• 53 results
antimutant001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By antimutant001

I stopped being a American comicbook fan because of biased nature within (example:reviews,ratings)comics.I had not been a fan of American comics six or seven years ago.Every time I become a fan,there always some review or a person telling me the comic or character I like sucks.Comicbook reviews and ratings are essentially biased.It's the biggest turn off of medium since dragon ball z.At least I have anime and 2000 A.D.

TheDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Good on ya, I suppose. No matter where you go there will always be biases within fanbases and review sites. That is just my two cents.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

So.....You don't like comics because reviews make you upset. Wow, than how can you like anime I'm sure there are reviews that say the ones you like suck. To boot you don't even need to read reviews. If you like it thats all that matters.

antimutant001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By antimutant001

@infamous_wolf: @thedude_: In anime at least your fan base backs you up.In comics I rarly saw this happen.Each fan base in anime has each own group.I'm death note, and Bleach.Bastard fanbase.I personally hate fandoms.They are just horrible people.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, than how can you like anime I'm sure there are reviews that say the ones you like suck.

That's mean, if he follows up on the clue you gave him, he won't have anything left to watch. Heartless monster!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

it's a shame you're so sensitive to others opinions that it effects what you enjoy

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

#Comic Book Gate!!!

Then the media will be back at telling we are fat people who lives on their mother basements and cry when some one points them wrong.

No Caption Provided

#Gate Gate!!!!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#CuzyuraNazi

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan
No Caption Provided

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't blame you, America is WAY behind the rest of the world when it comes to comics. It's the Comics Code Authority's fault!

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In anime at least your fan base backs you up.In comics I rarly saw this happen.Each fan base in anime has each own group.I'm death note, and Bleach.Bastard fanbase.I personally hate fandoms.They are just horrible people.

so you want people to decide for you, not you decide for yourself. you don't have a backbone then because you are easily influenced by anyone.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot more sensitive people walking around in the world today. Now I understand the point of all those super bowl commercials

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Everyone is open to their own thoughts and feelings on a subject. For example my favorite character is Agent Venom, do you know how many people have told me he's terrible compared to Eddie Brock? It doesn't stop me from liking him though.

Point being: like what you like because YOU like it. Not because it's popular or has a vocal fanbase. Can't live your life based around others.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Transformers1024

So you left because people have other opinions than you do....? How have you even made it this far in life?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Why do you even care about those things? Their irrelevant to the work. Like what you like and that's it, end of story.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17 god_spawn  Moderator

@granitesoldier: My top 3 favorite characters are Cyclops, Emma Frost, and Wolverine. You might get flack for Agent Venom, but how do much do you think I get :p ?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Cyclops...I can see that being painful for many years. Recently I've seen a surge in his popularity though.

Do people hate Emma? I really don't ever see much about her. My wife tends to like her outfits though lol.

Logan is one of the most popular characters around!

At least none of yours get called lame wannabes :p

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19 god_spawn  Moderator

@granitesoldier:

Cyclops...I can see that being painful for many years. Recently I've seen a surge in his popularity though.

Because he was anti-Avengers, and people were being hipsters.

Jean Grey and a lot of the obsessed Storm fans hate Emma, and some just don't like her b*tchiness.

And with popularity comes hate :P.

If anything, my choices are...controversial to say the least.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Well you have my support! Haters gonna drink their haterade!

In all reality though I think of characters the same way I do music: there are no, or very few, bad characters...just characters that you don't connect with.

antimutant001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By antimutant001

@parachomp: @mrtummytumms: @granitesoldier: @transformers1024: People are like raccoons with rabies.They are extremely obnoxious.Lots of people hate bleach.At least there is a group that will stop the storm of stupidity.In american comics people will heavily attack you for a unpopular opinions.American Comics aren't behind of the rest of the world.I read the silver age, and it was pretty good.Huge majority influences the minority.Keep this in mind american comicbook fanbase is small.The American comicbook medium has problems within.In anime there people will come and defend your opinions.I'm fan of Devil Is a Part Timer.It received a c+ score by Imdb.In the anime,people have a way of countering biased reviews.In American comicbook community,people in American comic fanbase don't think for yourselves.They are HUGE percent of people hate what you like.You get tired of defending them.American comicbook fanbase is mostly batman fans about 60%.American comicbook fanbase is judgemental,hypocritical and disrespectful.In honesty anime fan are exactly like that,but there are other anime fans who counter them.

antimutant001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By antimutant001

@allstarsuperman: Explain how I'm a nazi.My grandfather and great grandfather fought in World War 2.You are utterly disgusting.This proves my point.

TG_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate anime and manga. theres just something about the translation to english that doesnt click for me. the names, personalities, and situations are all stupid

antimutant001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

People are like raccoons with rabies.They are extremely obnoxious.Lots of people hate bleach.At least there is a group that will stop the storm of stupidity.In american comics people will heavily attack you for a unpopular opinions.American Comics aren't behind of the rest of the world.I read the silver age, and it was pretty good.Huge majority influences the minority.Keep this in mind american comicbook fanbase is small.The American comicbook medium has problems within.In anime there people will come and defend your opinions.I'm fan of Devil Is a Part Timer.It received a c+ score by Imdb.In the anime,people have a way of countering biased reviews.In American comicbook community,people in American comic fanbase don't think for yourselves.They are HUGE percent of people hate what you like.You get tired of defending them.American comicbook fanbase is mostly batman fans about 60%.American comicbook fanbase is judgemental,hypocritical and disrespectful.In honesty anime fan are exactly like that,but there are other anime fans who counter them.

you don't like American comics because when a bunch of people disagree with you no one co-signs your opinion? is that this is about, because that is a weak excuse I personally like Marvel Events guess how many people would bash my opinion or disagree with me, guess what Bleach sucks!!! actually it doesn't, I like the anime but still!!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you left because people have other opinions than you do....? How have you even made it this far in life?

