Why I HATE DC COMICS? Part 1

• 64 results
DarkAgeKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Dc has great writers, and great characters. The problem idiots run the company.Make its the worst publisher.

1. Giving Good Writers only to Batman.Not giving them to explore there universe.

2. Not giving Superman the right writers.How come in alternate realities his stories aren't a mess.There are good comics there, but also crappy comics.

3.Dc is NOT organized.

4.New 52 superman comics quality of the art is crap.

images 1, 2, 3 are great.

the last image is sloppy

The new 52 superman costume is sometimes drawn badly.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What I don't like is how if you're not Batman or somehow have something to do with Batman, than forget you.

DarkAgeKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DarkAgeKiller
Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I think that hate is a little strong for the reasons stated.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crash_Recovery

1. Giving Good Writers only to Batman.Not giving them to explore there universe. - "Their". Also, not true. You should expand your horizions a bit. Half of the Batman books have good writers, half don't, and there are many quality DC Books.

2. Not giving Superman the right writers.How come in alternate realities his stories aren't a mess.There are good comics there, but also crappy comics. - Superman's had many great writers and many bad writers.

3.Dc is NOT organized. - Elaborate, how so?

4.New 52 superman comics quality of the art is crap. - Hit and miss.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

1. Giving Good Writers only to Batman.Not giving them to explore there universe.

Batwoman has good writers, and Justice League Dark has been pretty good too. Neither of them are Batman.

DarkAgeKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: Failures: superman new 52 comics,Red Hood and the Outlaws, Flash,Teen Titian's,etc...

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@darkagekiller: How do you mean failures? None of them are bad sellers, so a good few people must like the writing.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Saren

Either you started out with pretty lousy reasons, or one of us does not know the degree of severity of dislike that "hate" implies.

I mean, really, this would make more sense as "Why DC Comics annoys me"; "WHY I HATE DC COMICS" suggests Didio ran over your puppy and then made an in-joke about it in Phantom Stranger.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By cloudzackvincent

Either you started out with pretty lousy reasons, or one of us does not know the degree of severity of dislike that "hate" implies.

I mean, really, this would make more sense as "Why DC Comics annoys me"; "WHY I HATE DC COMICS" suggests Didio ran over your puppy and then made an in-joke about it in Phantom Stranger.

this made me lol

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

ur mad

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fail threads like this should be deleted instead of locked.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

1. That's not true. There are many talented writers on other titles.

2. I can see your point there but Superman is hard to write. Its not all DC's fault.

3. They are organized. If you look at a shelf of monthly DC comics almsot all of them are the same issue number. They even have categories for their books which are edge, young justice, justice league, batman, green lantern, superman, and dark.

4. I'm not sure about this one so i can't say.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

You mean there are more parts to this thread?

Woo. My excitement cannot be contained.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@the_tree said:

You mean there are more parts to this thread?

Woo. My excitement cannot be contained.

lol.

Charetter115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dc has great writers, and great characters. The problem idiots run the company.Make its the worst publisher.

2. Not giving Superman the right writers.How come in alternate realities his stories aren't a mess.There are good comics there, but also crappy comics.

3.Dc is NOT organized.

images 1, 2, 3 are great.

the last image is sloppy

The new 52 superman costume is sometimes drawn badly.

1. Geoff Johns is great and barely wrote batman.
2. Superman has had many great stories. Your statement only really applies to the New 52.
3. What does that even mean!?
4. The only bad picture was concept art! that is not supposed to be amazing!

DarkAgeKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charetter115: Dc is not organized because the editor is a idiot.

There are lots of bad images, I picked and used as a example.Stop being a fanboy.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

There are lots of bad images, I picked and used as a example.Stop being a fanboy.

How is that being a fanboy??

I agree with this guy and I don't even like Superman that much.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I've always felt like DC is it's own worst enemy. It's a shame they don't know how t handle Wonder Woman or Superman, and all they seem to do is make mediocre content for the two of them which only hurts the characters while ignoring they're truly great characters, because they think that it's impossible to make a new character main stream for some reason.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#21  Edited By Extremis

Now I don't read WW or Superman but all I hear are great reviews for WW and Scott Snyder is going to pair up with Jim Lee for Superman taking over in issue 22 I believe. That's far from neglecting Supes IMO. Not to mention Man of Steel coming out will invigorate new interest from new fans. I will say, though, that DC needs to get it together from a cinematic standpoint. How they haven't come up with a Flash or WW movie yet baffles me. Either of those done right could KiLL at the Box office.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@darkagekiller said:

Jeff Lemire is one of the best writers in modern comics and as far as I know he's never written a Batman story.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Giving Good Writers only to Batman.Not giving them to explore there universe. - "Their". Also, not true. You should expand your horizions a bit. Half of the Batman books have good writers, half don't, and there are many quality DC Books.

