why is Batman vs Galactus not a simple matter?

• 125 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mysticmedivh: do you think there's any human who can match reed in prep?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Doctor Doom, Kang the Conqueror. John Constantine is also pretty damn good in his own unique way.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey sand spider, do you think Batman has a chance against Galactus? Any?

No Caption Provided

ThanosRulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

look batwankers I am about to infuse you with some knowlege. so listen up kiddies. batman is just a rich guy in a bat suit. he aint got nothin on reed who is a legit genius. reed knew big G was comin so he built to nullifier. i dont think batman is smart enough to build it or use it. you have to be a genius to use it. batman could buy it i guess but he aint smart enough to use tho. batman aint got the pis no more galactus is to smart for him.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Reed can beat Galactus by finding up the Ultimate Nullifier, I don't see why Batman can't do the same.

No Caption Provided

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

look batwankers I am about to infuse you with some knowlege. so listen up kiddies. batman is just a rich guy in a bat suit. he aint got nothin on reed who is a legit genius. reed knew big G was comin so he built to nullifier. i dont think batman is smart enough to build it or use it. you have to be a genius to use it. batman could buy it i guess but he aint smart enough to use tho. batman aint got the pis no more galactus is to smart for him.

Reed did not build the nullifier. I thought I'd make that point gently. If I was a fan who actually cared about Batman's "prep" abilities compared to Reed's, I would have been less gentle.

ThanosRulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosrulz said:

Reed did not build the nullifier. I thought I'd make that point gently. If I was a fan who actually cared about Batman's "prep" abilities compared to Reed's, I would have been less gentle.

i thougt he did. i know he did build one in a later issue tho. even still reed is a legit genius and could understand how it worked so he could use. batman dont understand how it work. he just a rich guy with a bunch of money to buy training.

ThanosRulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

dr. doom, thanos, black panther, rocket raccoon....all legit geniuses

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Human.

Black Panther is inferior to Reed, Thanos isn't a human, Rocket Racoon isn't a genius nor is he a human.

Doom is the only valid answer you gave.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus vs Batman ends in sex every time.

ThanosRulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosrulz said:

@jayc1324 said:

Human.

Black Panther is inferior to Reed, Thanos isn't a human, Rocket Racoon isn't a genius nor is he a human.

ok. i get you. fair enough. but you were saying john contantine. the guy doesnt know anything about science. he isnt a genius. he just a con man. black panther knows the science.

ThanosRulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosrulz: Naw. Reed never built it.

but do u agree he had to know how it worked to use it? cause u have to be a genius to use the nullifier?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

@thanosrulz said:

@jayc1324 said:

Human.

ok. i get you. fair enough. but you were saying john contantine. the guy doesnt know anything about science. he isnt a genius. he just a con man. black panther knows the science.

John Constantine doesn't compare to Reed in terms of science and tech, however, he is renowned for being a prep master, and where he lacks in science and tech he gains in magic.

@mysticmedivh said:

but do u agree he had to know how it worked to use it? cause u have to be a genius to use the nullifier?

Yes, I agree that Reed has the capability to use the Ultimate Nullifier.

ThanosRulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry to keep askin you all these questions, but

1. is John Constantine's magic and prep better than Doom?

2. you are saying you have to be a genius to use the nullifier?

@thanosrulz said:

@mysticmedivh said:

@thanosrulz said:

@jayc1324 said:

Human.

John Constantine doesn't compare to Reed in terms of science and tech, however, he is renowned for being a prep master, and where he lacks in science and tech he gains in magic.

@thanosrulz said:

@mysticmedivh said:

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry to keep askin you all these questions, but

1. is John Constantine's magic and prep better than Doom?

2. you are saying you have to be a genius to use the nullifier?

@mysticmedivh said:

@thanosrulz said:

@mysticmedivh said:

@thanosrulz said:

@jayc1324 said:

Human.

@thanosrulz said:

@mysticmedivh said:

I admit that I am not an expert in regards to the Nullifier, so I cannot say whether it requires you to be a genius or not (I don't remember it being said that you have to be a genius in order to use the Nullifier is what I mean, though if you have a scan or something that would be geat). However, Reed himself is a super genius nonetheless.

