Why Hasn't Avengers 2 Generated as much Hype?

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I may be making this thread prematurely, but from what I remember, the original Avengers had already generated a fair amount of hype in this stage of development.

Even here, on this site, I see a lot of users saying they aren't too hyped or looking forward to Avengers 2 very much.

What is the reason for this? Are most of us burnt out of Marvel movies? Have we grown de-sensitized to these announcements? Or could it just be that it sounds sort of boring?

Now, obviously there are some people hyped for it, so I'm not speaking for everyone. I'm just saying that people don't seem as excited for it as they usually do for superhero movies.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Probably because Avengers was the first big team up film and everyone was so pumped to see it work. This is the second one. Doesn't have that "new-concept" feel to it.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I should be hyped for Batman v Superman but I'm really not. MoS just didn't make me all that excited about the prospects of sequels in that universe.

Now Avengers 2 has me (personnally) so hyped because the original was such a perfect popcorn movie. It had wit or at least witty dialogue between the characters and just by having them discussing in the same room was terrific. The culminating battle in New York was a treat too. Add in the fact Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a brilliant spy thriller with interesting consequences to the Marvel cinematic universe and yeah, I'm damn hyped for Avengers 2.

With everything I've heard about Age of Ultron and Whedon's enthusiasm for Ultron itself...I think it's going to be great. Could even be the best in the trilogy. I mean Whedon signed on to direct Avengers IF he could do Ultron. The man just knows how to write ensemble casts.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Some are likely growing jaded, but there's also the simple fact that Marvel Studios has yet to drop a trailer.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I'm sure the hype will build as soon as a trailer or tease is distributed. It's just still a good bit away and GOTG is still on the forefront of the mind. Marvel has been trying to get as much out of that and it would be cannibalizing their own profits if they would stop promoting it to start focusing on Avengers 2 this soon. The hype will build as we get closer to the release date which is 7 months from today. Also, As others have said, the novelty has worn off as we have seen them all together already so that anticipation of the first time that was building up for 4 years since Iron Man 1 is no longer a factor.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogueshadow  Moderator

I'm hyped.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wait until that trailer drops. The pics and everything have been cool and all, but it'll be the trailer that breaks the hype meter.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

Needs more Batman.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wait until that trailer drops. The pics and everything have been cool and all, but it'll be the trailer that breaks the hype meter.

This.

I have a feeling once we see Ultron, Vision, Quicksilver and Wanda in live action in the trailer.....all of us are going to mark the F out.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Honestly not a lot has been mentioned about the movie, aside from a few set photos being released here and there. The reason the first movie generated so much hype is because it was something big and new and that hadn't been done before. I'm sure that once the first trailer airs the hype will quickly began to build as we move closer towards the film's release.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

There's plenty of hype for what we've been given, which is almost nothing. As others say...wait for the trailer.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#13  Edited By TheCannon

I think because

1) Trailer hasn't been released yet

2) First film was the first time all the characters were meeting (mostly), thus it's not as new of a concept now.

3) Iron Man 3 & Thor: The Dark World were both sh*t, and GotG doesn't look like it tried to build towards AoU at all (haven't seen it, but that just appears to be it), meaning we only have one good film leading up to it. Compared to the first film which had 4 great films and 1 decent film all leading into it, it just had more build up with previous films.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wolfrazer  Online

@thecannon: The GotG have nothing to do with Earth related things or the Avengers so of course it wasn't suppose to be leading up to anything previous.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No trailer yet, no new hulk movie, IM3 and Thor 2.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I'm hyped. But just wait till the first trailer drops.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not enough Batman

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give it time, the hype'll be there.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Avengers got a sequel?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

To be honest I haven't seen much publicity for it. Its almost as if Marvel isn't advertising it. I'm guessing one day the trailer will drop and then suddenly all the publicity will come too. Calm before the storm if you will.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably seeing it. I don't need to be hyped for it.

It's still really early, Disney's hype machine will be in full swing a few months before the flick is released.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I remember reading something interesting

It seems as if IM3 and TWS hinted towards avengers 2

Whil TDW and GoTG hinted towards avengers 3 (what with the infinity gems)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@dbzk1999 said:

@wolfrazer: I remember reading something interesting

It seems as if IM3 and TWS hinted towards avengers 2

Whil TDW and GoTG hinted towards avengers 3 (what with the infinity gems)

Not sure what you're getting at here, aside from stating the obvious.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#27  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@strider92 said:

To be honest I haven't seen much publicity for it. Its almost as if Marvel isn't advertising it. I'm guessing one day the trailer will drop and then suddenly all the publicity will come too. Calm before the storm if you will.

Pretty much my thoughts on it. Early days yet maybe :)

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like someone said yesterday, people here on Comic Vine and Superherohype act like they make up the rest of the world. The mass audience are delved into Marvel movies more than you think. Not all of them are the vocal ones on these websites.

Oh and guys... Stop throwing around that "there's nothing new about it" nonsense. By that logic, we shouldn't be looking forward to X-Men Apocalypse or Captain America 3.