2. Not giving Superman the right writers.How come in alternate realities his stories aren't a mess.There are good comics there, but also crappy comics. - Superman's had many great writers and many bad writers.

3.Dc is NOT organized. - Elaborate, how so?

4.New 52 superman comics quality of the art is crap. - Hit and miss.

Pretty much this.

There are plenty of great DC books that aren't related to Batman in any way, Superman is prone to bad writing just like any other character in comics, DC does have some continuity problems but what comic company doesn't?, that art argument is your own opinion. Some people like the art, some people don't. Has nothing to do with DC (unless it's unreleasable in which case it would be fair to blame DC for hiring said artist, but it's not so that point is invalid)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I do agree to this some. Batman is treated like royalty.

2. Hello? Grant Morrison? Action comics 1-18!!!!!" It was great!!!!! And issue 19 was da bomb! Superman 1-6 was ehh, very ehh. But 7-8 was great. 9-12 was okay. But since O# issue its been great.

3. Heck of a lot more organized than marvel. Crossover wise.

4. BullCrap! Rags morals was good. And tony daniel is amazing. And hello! Kenneth Rocafort! One of my top 3 artists!

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grant Morrison wrote Superman (Action Comics), that's not Batman. Geoff Johns writes Aquaman, two Justice League books (Batman's in one, I'll give you that) and is ending an amazing run on Green Lantern. (Aquaman and Green Lantern are not Batman) Both of them are great writers. Justin Jordan is a great writer, not Batman. Jeff Lemire, great writer, no Batman. First four that popped in my head, sure the Batman writers are great. (Really great!) They aren't the only great writers, though.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

I think Marvel is a lot more unorganized than DC.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

I just wanted to say... I loved the thread title, Why I hate DC .. Part 1, dont know why but it tickled me

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Why is the editor an idiot/ You aren't proving your point. Every company has their bad art. It happens and it doesn't mean they suck. How is defending DC being a fanboy?

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Let us know when Part 2 is up! I cant wait.

Charetter115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Charetter115

@darkagekiller: It's ironic how you tell me to stop being a fanboy while you made a thread specifically to diss DC. Seems like you are being more of a marvel fanboy than I am a Dc fanboy.

Oh, and congrats on the troll thread.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By JamesKM716

3.Dc is NOT organized.

1. So Geoff Johns, Justin Jordon, Jeff Lemire, Ray Fawkes, and Robert Venditii are all bad writers?

2. So Diggle and Lodbell are bad writers?

3. Eh, that's an entirely fair point.

4. Arguable. I think Tony Daniel is a good artist.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StrangeMan

Just stick with personal taste, because your sense of judgement isn't really your strong point.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if its the writers or what, but I personally don't see any other character in the DC universe getting the treatment Batman does. Maybe its the hype of the character, because whenever I hear something GREAT coming out of DC, it has to do with Batman. It can be a huge turn off for some people. Give other heroes some love as well. Its like they've forgotten about everyone else recently.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fail threads like this should be deleted instead of locked.

Didn't need to read any posts past this. Perfect

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. DC gives good writers to Batman because Batman sells better than most of other DC characters. I heard I, VAMPIRE and DEMON KNIGHTS are good titles but not selling well. On the other hand, most of Batman titles are selling well.

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@darkagekiller:

1. Yes DC did give some of the bat family books good writers, but they also let other people explore lesser known characters and expand on their role in the DCU at large. If you had told me when the New 52 was first announced that characters like Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Jonah Hex were going to be some of DC's strongest opening moves to attract new readers I would have called you crazy as all of them are bit complicated and not really new reader accessible and the fact that DC took the risk with them is great.

