• 87 results
#1 Edited by theancientking (66 posts) - - Show Bio

why do heroes like batman and superman not kill their villians batman could have a really good life if he just started killing villians i mean would you commit crimes knowing batman could be anywhere and that hes killing people like you and dont get me started on what superman could do if he killed so why?

#2 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8743 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by gogopowerrangers (34 posts) - - Show Bio

because it's wrong

#4 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8743 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, though; they don't kill becuase they feel that they will become just like the people they fight against.

As stated by Batman himself while talking to Damian; "We don't kill. Our way is stronger, and more disciplined then the assassin's way. It requires more skill"

#5 Posted by theancientking (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: my point is civilians would be much safer if the bad guys didn't just keep breaking out and start murdering all over agian

#6 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

No person has the right decide who gets to live and who dies. To have that power without omniscience would lead to evil.

#7 Edited by XImpossibruX (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie said:

Seriously, though; they don't kill becuase they feel that they will become just like the people they fight against.

As stated by Batman himself while talking to Damian; "We don't kill. Our way is stronger, and more disciplined then the assassin's way. It requires more skill"

Which led to Jason Todd being killed, Barbara crippled, and thousands of others dead, with the Joker still not facing any justice.

I love Batman with a passion, but it gets ridiculous sometimes. Are all the soldiers who kill for their country terrible murderers?

#8 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

simple reason....if Batman killed all of his rogues the first time he faced them then we would have all the stories featuring them

#9 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8743 posts) - - Show Bio

@theancientking:

And if heroes just killed off there rogues gallary there would be no more villians for them to fight.

I do see your point, though.

#10 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8743 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

Which led to Jason Todd being killed, Barbara crippled, and thousands of others dead, with the Joker still not facing any justice.

I love Batman with a passion, but it gets ridiculous sometimes. Are all the soldiers who kill for their country terrible murderers?

It depends on who youre asking. The other guys would sure think so.

The only absurd thing is how many times Batman has gone out of his way to keep the Joker alive. Have you read Widening Gyre? Batman just totally saves the Joker, even at the expense of stopping the main bad guy. Now thats nonsense.

#12 Posted by theancientking (66 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Wolverine08 (45707 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux:

Well, I personally find killing wrong in all cases, but Gotham seriously needs to up their justice system to hold Joker.

#14 Posted by w0nd (4081 posts) - - Show Bio

When they go out of their way to save the bad guy then i find it stupid...simply extincting them I can understand them not doing.

#15 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: but moon knight and punisher both killed they never ran out of villians

But who are Moon Knight and the Punisher's nemesis? Who amongst their rogues are A-Listers? The Joker is equally famous as Batman himself; the Riddler, Two Face, and Ras almost as much. Longevity breeds fandom.

#17 Edited by XImpossibruX (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@ximpossibrux said:

It depends on who youre asking. The other guys would sure think so.

The only absurd thing is how many times Batman has gone out of his way to keep the Joker alive. Have you read Widening Gyre? Batman just totally saves the Joker, even at the expense of stopping the main bad guy. Now thats nonsense.

However I kinda understand where Batman is coming from.

He's a citizen who's not above the law, and if he murdered a villain he would lose his status with the Gotham police. In fact it should be the justice system that should sentence the Joker to death. But saving him from death is ridiculous.

Superman however he let's beings like Brainiac and Darkseid live, who can't be sentenced to death or sent to jail, and keeping them alive would just ensure millions of others would be condemned to death.

#18 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: Truth. Im not so sure Superman could kill Darkseid, however. But then, he has effectively "killed" Brainiac many times, one time that stands out in particular being in Our Worlds at War, where Supes deposits him at the moment of the Big Bang.

Supes also went all out to kill Doomsday, twice.

#19 Edited by theancientking (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: simple fix to that make some of batmans villians immortal in the sense that they can be beaten but not killed that way he can mow down the rest

#20 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: simple fix to that make some of batmans villians immortal in the sense that they can be beaten but not killed that way he can mow down the rest

That already applies to Ras Al Ghul, however I dont think many people would like that applied to the Joker. Still, my first point is my main one.

#21 Posted by theancientking (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: ya weirdly none of them have any problems killing aliens

#22 Posted by BlackWind (7236 posts) - - Show Bio

From a storytelling POV, Joker, Lex Luthor, Black Manta. These guys are very important to the heroes, and they are not replacable. At least not easily. However, there has to come a time when.enough is just enough. If your moral high ground is more important than thousands of dead bodies, then you have problems. Serious ones. Not killing evil monsters, fine. But going out of your way to keep them alive...now you're just on some straight up BS.

#23 Posted by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: ya weirdly none of them have any problems killing aliens

Yeah, Batman "killed" Darkseid, and Superman destroyed his very soul. Then all the Supermen and Green Lanterns killed Mandrakk.

#24 Posted by BlackWind (7236 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by ownagepants (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: because their comics are focused on the heroes and their struggles rather then their villians sharing the spotlight

#26 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

because it's wrong

Have to say this. SUPER Heroes strive to be BETTER then the normal person. Its what you wish you could be.