I would say that in a prep battle Doom would defeat John Constantine, in terms of pure magic, I'd lean towards Constantine.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@thanosrulz said:
@jayc1324 said:

Human.

He is smarter than Stark, as proven in the recent volumes of GotG. Although, to be fair, Stark isn't too smart either - his intelligence pales in front of people like Reed, Doom, Banner, Pym or Parker.

OP: You, to put it bluntly, seem to be a dumb@$$. Batman is nowhere near smart enough to defeat Galactus, and his strategic knowledge would do nothing to help him from being destroyed. Sorry batwankers.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman with prep solos.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By algorhythm511

Since the maturity of this thread has sunken to absolute zero, I will make a few things clear that everyone seems to be missing.

1. Has anyone read the FF issue when they take on Galactus?

Here is the chain of event:

The Watcher appears and tells the FF of the Ultimate Nullifier-->The Human Torch under the guidance of the Watcher retrieves the UN from Galactus's ship-->Johnny hands the UN to Reed-->Reed tells Galactus to back off otherwise he will activate it and destroy the Universe(?)-->Galactus leaves.

Now, does any of that require a genius level IQ to pull off? NOPE!

Could Batman follow instructions and get Galactus to back off with the UN? Yep. However, MOST heroes could pull of getting and using the UN with the Watchers instructions.

The FF retrieval and usage of the UN was not impressive at all.

ThanosRulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:
@thanosrulz said:
@jayc1324 said:

Human.

He is smarter than Stark, as proven in the recent volumes of GotG. Although, to be fair, Stark isn't too smart either - his intelligence pales in front of people like Reed, Doom, Banner, Pym or Parker.

OP: You, to put it bluntly, seem to be a dumb@$$. Batman is nowhere near smart enough to defeat Galactus, and his strategic knowledge would do nothing to help him from being destroyed. Sorry batwankers.

thank you for that infusing the vine with knowledge thats what its all about.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Goku solos !

What ? -_-

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus creams Bat if we go by their actual "stats" such as they are but like 99.9% of heroes Batman would have plot armour and thus finds a way to defy Galactus even when he shouldn't be able to do squat.

It's as simple as that. No big mystery.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Nullifier doesn't really require anything but to point it the right way apparently, since even Sam Alexander was able to use one and While Rocket Raccoon may not be genius in the way Reed is his still better at maths than Stark and genius in strategy according to Abnett & Lanning in interview.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Since the maturity of this thread has sunken to absolute zero, I will make a few things clear that everyone seems to be missing.

1. Has anyone read the FF issue when they take on Galactus?

Here is the chain of event:

The Watcher appears and tells the FF of the Ultimate Nullifier-->The Human Torch under the guidance of the Watcher retrieves the UN from Galactus's ship-->Johnny hands the UN to Reed-->Reed tells Galactus to back off otherwise he will activate it and destroy the Universe(?)-->Galactus leaves.

Now, does any of that require a genius level IQ to pull off? NOPE!

Could Batman follow instructions and get Galactus to back off with the UN? Yep. However, MOST heroes could pull of getting and using the UN with the Watchers instructions.

The FF retrieval and usage of the UN was not impressive at all.

I have not read the whole issue. The Nullifier was mentioned on Galactus' page in the FF4 ultimate guide which I borrowed from the library a long time ago

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus is still vastly out of league of what batman could do with five decades of prep. Get over it.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think op meant to create "Bruce's intelligence vs reed's"

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjawarrior268: As everyone here has already mentioned....the only reason Marvel Earth still exist today is do to Uatu the Watcher who decided to help Earth by telling/helping the FF find the Ultimate Nullifier, which they then used to threaten Galactus. so if Uatu help Batman...then yes, if not...then no, Batman gets owned.

vptwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: agreed, just shoot batman in the mouth with an explosive around and end it.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO galactus shouldn't really be defeated via any prep means

countless alien civilizations far more advanced than earth have failed yet earth survives sometimes thanks to just one smart individual

Avatar image for rastafirianjudge97
RastafirianJudge97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only WenjunChew was still here to see this thread

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway said:

Hey sand spider, do you think Batman has a chance against Galactus? Any?

