a storyline about a much younger bobby's sexaulaity being affected due to his situations/relationships/interactions in the present is an interesting one to explore (the whole road untaken sort of thing). Personaly i thought that it was handled (writing wise) extremely poor, being passed out like a general non-important comment (and by Jean rather than Bobby, so god knows how accurate her read on young bobby could have been... he could be confused, pondering who he is etc... adn jean just outs and lables him). It was just written poorly, handled poorly and the entire scene just came out wrong (pun sort of intended) as it does sort of ignore the big thing about someone comming out as gay, bi, transgendered, whatever... its that comming out is a big impact/step on someones life (its the game changer), and then afterwards introducing yourself to new people as being gay/bi/tg/klingon/whatever... is not so much of a big deal as you are already out. But here young Bobby's outing was treated like it was him just being introduced to people at a party "oh hi guys, heres bobby, and he's one of them there gays but dont make a big deal about it hahaha" rather than the big personal moment for him which it should have been. I mean i understand what Marvel is trying to do, saying that being gay is nothing to be shocked about anymore and that it should just be part of the normal way of things/unsuprising etc... but when its related to a characters development it isnt an unsuprising thing. Its a big revalation to them and to their close friends as well as they have not idea how their closest friends will take it.
In other words, by trying to "show" how unphased and cool they are at having gay characters Marvel (but mostly Bendis) pretty much ignored the fact that people comming out is a big deal and just shows how some 'enlightened' writers still dont know how to write or plot certain character developments.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he's gay he's gay so what? I don't like the Jean outing him thing, it seemed OOC for both of them and why would she intrude in his mind and blurt it out?

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: I say he is bisexual.

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Because he had sex with their fathers.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a wrestling, we call it a cheap pop.

It's nothing more then a stunt to drum up sales on a stale title, and Bendis should know better.

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: exactly, LGBT bullshit gets shoved down my throat enough, i dont need more people trying to convince me "falsely" that being gay is "natural" or "okay". They act like its okay to have your own opinion, but if its "politically incorrect" then all of a sudden its wrong and your not allowed to have it. Im done with liberal america

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harriso: Why being gay shouldn't be natural or okay? I really don't understand

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FearTheLiving

They haven't really been clear on if it's both young Bobby and old Bobby. I mean they could still pull something that makes these young X-Men not the actual X-Men of 616's past. That being said it really depends on how deep they go into it. Personally never say Iceman as gay and would rather he not be because it feels forced but a young alternate Bobby being gay? I'm fine with that. Or you know just make him Bi like they should have said.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

We are living in the Tumblr age where comic characters are either gay or bi.It's unpopular to be straight these days.

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: yes this exactly, all of a sudden its become uncool to be white. Lieke seriously, whens the last time you've heard someone use "white boy" as a complement.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harriso: Why "white boy" should be a complement? it's just our skin color...............

Harriso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: i mean its used as an insult to mean that you're bad at sports or other things

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harriso said:

@moul: i mean its used as an insult to mean that you're bad at sports or other things

Actually "white boy" has always been derogatory, in all my years I've never heard it used as a compliment.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: It shouldn't be derogatory, but it shouldn't be used as a compliment. I really don't understand when people say "I'm white and I'm proud of it" or "I'm black and I'm proud of it". A man can be proud of his success, of his work, of his life. But the skin color? really? we are in 2015 it's time to grow up.

jcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because most comic readers are straight males who like when their heroes get with hot girls. Not much of a mystery really. I admit I'm guilty of this, I just happen to not care that much about Iceman.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care if he's gay I care that it's basically a gimmick.

Faux_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harriso: Just like how people whisper "that black guy" or how "urban" is used as a coded pejorative often. Stop focusing on color and sexuality and it wont bother you. Just take things as they are; some people are white some people are black some people are straight some people are gay.

On this whole Ice Man deal, I bet its some PIS to do with alternate time-lines or some other shenanigans. The fact that people are upset about this is what is making this a big deal, otherwise its a non-issue.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

homophobia :P

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate marketing gimmicks.

I hate them with all my soul.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By dernman

It was the Black Vortex that changed Iceman gay. As stated anyone who used it and turned back will forever changed. That's why older Iceman is not.

Probably not true but it's a better explanation for the stupid move than what Bendis and diversity apologists have come up with. :p

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it doesn't make sense. All of a sudden he is gay just for wow factor an to be with the times. I don't mind gay characters if they make sense. Shameless has great gay characters and I enjoy their story. This whole outing is just in my eyes to wow people an be politically correct. Make a gay character, cool. don't change and old one.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Cause there are already awesome gay heroes Marvel fails to utilize same with black, female, etc but they decide to pull PR stunts and change characters.

These comments explain it the best.