2. DC gave Supes to writers they thought could shape him in interesting ways for new readers and would be able to create stories that are new reader accessible Morrison in particular had just completely redefined Batman and it's no surprise they'd want him to do something similar with Superman. They took a risk and it didn't pay off, but the other risks they've made like with completely resetting the Earth 2 characters have payed off. You win some and lose some, that's how business works.

3. It's not that DC is unorganized, it's that certain editors are unorganized. The fact that the Bat-family books have a good flow in between them and that all of the JL-Dark books work well together is because of good editors. The fact that the Super-family books don't flow is because of poor editing. Marvel has the same problem. Certain family of books flow well together, certain ones don't. It all depends on who's overseeing that family of books and the amount of control they give creators.

4. Meh, nto really something to hate the entirety of DC comics over. Art is a hit-or-miss medium that is very personal to people. Choosing two books and deciding whether or not that speaks for the rest of the company at large is kind of dumb. I could be saying that Marvel sucks because Greg Land and JRJR are still allowed to work on major titles. If anything the latest issue of Action Comics showed that the Superman costume can be drawn well.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkagekiller: The Last image is a variant cover by an artist not on title, I don't see how this refelcts bad art. Superman has had great artists throughout the New 52, Rag Morales, Kenneth Rocafort, Nicola Scott, Tyler Kirkham, Jim Lee, Jae Lee & Nicola Scott & Jesus Merinno

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By reignmaker

I think that hate is a little strong for the reasons stated.

Yup. And what is this about them not being organized? Has the OP checked out Marvel's release schedule?

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm pretty certain one can do the same thing for Marvel. Too much Wolverine, too much Avengers. Not giving good writers to (insert title/character you feel is ignored...Namor? Fantastic Four? Captain America?, opinions of course, will vary.) Basically, I could say "I hate Marvel because I like some of their titles, but not all of them."

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dislike marvel more than i did because of the whole captain marvel thing! U dont think they just changed his name for nothing! It was marvels fault! Crap is what that was

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if its the writers or what, but I personally don't see any other character in the DC universe getting the treatment Batman does. Maybe its the hype of the character, because whenever I hear something GREAT coming out of DC, it has to do with Batman. It can be a huge turn off for some people. Give other heroes some love as well. Its like they've forgotten about everyone else recently.

Same thing with Marvel and the X-Men / Avengers (mostly the x-men though)
Marvel is just as guilty. Look at how many X-related titles there are and how many X-Men crossovers their were these last few years.

Cash Cows sell. Simple as that.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If hate DC because for them pathetic reasons, go join Marvel.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By novi_homines

@novi_homines said:

Marvel is just as guilty. Look at how many X-related titles there are and how many X-Men crossovers their were these last few years.

not even close to being similar. Last year marvel's prized character was Daredevil by mark waid, which won numerous awards. This year so far it looks to be hawkeye that will win awards and be critically acclaimed. Probably the two lesser known characters in the marvel universe. And i'm not concerned with sales or number of comics, but more so quality. That's what attracts readers. Which has for the most part been exclusive to batman. Which is the only reason I brought up his writers. So that they can do other DC characters. Because clearly, batman is well taken care of. lol. And the xmen isn't nearly as relevant to marvel readers as batman is to dc. Just look at the top comic book sales for marvel compared with dc, and it speaks for itself.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconpuuunch said:

@novi_homines said:

not even close to being similar. Last year marvel's prized character was Daredevil by mark waid, which won numerous awards. This year so far it looks to be hawkeye that will win awards and be critically acclaimed. Probably the two lesser known characters in the marvel universe. And i'm not concerned with sales or number of comics, but more so quality. That's what attracts readers. Which has for the most part been exclusive to batman. Which is the only reason I brought up his writers. So that they can do other DC characters. Because clearly, batman is well taken care of. lol. And the xmen isn't nearly as relevant to marvel readers as batman is to dc. Just look at the top comic book sales for marvel compared with dc, and it speaks for itself.

Dude, I can say the same thing about Post-Relaunch Aquaman, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, and the new I, Vampire series. These were all really great books, some more than others these past two years.

