#1 Edited by krspaceT (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of fandoms clash

Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon

Digimon and Pokemon

Spongebob and Phineas and Ferb

Harry Potter and Twilight

And of course

But why do two similar series, who have decently large fanbases and were released at similar times and with some shared themes, have the same problem?

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (48133 posts) - - Show Bio

The war is already brewing, someone just needs to fire the first shot.

#3 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

I never knew that. I also never knew Spongebob and Phineas and Ferb have clashing fans.

#4 Posted by Yokergeist (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to like spongebob but I hate Phineas and Pherb. The show is almost the same every episode. No wonder spongebob fans hate it.

#5 Edited by Vaccine (278 posts) - - Show Bio

The war is there, I guess but it's still in low-key mode currently. Wait. There was a clash between DB and SM fans? I did not know of this...

#6 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio

That'd be like if Star Wars fans had a rivalry with Species fans.

One is MASSIVE, the other is called the Lightning Thief.

#7 Posted by SC (14751 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, its basically because Percy Jackson is a member of the Crips and Harry Potter is a member of the Bloods. If you read their autobiographies, they are laced with secret gang codes and references.

#8 Posted by PeppeyHare (4325 posts) - - Show Bio

That'd be like if Star Wars fans had a rivalry with Species fans.

One is MASSIVE, the other is called the Lightning Thief.

#9 Posted by krspaceT (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Percy Jackson may have a somewhat smaller fandom, but its a younger series, and its done pretty decently: back in 2011 it had sold 20 million copies, and that was two years ago

#10 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3304 posts) - - Show Bio

The same reason why Homestuck fans don't clash with other webcomics.

They're probably just more reasonable.

That and homestuck has a larger fanbase than the next three most popular webcomics combined.

#11 Edited by impossibilly (913 posts) - - Show Bio

A better question is why do fans of the other series you mentioned feel the need to clash? I don't get the "insult someone else's likes to make me feel better about my own insecurities" mindset.

#12 Posted by Web_Flotsam (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Percy Jackson is better than Harry Potter.

Let it begin.

#13 Posted by JetiiMitra (9315 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the whole deal between them to be very passive-aggressive. As in, they won't outright attack each other, but let some third party ask "Which is better?" and you instantly get claims of "this ripped off this" "this was written first" "this is literature" "this is for kids" "this was meant for kids" "i like this better" "oh, you would" "what's that mean?" "Nothing." "Hmph" "Hmph." And it's over. I may have gone a bit into excessive detail. Anyway that's how I see it.

Also,

Let it begin.

Co-signed.

#14 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (12265 posts) - - Show Bio

Let it begin.

Percy Jackson would also stomp Harry Potter any day of the week.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (25974 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if you go by sales alone then Harry Potter fans hating Percy Jackson fans would make them look like assholes, like a billionaire that goes to McDonald's and torments the guy running the cash register.

#16 Posted by Cr4pSnip3r (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry Potter is far better than Percy Jackson, imo, but I love both a lot. But they can both suck it or take it up the ass compared to A Song of Ice and Fire.

#17 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@cr4psnip3r said:

Harry Potter is far better than Percy Jackson, imo, but I love both a lot. But they can both suck it or take it up the ass compared to A Song of Ice and Fire.

Yup

Also, since when do Harry Potter and Twilight clash? More like 'everyone else' and 'Twilight' LOL

Same with Spongebob and Phineas/Ferb

And DBZ and Sailor Moon, I enjoy both

Digimon is just a blatant copy -_-

#18 Edited by JulieDC (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because Percy Jackson hasn't hit the same level of popularity to garner the attention especially since there has only been one film that was criticized for not really following the books and since the Harry Potter books and movies are complete, Percy Jackson would more or less serve as a replacement for people who loved Harry Potter and want to recreate the experience. However, bring up Twilight or Hunger Games and you'll get the fan hate you are looking for.

#19 Edited by dondave (39929 posts) - - Show Bio

Let it begin.

#20 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1544 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because there is no argument, Harry Potter fans know that Percy Jackson is better. Hence, no arguments nor hate.