Why is Dr.Doom still so minor even after all he's done lately.

barnabae70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By barnabae70

Dr.Doom is one of if not my favorite super-villian and i know marvel tries to promote how big of a threat he is whenever they can, they still undermine him to an even worse extent because despite some of the latest things he's done it still seems like he will never really accomplish anything plus somehow it seem they might be trying to make him a good guy after the latest in FF & fantastic four be Marvel Now.

Accomplishment-Killed a watcher and was upgraded by the marquis of death, control over all mystically powered vibranium(plus during this was proved that doom world is the only way andthat is what he truely believes), lastly & most important survived a full on assault by 5 mad celestials

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

"Dr. Doom" and "minor" do not belong in the same sentence!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Strider92 said:

To Doctor Doom, the Fantastic Four are nothing more than minor annoyances.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

@The Stegman said:

@Strider92 said:

To Doctor Doom, the Fantastic Four are nothing more than minor annoyances.

Touché

barnabae70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By barnabae70

yes i know and its sad to say but thats the only way it looks because even with all his power what main or widely know Character has he killed, they've even dirtied his image during the Childs crusade arc by having him kill stature instead of all the more devastating deaths they could have made.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Doom has been built up over the years as so accomplished and powerful, Marvel has to downgrade him or he will become all but unusable. If you take him on feats alone he would not be a team killer, he would be a TEAMS killer

barnabae70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By barnabae70

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Dr Doom has been built up over the years as so accomplished and powerful, Marvel has to downgrade him or he will become all but unusable. If you take him on feats alone he would not be a team killer, he would be a TEAMS killer

EXACTLY MY POINT. Some teams just need to die though and plus how great would it have been if the solution during the AvsX was DrD

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

"Minor" compared to what?

The dude is the first villain to conquer the Earth in a cannon story. If he seems "minor" now it's only because Marvel is focusing more on other villains at the moment. Namely Ultron and Red Skull it seems. Don't worry though. Even if he becomes a hero for the time being, Doom will ALWAYS be Marvel's marquee villain.

Hell, Spider-Man is Marvel's marquee hero, and look what they are doing to him right now. Doom is not "minor" and it's only a matter of time before the Marvel U trembles at his name once more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barnabae70 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

EXACTLY MY POINT. Some teams just need to die though and plus how great would it have been if the solution during the AvsX was DrD

Not being involved in the travesty that was AvX was the best thing for Doom, he would have been badly written like pretty much everyone else. Doom has never been about wiping out teams, more about manipulating people and events to keep and increase his power. Post Doomwar I can easily see him taking some time out of the spotlight to plan his next move. I have always been far more impressed with his tactics than raw power.

barnabae70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By barnabae70

@Moonchilde said:

"Minor" compared to what?

The dude is the first villain to conquer the Earth in a cannon story. If he seems "minor" now it's only because Marvel is focusing more on other villains at the moment. Namely Ultron and Red Skull it seems. Don't worry though. Even if he becomes a hero for the time being, Doom will ALWAYS be Marvel's marquee villain.

Hell, Spider-Man is Marvel's marquee hero, and look what they are doing to him right now. Doom is not "minor" and it's only a matter of time before the Marvel U trembles at his name once more.

Minor as in all they have doom talk about is rule the world and sure as hell has the power do to it now they need to make it happen in the real time, or at least do something like they did with vulcans b!*#$2 self nd rule over a main race and start his conquering of the galaxy. Also now that youve said that i do like how their doing spiderman except the fact that its doc ock

barnabae70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By barnabae70

@Brazen_Intellect said:

@barnabae70 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Not being involved in the travesty that was AvX was the best thing for Doom, he would have been badly written like pretty much everyone else. Doom has never been about wiping out teams, more about manipulating people and events to keep and increase his power. Post Doomwar I can easily see him taking some time out of the spotlight to plan his next move. I have always been far more impressed with his tactics than raw power.

I do see your point but his vast intelligence is his overwhelming power, every possible power or comic ability he has gain because of his smarts and that wont change; but if he is SMART enough to gain the ability to kill a watcher why isnt he SMART enough to do whatever he wants.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@barnabae70: He's already conquered the Earth. Having him re-conquer the Earth would be boring. Having him go Galactic might be cool though.

barnabae70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By barnabae70

@Moonchilde said:

@barnabae70: He's already conquered the Earth. Having him re-conquer the Earth would be boring. Having him go Galactic might be cool though.

yeah sorry didnt see u had the alterate future thing in there bu yeah i can see doom ruling the galaxy, but the only main/major species left to rule nd revamp are the skrulls.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@barnabae70: Read "Emporer Doom". Still a cannon story, and not an alternate future-timeline, but the main timeline. He conquers Earth in that story, then actually changes it for the better. Then he decides rulling the Earth is boring and allows the Avengers to "beat" him.