#27 Edited by XImpossibruX (5267 posts) - - Show Bio
@manchine said:
@gogopowerrangers said:

because it's wrong

Have to say this. SUPER Heroes strive to be BETTER then the normal person. Its what you wish you could be.

Every war veteran is wrong......? How does taking a life to save others lesser then the normal person? So if Captain America or Thor killed a terrorist to save civilians, they are below the normal person? WTF?? Are police officers evil for protecting others?

Also this.

#28 Posted by ownagepants (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:
@gogopowerrangers said:

because it's wrong

Every war veteran is wrong......? How does taking a life to save others lesser then the normal person? So if Captain America or Thor killed a terrorist to save civilians, they are below the normal person? WTF?? Are police officers evil for protecting others?

Also this.

War veterans are not SUPER heroes they are just heroes.

#31 Posted by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Another problem with killing thread can’t we stink to just one? Do you ever heard of the Shredder? Killing does not always ends the problems but It can do the contrary and make them worst. The aftermath happens for those five minutes of bliss leads to cycle vengeance, the battle for the throne if it is in your place and more.

Here is another part that scary it’s a win-win for tyrants. If they win they get to rule if they lose they become legends. They inspire thousands to follow their footsteps and it will thanks to the hero.

Page 763 from Order of The Stick is a great example I took some lines for my statement

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0763.html

It is hard question what is the right decision. You will question what the right decision is. Afterward was there a better way.

#32 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is not Gotham's law enforcement. Superman is not a prosecutor. There is no metahuman Supreme court. Regardless of how evil the villain's acts may be, a superheros responsibility is to stop the threats that official authorities otherwise can't. It falls on the courts to decide what comes next. To kill them on the street is murder.

#33 Edited by XImpossibruX (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine:

Captain America is a war veteran, but he's regarded as a Superhero....

So if a SUPERhero took a life of someone evil to protect/save civilians, then they are not SUPER anymore?

Also Batman attempted to kill Darkseid, I guess he's below SUPERhero now. And Superman in Man of Steel killed Zod, so he's below SUPERhero. Wonderwoman killed Maxwell Lord, I guess she's demoted. Green Lanterns have all killed space tyrants I guess we drop them off the SUPER train.

This logic is terrible and makes no sense, and even Batman and Superman (two who hate killing) feel regret.

#34 Edited by ownagepants (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: i know i mean i understand Luther he has the greatest team of lawyers ever assembled but how has joker not been put in the electric chair

#35 Edited by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine:

So if a SUPERhero took a life of someone evil to protect/save civilians, then they are not SUPER anymore?

Also Batman attempted to kill Darkseid, I guess he's below SUPERhero now. And Superman in Man of Steel killed Zod, so he's below SUPERhero. Wonderwoman killed Maxwell Lord, I guess she's demoted. Green Lanterns have all killed space tyrants I guess we drop them to off the SUPER train.

This logic is terrible and makes no sense, and even Batman and Superman (two who hate killing) feel regret.

No where does it show killing is right. That's why so many people are against it. Superman in Man of Steel killed zod is one of the biggest problems people have had with the superman movie.

Your logic makes no sense.

#36 Posted by XImpossibruX (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

@ximpossibrux said:

@manchine:

Also Batman attempted to kill Darkseid, I guess he's below SUPERhero now. And Superman in Man of Steel killed Zod, so he's below SUPERhero. Wonderwoman killed Maxwell Lord, I guess she's demoted. Green Lanterns have all killed space tyrants I guess we drop them to off the SUPER train.

No where does it show killing is right. That's why so many people are against it. Superman in Man of Steel killed zod is one of the biggest problems people have had with the superman movie.

Did you even read what I said, or did you just focus on one part to scrutinize? The real reason killing Zod was a negative, because It was out of character for Superman. Not because "Oh mah gerd, he killed a supervillain... and killing is bad!!" Thousands of movies have killing, hell the top movies are about killing.

Nevermind you're probably trolling.

#37 Posted by JohnnyGat (1580 posts) - - Show Bio

From a perspective of if I were in the comics it's because besides the moral code the fact that the heroes are not the judge jury or executioner. If there's anyone to be criticize for no killing it's the political side that rather keep them alive then give them the death sentence.

#38 Edited by XImpossibruX (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnygat said:

From a perspective of if I were in the comics it's because besides the moral code the fact that the heroes are not the judge jury or executioner. If there's anyone to be criticize for no killing it's the political side that rather keep them alive then give them the death sentence.

Exactly, that's why I don't criticize Batman for doing what he does. Yet there is no political or justice system for Darkseid, or Brainiac. So for Superman not to kill them, or toss their beaten up bodies to the Green Lantern Corps is just absurd.

