why is Batman vs Galactus not a simple matter?

• 125 results
Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

It actually is pretty simple though. (+)

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

, Rocket Racoon isn't a genius

Rocket is indeed a genius.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Depends on the definition of genius.

I'd consider someone being capable of creating a device that could drain cosmic power and defeat Galactus as a true genius, such as Doctor Doom. Thanos works too.

I don't recall any exceptional/outstanding feats for RR. If you know of any, could you inform me?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Well @tparks can tell you more, considering he's more the Guardians expert than I. But then if that's what you consider a genius, then ok as I don't recall Rocket having designed something as such. But Tparks knows more, so best to ask him about it.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@mysticmedivh: Well @tparks can tell you more, considering he's more the Guardians expert than I. But then if that's what you consider a genius, then ok as I don't recall Rocket having designed something as such. But Tparks knows more, so best to ask him about it.

RR is most certainly a proven Genius. When it comes to both strategy and tech, there really isn't anyone who exceeds him in the Marvel Universe at this point. There are characters that are more intelligent in other areas like physics, math, and subjects like this, but generally when it comes to tech and battle smarts, no one is better then Rocket. There are quite a few feats in wolfrazer's respect thread for him. Check there first. There have been quite a bit more that I've been slow to add from recent issues, and a few nice ones from the novel that came out not long ago too. If you're looking for anything in particular, I can help you out.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Keep in mind RR is surrounded by tech that is far more advanced than anything they have on Earth. It's kind of like comparing Sir Issac Newton to Steven Hawking. I am not saying RR ISN'T a genius. I am just pointing that out.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To get some in-universe perspective on just how clever Rocket is... It was stated in Nova #4 that Knowhere would slip in to the rift within next 10 years... And when the whole place was pretty much run & created by an intergalactic scientific community studying the dead celestial's head and the Rift... Rocket fixed this problem of inevitable slip in about 15 minutes by making it mobile again in GOTG V.2 #22.

Sure, he might not be THE smartest or most intelligent in marvel universe but his pretty close to the top IMO.

As to why Glactus Vs. Batman isn't a done deal... Some writers are just hacks who don't give a S**t about the internal logic of comics.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally anybody with prep can beat Galactus.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It is a simple matter because Galactus wtfstomps.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By mysticmedivh

@frisky4 said:

Even Timmy from South Park?

No Caption Provided

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4 said:

Even Timmy from South Park?

No Caption Provided

Yes.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a minute, so people really think galactus can beat batman? Lol

Batman has one shot spectre. He could do the same to galactard.

new_NUJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, in reference to some Batman vs Galactus mismatch thread. Let's see how the discussion continues.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would beat Galactus with prep.

Speedster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you must suck at fishing because you use terrible bait

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This batgod stuff is getting old really quickly.

You're mom is getting really old really quickly.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's put this simple.

Straight up fight, Batman or Reed Richards fighting Galactus will result in Galactus stomping.

Relax rules a little... Reed Richards or Batman could find a way to beat Galactus.

Its that simple. Batman haters on this forum should stop pretending that Reed Richards is so much more superior to Batman. In terms of a prep battle, Batman CAN pose trouble to Reed Richards.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By kyrees

@tsciallsolle3451 said:

Let's put this simple.

Straight up fight, Batman or Reed Richards fighting Galactus will result in Galactus stomping.

Relax rules a little... Reed Richards or Batman could find a way to beat Galactus.

Its that simple. Batman haters on this forum should stop pretending that Reed Richards is so much more superior to Batman. In terms of a prep battle, Batman CAN pose trouble to Reed Richards.

you're hooking me more easily nowadays

let's put this more simple. reed's track record is far better than batman in inventing. no point in relaxing the rules when people like you would jump on that small opportunity to elevate him. it's also irrelevant to say the "plot helps everyone" when said plot hasn't shown anything to put batman on that level you would like to think of him.

what's more simple is batman fanatics like you should stop insinuating that batman is that of a god when it comes to inventing stuff when the best he has created on his own is the insider suit while reed has made a gun that can kill a celestial. again the plot showed it accordingly so it's a moot reason to say that. as for batman hater, don't even go that way again, you are only projecting your own illusion of what the forum looks like, not what actually the forum is.

TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
@tsciallsolle3451 said:

Let's put this simple.

you're hooking me more easily nowadays

let's put this more simple. reed's track record is far better than batman in inventing. no point in relaxing the rules when people like you would jump on that small opportunity to elevate him. it's also irrelevant to say the "plot helps everyone" when said plot hasn't shown anything to put batman on that level you would like to think of him.

what's more simple is batman fanatics like you should stop insinuating that batman is that of a god when it comes to inventing stuff when the best he has created on his own is the insider suit while reed has made a gun that can kill a celestial. again the plot showed it accordingly so it's a moot reason to say that. as for batman hater, don't even go that way again, you are only projecting your own illusion of what the forum looks like, not what actually the forum is.

You might be digressing a little here. Granted I might have digressed first myself by the claim about Reed Richard's superiority over Batman etc etc, but still, let's not go off the rails here.

What I am trying to point out is that a human beating Galactus is not a big deal given specific circumstances.

Let's see. What does Reed Richards need to do to beat Galactus?

• Locate the Ultimate Nullifier with guidance from superior beings.
  • Retrieve the Ultimate Nullifier with help from superior beings.
  • Hold the Ultimate Nullifier and threaten Galactus with it.

Can Batman do the same? Yes!

This was exactly what I am trying to point out, about Batman haters' biasedness. Of course I know Reed Richards has better feats, but that's irrelevant given the circumstances of fighting a cosmic being with your own wits.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman doesn't need the ultimate nullifier to beat galactus.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You might be digressing a little here. Granted I might have digressed first myself by the claim about Reed Richard's superiority over Batman etc etc, but still, let's not go off the rails here.

What I am trying to point out is that a human beating Galactus is not a big deal given specific circumstances.

This was exactly what I am trying to point out, about Batman haters' biasedness. Of course I know Reed Richards has better feats, but that's irrelevant given the circumstances of fighting a cosmic being with your own wits.

the abraxas arc points out that galactus is more than capable of taking away the UN from anyone since it's a part of his body so the one time deal that f4 threatened to use the UN on galactus is moot.

also if that was your point then you need to point out accordingly and not act high and mighty on the argument that reed richards and batman are equal on prep. one actually tangles with cosmic being far better than the other one and it's not the guy that got send back in time with an omega beam in all or nothing challenge

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way Batman could win this fight is if he had the Miracle Machine.

TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:
@tsciallsolle3451 said:

the abraxas arc points out that galactus is more than capable of taking away the UN from anyone since it's a part of his body so the one time deal that f4 threatened to use the UN on galactus is moot.

also if that was your point then you need to point out accordingly and not act high and mighty on the argument that reed richards and batman are equal on prep. one actually tangles with cosmic being far better than the other one and it's not the guy that got send back in time with an omega beam in all or nothing challenge

The times where Reed Richards tangles with cosmic beings are based on circumstances that Batman with sufficient prep can replicate. Never said Reed Richards and Batman are equal on prep, but whatever Reed preps for against cosmic beings are way out of his league, and the victorious times are when Reed was extremely lucky or with assistance, so if Batman gets the same circumstances albeit with a bit more help, he can do the same.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By kyrees

@tsciallsolle3451 said:

The times where Reed Richards tangles with cosmic beings are based on circumstances that Batman with sufficient prep can replicate. Never said Reed Richards and Batman are equal on prep, but whatever Reed preps for against cosmic beings are way out of his league, and the victorious times are when Reed was extremely lucky or with assistance, so if Batman gets the same circumstances albeit with a bit more help, he can do the same.

those times are non existent given reed's inventions are significantly higher than batman's. who makes an invention that can disrupt a cosmic cube, kill a celestial or finally kill galactus ? reed all alone with his prep. what has batman done on his own ? the justice buster and the insider suit, the former built on years of experience against the justice league and proved partially effective against the jokerized justice league and the latter producing a limited imitation of the league's power and has a hard time against metahumans because of its charging times. hardly comparable at all.

heck, even his alternate version is far more terrifying than owlman who merely deduced a fault in a universe and plant a reality bomb there to destroy two universes whereas ultimate richards has created a cosmic cube.