No Caption Provided

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh wow another thread that has Galactus not thinking just being a target dummy.

1 dimensional being with no ability to think. wow boring.

Houghate58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jojjimbo said:

@ninjawarrior268: As everyone here has already mentioned....the only reason Marvel Earth still exist today is do to Uatu the Watcher who decided to help Earth by telling/helping the FF find the Ultimate Nullifier, which they then used to threaten Galactus. so if Uatu help Batman...then yes, if not...then no, Batman gets owned.

Yep.

Reed Richards doesn't fare better than Batman does in fighting Galactus.

I've noticed a lot of users here, due to their Batman hate, tend to focus on the idea of "Batman vs Galactus" than on the very first fallacy that "Reed Richards vs Galactus" is just about as equally flawed.

Give it up . Batman haters.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@mysticmedivh: science and technology are not the only things to judge intelligence on.

Of course not. I admit that Batman surpasses Reed in terms of tactics/strategy, but in a prep battle, Reed's scientific mind outclasses the rest of Batman's intelligence by such a large margin that it dwarfs whatever advantages or qualities Batman may have.

Reed Richards of an alternate universe showed ability to threat life of the sh**t of the combined power of the most powerful abstracts including Living Tribunal, and he did it with his own intelligence, no outside help. When did Batman, or any other alternate version of him do something even close to this

Spoilers down :

I can't remember the issue, but it was the one when Galactus merged with Silver Surfer into a new being.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its because the UN doesn't exist in DC

syedwaqarfahad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By syedwaqarfahad

Batman gets his hand on the spear of destiny and wears a green lantern ring and uses a Mother Box. Then he uses the spear of destiny to kill galactus. End of the story. btw spear of destiny is something powerful enough to kill Spectre. Spectre>>>>>>>>>>>>Galactus
but then again with a mother box n spear of destiny pretty much anyone can beat Galactus.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#90  Edited By Black_Claw

Trollolololololol

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

@jayc1324: actually not everyone can use the UN, have you ever read a FF comic

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Galactus would utterly destroy Batman. Now, the real kicker is 'Storm vs Galactus'; that ain't no simple matter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: only those with extreme focus or concentration n such, otherwise you will be destroyed along with whatever you aim at

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is smarter than the Presence and the One Above All, so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to beat Galactus.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@mysticmedivh said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

@mysticmedivh said:

Yes, because there is an Ultimate Nullifier in the DC universe.

@digitalshooter9 said:

@noone301994 said:

Because Batman isn't as smart as Reed.

It's not like there is a big difference.. They are on the same tier..

They aren't.

Why so?

In a prep battle, he would outclass Batman in terms of science and technology. He can create better things.

Intelligence isn't only measured by science and technology..

Reed only outclasses Bruce in scientific prowess but gets outclassed in everything else..

In a prep battle, strategies, exploiting weaknesses and resourcefulness would trump science and technology alone..

Also half of Reed's science and technology feats are PIS fueled writer BS.. At some point the fanboys should acknowledge that. The ultimate nullifier for example.. It makes no sense that it scares away the likes of Galactus, who can blink Mr. fantastic out of existence before he can use the UN if he desired..

Some prep feats are obviously for the sake of plot. Take away the plot based prep feats and it's debatable if Reed even outclasses Batman in scientific prowess.

Batman's prep feats usually make sense... For instance when he preps against Aquaman, he comes up with a material that dehydrates him, he doesn't just come up with this device that can annhilate the universe with no rhyme or reason.

You see where I am getting at? There is no place for PIS in battle forms, but people have no hesitation using BS like the UN in debates with Reed and sky father level beings...

Batman is pure PIS... so ... 9=8

(+)

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Ultimate Nullifier exists in the MU. Batman would never find it.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: I read every issue from 1961 to 2006 lol