#39 Posted by ownagepants (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux: to be fair both braniac and darkseid have been killed they just refuse to stay dead

#40 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

@ximpossibrux said:

@manchine:

Did you even read what I said, or did you just focus on one part to scrutinize? The real reason killing Zod was a negative, because It was out of character for Superman. Not because "Oh mah gerd, he killed a supervillain... and killing is bad!!" Thousands of movies have killing, hell the top movies are about killing.

You just don't get it do you.

Yes you are trolling.

#41 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@theancientking said:

@battle_forum_junkie: but moon knight and punisher both killed they never ran out of villians

But who are Moon Knight and the Punisher's nemesis? Who amongst their rogues are A-Listers? The Joker is equally famous as Batman himself; the Riddler, Two Face, and Ras almost as much. Longevity breeds fandom.

You have an avatar of Majin Vegeta, so you obviously you're a fan of Dragon Ball Z. What do you think about the popularity of characters like Frieza and Cell? They had an arc and then were killed, yet they're still popular two decades later. Not into the American mainstream, but then not very many Japanese animation characters are. You can still create villains that are epic and have them killed off, as long as you give them their chance in the spotlight and a worthy death.

#42 Edited by Dayvid3 (869 posts) - - Show Bio

The general seem usually seems to me to be once they cross the line, using their powers for more than stopping the badguys, it get's easier and easier to abuse. Soon they are pushing other bad guys around 'too hard', showing their temper to any good guys. Heaven forfend they use their powers for recreation. Imagine a Jedi using the force to grab something from the fridge? Mutants seems to get to have more fun with their powers, blur the lines some. They don't completely lose their minds. It's just one of the comic book formulas. Love Superman, but Dirty Harry shoots the bad guys and doesn't go evil. So give me Cable

#43 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5696 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes has killed before and if pushed would probably do it again. Batmans a PUSSY and everyone he supposedly loves has suffered ( Jason Todd , Barbara Gordon etc) because of it.

#44 Edited by XImpossibruX (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

@ximpossibrux said:

@manchine said:

@ximpossibrux said:

@manchine:

Yes you are trolling.

Brilliant, just brilliant. Get you're argument destroyed and repeat the same things that I said.

"Your logic makes no sense" - you repeated.

"You are trolling" - repeated.

Great contribution to the vine. Either you're trolling or completely stupid.

#45 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wants to kill these wretched villains but he can't. It's not up to him. It's up to the courts of Gotham. And the people of Gotham are fools for not giving Joker the death sentence. The Joker realizes that killing is wrong, shouldn't he get punished? Those that get sent to asylum are those that need help because they don't understand their actions. The Joker does! He does everything he does because it is wrong.

Not Batman's choice to kill or not, but Gotham's. Bruce has broken many laws already and murder shouldn't be another one broken. If he did it, GCPD would probably go all-out to take him down.

#46 Posted by SoA (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

that's what wolverine and the punisher are for .

also if RHATO was written better jason todd would be included

#47 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

More on topic, my mentality aligns to a certain extent with Red Hood's. Killing the Joker and those who are like him is totally different than just murdering criminals. Guys like the Joker, who have killed numerous times, admitted their crimes, and intend to kill again... there's no rehabilitation to be had. Just kill them and move on. Batman is basically responsible for thousands of deaths because he didn't have the courage to end Joker. That's why I like the 1989 Batman... Joker was a menace to Gotham willing to kill millions; letting him fall off the roof was the best thing any version of Batman could have ever done.

#48 Edited by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

@ximpossibrux said:

@manchine said:

@ximpossibrux said:

@manchine said:

@ximpossibrux said:

@manchine:

Yes you are trolling.

Brilliant, just brilliant. Get you're argument destroyed and repeat the same things that I said.

"Your logic makes no sense" - you repeated.

"You are trolling" - repeated.

Great contribution to the vine. Either you're trolling or completely stupid.

Obviously, your one of those people who has to have people agree with, otherwise there a troll. I fell sorry for you.

#49 Edited by Dayvid3 (869 posts) - - Show Bio

Or maybe the simple reason is how many decent bad guys can the writers think up? How many issues have luthor, joker, magneto filled up. Even their other villains seem to be just 2nd stringers. Penguin, mad hatter? How long did it take to get someone else impactful for batman, like bane?

Recycle, don't kill

#50 Edited by XImpossibruX (5267 posts) - - Show Bio
@manchine said:

Obviously, your one of those people who has to have people agree with, otherwise there a troll. I fell sorry for you.

*Feel

Also you specifically said "your logic makes no sense," when i clearly proved it does with an argument, so obviously when you make a statement like that i'm gonna rebuttal. And when I questioned your logic you just say "you just don't get it" .... you don't back up what you say, yet you mark my logic as wrong.....

And you made the statement

@manchine said:

@gogopowerrangers said:

because it's wrong

When people make BS statements like this, it's hard not to try to clean the BS with common sense.

And you specifically ignored my entire comment, and just attacked my Superman killing Zod statement, and just what repeat what i said...twice.... Oh yea, were done here, you have no concept of what trolling is, yet act like one. Good day child.