@dernman said:

Why do you even care about those things? Their irrelevant to the work. Like what you like and that's it, end of story.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antimutant001: I think plenty of people do think for themselves. For example: I don't like Superman, at all. My favorite character (Agent Venom, like I said) many consider a knock off. I have friends who tell me Hulk sucks because he's 'one dimensional'. Carol Danvers is 'lame'. Rocket Raccoon is the 'dumbest character idea ever'. Hal Jordan is a 'Mary sue'. Need I go on? Thing are all things I've been told about my favorite characters...yet I still read them.

In my experience anime fans are more rabid to tell you exactly why X anime/manga has a great, in depth story and isn't just about swordsmen killing each other or giant robots fighting or an excuse to have large chested women in little to no clothing. And that's fine, but personally I don't feel the need to justify what I like to anyone. It's my taste, it's my money, and I'm going to like what appeals to me. Regardless of what others think.

I wish you the same.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By TheDandyMan

In the words of some not very well known American pop start, "shake it off".

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

@antimutant001: Always going to find there are bias everywhere. So just like the characters and books you like what difference does it make to you if they get bad reviews? as long as you like them is all that matters.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so you stopped enjoying a whole medium because some people didn't like what you did? seems reasonable

antimutant001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By antimutant001

@granitesoldier: @danhimself: That's not it.I stopped for American Comics.People think that there opinions are facts that is the problem.They view there opinion is right yours is wrong.Arguing with them is useless.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ParaChomp
No Caption Provided

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hmmmmm, I detect a troll. I don't really understand your point, but to each his own. You're bound to find obnoxious people in all mediums as well as nice people. Besides, from what I have seen, only those that aren't actual comic book fans regard their opinions as facts. Real comic book fans tend to be generally polite and willing to have a debate while respecting each other. As for book reviews, of course there is bias like everywhere else but i have not seen much that is overwhelmingly so.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Blade_R

Who cares man, like what you like, don't let other people's negative opinions dictate what you do or don't like.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antimutant001: Seems like that's what your doing now.

Don't bother with a response, I'm done with the thread.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I become a fan,there always some review or a person telling me the comic or character I like sucks.

You know that's apparent for everything right. Like I can find, you thousands of reviews that says an anime sucks. Hell, I could review a few hundred anime myself and tell you they sucks, whether you like it of not.

antimutant001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antimutant001: I think plenty of people do think for themselves. For example: I don't like Superman, at all. My favorite character (Agent Venom, like I said) many consider a knock off. I have friends who tell me Hulk sucks because he's 'one dimensional'. Carol Danvers is 'lame'. Rocket Raccoon is the 'dumbest character idea ever'. Hal Jordan is a 'Mary sue'. Need I go on? Thing are all things I've been told about my favorite characters...yet I still read them.

In my experience anime fans are more rabid to tell you exactly why X anime/manga has a great, in depth story and isn't just about swordsmen killing each other or giant robots fighting or an excuse to have large chested women in little to no clothing. And that's fine, but personally I don't feel the need to justify what I like to anyone. It's my taste, it's my money, and I'm going to like what appeals to me. Regardless of what others think.

I wish you the same.

Carol is lame tho :P

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@antimutant001: I'm not saying troll to antagonize you. I just feel that your point is a little too out there. I come in peace.

antimutant001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You left because other people have opinions which differ from yours.

So how in the name of hell do you deal with anime?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antimutant001: Told me what? @thatguywithheadphones is one of my boys...we always give each other a hard time.

And I've said a dozen times that I don't read titles to be popular or seek others approval.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antimutant001: so what does other people's opinions have to do with you reading and enjoying american comics....who cares if someone says that they don't like something that you do? There are always going to be people like that with everything in your life. I don't understand why you would stop doing something that you enjoy because of some comments on the internet....I'm sorry but that's freaking ridiculous

Ondskapt666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ondskapt666

@antimutant001 said:

I stopped being a American comicbook fan because of biased nature within (example:reviews,ratings)comics.I had not been a fan of American comics six or seven years ago.Every time I become a fan,there always some review or a person telling me the comic or character I like sucks.Comicbook reviews and ratings are essentially biased.It's the biggest turn off of medium since dragon ball z.At least I have anime and 2000 A.D.

So now you will be missing out on your favorite characters / series because some idiots said they sucked.... I'm a huge DC fan but when Marvel fanboys say DC sucks, it doesn't stop be from buying DC comics lol

@antimutant001 said:

@infamous_wolf: @thedude_: In anime at least your fan base backs you up.In comics I rarly saw this happen.Each fan base in anime has each own group.I'm death note, and Bleach.Bastard fanbase.I personally hate fandoms.They are just horrible people.

You are doing the same things those people were doing to you lol Are you not biased too? It's like this with everything. Do what you enjoy and forget the rest.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so you stopped enjoying a whole medium because some people didn't like what you did? seems reasonable

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I get the annoyance, but not the reaction to American comics as a whole. Maybe you need to not partake in conversations online with people who don't share your views if this is a common response on your end? It might lead to other misguided choices on important issues.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7