#1 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

http://hqrock.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/spider-man-the-lizard-by-todd-mcfarlane-standart.jpg

This is how the Lizard should look, not like some cheap reptilian alien in a Syfy channel movie.

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Electro look even worse?

#3 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess they TRIED to make him look more realistic.

#4 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Electro look even worse?

Seriously. How can you Electro without his hat?

#5 Edited by silent_bomber (2184 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spider-Man Lizard design is closer to the original upright standing character IMO, they just made him look more like a realistic reptile and lost the clothes.

#6 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: Because they have a brain? Seriously, AS A KID I thought Electro looked retarded.

#7 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: Because they have a brain? Seriously, AS A KID I thought Electro looked retarded.

Don't insult that hat man. Don't even go there.

#8 Posted by silent_bomber (2184 posts) - - Show Bio

Though answering the question at hand.

I think a lot of the changes to the Spider-Man films are probably to make them more family friendly, they may well have felt that a realistic version of Todd Mcfarlane's Lizard would scare the crap out of young children.

#9 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6262 posts) - - Show Bio

This

#10 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by JetiiMitra (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

He just needed a snout or whatever you call it. A longer jaw. Other than the face/head I thought it looked good. Well, he needed a lab coat. But yeah.

#12 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they wanted the Lizard to be able to emote, and he couldn't really do that with a snout, so they got rid of it.

At first I thought it was going to be a terrible design, but then I watched the movie and actually liked it.

@jointron33 said:

@silent_bomber: ditko version looks dumb.

What?

Jointron has "Muststateopinionasfactitis", it's in it's terminal phase Vance. There's nothing you can do to save him.

#15 Edited by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: seriously it looks like a cheesy syfy monster. Mcfarlane lizard is way cooler and scarier. On top of that, lizard didn't talk THAT much and his character basically was just a big strong monster. They shud hav just done that angle completely, or maybe have Connors keep using the serum on himself, until completely devolving into a lizard beast resembling mcfarlanes version

#16 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13612 posts) - - Show Bio

iprefer asm. Macfarlane's lizard looks stupid to me. like someone punched him in the face one too many times.

#17 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

#18 Posted by russellmania77 (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

You all would be wanking it if it was tobey fighting him

#19 Posted by JediXMan (31261 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

Can I insult the lightning bolt pants / boots combo? Because I really want to insult the lightning bolt boots / pants combo...

#20 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@decoyelite said:

@jointron33 said:

Can I insult the lightning bolt pants / boots combo? Because I really want to insult the lightning bolt boots / pants combo...

It made sense in the old days. A lot of things did.

#21 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8812 posts) - - Show Bio

You all would be wanking it if it was tobey fighting him

This is awesome.

#23 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: so did smoking

Won't lie if smoking required ridiculous costumes I would totally work for Big Tobacco.

#24 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

Won't lie if smoking required ridiculous costumes I would totally work for Big Tobacco.

And in ye olden days, Radiation didn't give you cancer and a one way ticket to a slow painful death, it almost always meant fantastical superpowers.

#25 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

@jointron33 said:

And in ye olden days, Radiation didn't give you cancer and a one way ticket to a slow painful death, it almost always meant fantastical superpowers.

Exactly.

#26 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: Same deal with chemicals and electricity.

Hell if reality worked like that I'm pretty sure the majority of the planet would have superpowers by now.

#27 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: Cue parents ruining the lives of their children with meaningful names.

#29 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: "Listen I really don't know how to tell you this David Urinary track infection..."

#30 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: Can't be as bad as Ebony Darkness Dimentia Raven Way.

#31 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Well that's a name that can effect a child's destiny right now. It just screams "stripper".

#32 Posted by sinestro_GL (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

Firstly, it is often difficult to translate designs straight from comics, and even if they do that, the characters can look ridiculous.

#33 Edited by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: which is what the design they went with is: ridiculous

#34 Edited by sinestro_GL (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: To be fair, it is semi-difficult to make a giant lizard not look ridiculous

#35 Edited by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl: Jurassic park says differently

Really dude? Since when is a dinosaur (something which actually existed) a man/lizard mutant with Superpowers?

The Lizard looked fine in my opinion.

#37 Posted by ccraft (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

it might have looked weird if he had a snout

#38 Edited by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: the 90s lizard onward has looked like a giant lizard, not a man with scales like in the movie

#39 Posted by Deadgod (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have kept the Todd Mcfarlane's version of Lizard in movie then it would have looked better

#40 Posted by DareHulk (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard's design in TASM was stupid, the movie overall was very good though.

#41 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@darehulk: Seriously, he was like "Rawrr me am Lizard, say hiss!"