Why is everyone so freaked out about WW director leaving?

Avatar image for thebiggestx-fan
TheBiggestX-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

and why is everyone going "HA! DC ARE GOING TO FAIL!!!!!"...

I mean this has happened before... Directors and Writers of Thor left and that got made and was a success...

Edgar Wright left Ant-Man, but it still got made and it looks like it's another hit for Marvel...

DC will just hire another director that wants to work with them....

What's the big deal about it?????

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebiggestx-fan: Because it's the last of many signals. Zack Snyder, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot etc etc. I love DC, far more than Marvel, but I have no faith in their cinematic universe

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fanboys

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@moul: not sure how those r signals. If it was revealed that the crew ate subway instead of burgers, is that a bad sign too?

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. Lately I've been seeing that it's just become a thing now to poke fun at DC or make small hiccups seem like it's the end of them. Just an observation I've made on this side and other areas on the Internet.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its not a big deal. Just a bunch of hipsters making it one like they do about anything related to the DCCU.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I don't care.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

Some want DC to fail. So every time something dubious happens they come running like sharks smelling blood.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a trend to start hating and bothering DC for no reason but I commend the Marvel fans that actually pick up a DC Comic and read it. I don't know why people freaking out the movie comes out 2017 2 more years like seriously.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Superguy1591

WB just got Lord and Miller(LEGO Movie) for Flash, Ben Affleck is the likely director for Batman and James Wan(FF7) is the likely director for Aquaman.

Hell, even Snyder on JL is a good choice, just not on Superman.

Jennifer Kent, Kate Bigelow...those are the women that need to be in charge of Wonder Woman, not this lady and her talking tiger.

WB has been knocking the directors did the DCCU out of the park.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MAZAHS117

It's simple.......cause....fanboys

What would their make-believe MARVEL vs DC war be without them?

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the use of the phrase "creative differences" on the press release that piss me off. "Creative Differences" is just marketing speak for "the producers and studio execs kept sticking their noses into the productions and the director got frustrated and left." WB hired the director to do a job. They must have listened to her pitch her ideas before they made a decision. And when pre-porduction gets underway, the money men think they can make creative decisions and start making demands of the director. They hired her to do a job, just friggen let her do the job.

This crap happens all the time in Hollywood and it pisses me off. Let the creative people make the movie and let the accountants do whatever the hell they do.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: no. If the rumors are true about her talking tiger and 1920s WW are true, it means that she wasn't going to make her WW a part of the DCCU.

A talking tiger in the Snyder-verse? Yeah, I can see creative differences. WB didn't hear her story and her pitch when they hired her. They probably asked her based on her resume with GoT.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: the thing about rumours is...

I'll wait until I hear from the director, until then rumour are completely irrelavent.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cause a studio that doesn't agree with directors end up with the Amazing Spiderman films

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Superguy1591

@cgoodness: and a studio that forces a director to go with their vision instead of getting a director that agrees with them becomes Iron Man 2, Spider-Man 3 and so on.

It's best that they go their separate ways.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

It's the use of the phrase "creative differences" on the press release that piss me off. "Creative Differences" is just marketing speak for "the producers and studio execs kept sticking their noses into the productions and the director got frustrated and left." WB hired the director to do a job. They must have listened to her pitch her ideas before they made a decision. And when pre-porduction gets underway, the money men think they can make creative decisions and start making demands of the director. They hired her to do a job, just friggen let her do the job.

This crap happens all the time in Hollywood and it pisses me off. Let the creative people make the movie and let the accountants do whatever the hell they do.

No Caption Provided

@rdclip: no. If the rumors are true about her talking tiger and 1920s WW are true, it means that she wasn't going to make her WW a part of the DCCU.

A talking tiger in the Snyder-verse? Yeah, I can see creative differences. WB didn't hear her story and her pitch when they hired her. They probably asked her based on her resume with GoT.

No Caption Provided

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: @judasnixon: I believe it since there were rumors of Wonder Woman having 6 customs...because she's a girl and girls have lots of outfits.

I'm not crying over this; I had already made it known I didnt like her as the director.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: I think WB can find a better director, one that has directed a critically acclaimed movie like Jenifer Kent.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

People are only making this a big deal because she's a good director, but WB didn't like what she was doing with the character so they let her go. They have a about 6 months to find a new director so they're fine.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Some want DC to fail. So every time something dubious happens they come running like sharks smelling blood.

Unfortunately true :(

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh?

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a trend to start hating and bothering DC for no reason but I commend the Marvel fans that actually pick up a DC Comic and read it. I don't know why people freaking out the movie comes out 2017 2 more years like seriously.

blame the new batch of fans who did not read comics growing up

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's usually a sign the studio is being too generic in their vision of the film. And the director, the person who is supposed to get final say is not being allowed to work freely or creatively.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers