#1 Edited by gumflabica (2164 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped playing DC Universe Online for about a year, and decided to start playing again. I spent about two weeks updating(!) and another two weeks playing, and was surprised.

the DCUO community used to be so helpful and nice, but now, the posts you can read through the LFG posts, are just people being total dicks.

what happened? i cant stand playing the game anymore. the LFG board gets in the way of all talk, and people have stopped being social, helpful, and go out of their way to be a dick.

i'm dissapointed.

#2 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Were you in Gotham? People shit talk a lot in Gotham. I haven't played for a while, but I'm sure there are still helpful people.

#3 Posted by gumflabica (2164 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: ive been in both. its almost impossible to find anyone through the LFG chat, and when you do, they are going out of their way just to be dicks. im playing on ps3 and PC, and PC was superior because of the ability to actually communicate with teammates without having to figure out the impossible microphone. but now, everything is all clogged up with LFG. its hopeless, it seems.

#4 Edited by Kramotz (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the noobs that got their asses handed to them while the mature and chill pros were still there are roaming free, leveled up, and trolling to feel good about themselves.

#5 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

It's why I quit the game. The community is just filled with unfriendly players who have no idea what their roles are or how to work as a team.

#6 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

It's why I quit the game. The community is just filled with unfriendly players who have no idea what their roles are or how to work as a team.

Considering it's based on the DCU, that's quite ironic.

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by gumflabica (2164 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was just with the heroes, who are known to be dicks at times, but the villains were only slightly better. none of my friends are ever online anymore, probably for the same reason. I think its that LFG chat. it got in the way of communication so much, that people started leaving, making any players under lvl 30 quite bitter.

i remember when exobit trading was supposed to go on in headquarters, or be arranged to happen in safe houses, but the LFG chat ruined everything. quite sad. time to wait for a new MMO. maybe cancel my legendary membership...

#9 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped playing about a year ago but I pop in from time to time and it is pretty bad now its sad.

Replay tokens hurt the game badly, I remember the next day after they came out you would see people in full T4 pve gear. This was around March or May of 2012, they just released a new real raid after a whole year of nothing... so as you can imagine those people that got their full set of t4 a year ago got bored long ago and left the game. So now you got tons of new people and they all might not be asses but a lot of them are.

#10 Posted by gumflabica (2164 posts) - - Show Bio

at least on Ps3 its too hard to communicate for people to be asses.

when i get a group of reiends together for missions, we all call each other's landlines and we communicate over speakerphone. works good actually.