My point is Marvel takes advantage of their top dogs as do DC. Why is it so bad that Batman is critically acclaimed? Death of The Family was top notch in terms of writing and art. It sold greatly because it was a good story. From a business standpoint it is your obligation to make as much money as you can while you can. Marvel is no less guilty of this. They bring secondary character to light sometimes (as does DC, example is up above /\) but in the end there will always be 10 X-related titles, 4 Avengers related titles, 10 Batman related titles and 4 Justice League related titles. If Marvel could sell a Batman they would do it in a heartbeat. Why crucify a company for being "too" good?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By ccraft

lmao

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By novi_homines

@falconpuuunch said:

@novi_homines said:

@falconpuuunch said:

@novi_homines said:

Dude, I can say the same thing about Post-Relaunch Aquaman, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, and the new I, Vampire series. These were all really great books, some more than others these past two years.

My point is Marvel takes advantage of their top dogs as do DC. Why is it so bad that Batman is critically acclaimed? Death of The Family was top notch in terms of writing and art. It sold greatly because it was a good story. From a business standpoint it is your obligation to make as much money as you can while you can. Marvel is no less guilty of this. They bring secondary character to light sometimes (as does DC, example is up above /\) but in the end there will always be 10 X-related titles, 4 Avengers related titles, 10 Batman related titles and 4 Justice League related titles. If Marvel could sell a Batman they would do it in a heartbeat. Why crucify a company for being "too" good?

You're missing my whole point. I clearly stated that i'm not concerned with the number of comics released, or sales. And where did I say it was bad for batman to be critically acclaimed? or that "too" you qouted. lol. Batman should be, he's DC's top character. I'm just saying that others should too. Again, I understand the concept of milking, and i'm ok with that. I just think everyone else should be given a little more attention as well. No other known character has really stood out for DC for a while now. Whether it be Flash, Superman, wonder woman etc. And the only reason Aquaman has gotten some sort of recognition is because there was a whole event revolving around the character. I would be surprised if he didn't get any buzz after that event.This isn't the case with marvel, at least I personally don't see it this way.

This is the problem I have with DC. And when I say DC, I mean the entire company's mentality as a whole. There's batman. And then there's everyone else MILES behind him. While with marvel, everyone seems to be on equal footing and have their own time to shine. Like Black Panther leading an avengers team for the first time, Daredevil being reimagined, etc. I just would like to see a little more balance with DC characters, thats all. I don't know if this problem should be attributed to the men in suits, writers, or fans themselves. But this how I personally feel about the company. Everyone has their own opinions.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconpuuunch said:

@novi_homines said:

@falconpuuunch said:

@novi_homines said:

You're missing my whole point. I clearly stated that i'm not concerned with the number of comics released, or sales. And where did I say it was bad for batman to be critically acclaimed? or that "too" you qouted. lol. Batman should be, he's DC's top character. I'm just saying that others should too. Again, I understand the concept of milking, and i'm ok with that. I just think everyone else should be given a little more attention as well. No other known character has really stood out for DC for a while now. Whether it be Flash, Superman, wonder woman etc. And the only reason Aquaman has gotten some sort of recognition is because there was a whole event revolving around the character. I would be surprised if he didn't get any buzz after that event.This isn't the case with marvel, at least I personally don't see it this way.

This is the problem I have with DC. There's batman. And then there's everyone else MILES behind him. While with marvel, everyone seems to be on equal footing and have their own time to shine. Like Black Panther leading an avengers team for the first time, Daredevil being reimagined, etc. I just would like to see a little more balance with DC characters, thats all. Thats just my personal opinion.

I listed four other books that weren't Batman related that people LOVE and instead of taking that in, you brushed off all of them except one (Aquaman) and blamed it's success on it being an "event" book.

I don't understand this whole point about Black Panther leading The Avengers or Daredevil being "reimagined". Plenty.. PLENTY of DC characters have been reimagined these past few years. Plenty. And The Justice League? Doesn't Superman lead the Justice League? See?

You make it sound as if DC is placing Batman miles before their other characters. It is true that they use Batman to the best of their abilities but that doesn't mean they don't treat their other characters well. You are entitled to your opinion, I just think it's incredibly bias and that is my opinion.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt said:

I dislike marvel more than i did because of the whole captain marvel thing! U dont think they just changed his name for nothing! It was marvels fault! Crap is what that was

Y'know that Marvel published their Captain Marvel before DC started using Fawcetts Captain Marvel?

If DC hadn't sued Fawcett for making Shazam too much like Superman, Marvel never would have been able to copyright the name.

Besides, the name Captain Marvel kinda makes a little more sense being used for a Marvel character.