#1 Posted by joewell (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

Like a thing where it automaticly puts a picture,sentence,or phase at the end or bottom of a post? I say it would be a great feature for CV. Call me lazy but i hate having to copy paste my sig every time i post and when i need to copy paste some thing else i have to go back and find it in a old thread. And what if i forget? I think that alot would agree with me here that CV need this. How long would this take to put in?

#2 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't take long, if the server databases aren't mangled much. I know from experience with database and website programming, this sort of thing wouldn't be too hard to implement.

I second this motion. I want signatures.

#3 Posted by YoungJustice (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Signatures waste up space.

#4 Posted by Spectre108 (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I've never really liked signatures.

#5 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Then make a limit; say, 500 characters, and 2 images of 500 pixels or less height total. That would allow you to have a cool signature but not take up half the page.

#6 Posted by joewell (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

and? if you do not want to look at it you dont have to. ( not trying to sound like a jerk there sorry ) i have one of these on another board and it works great, and have the sigs. are preaty big but after awhile you get used to ingoring them and i find that if your in a group ( Like ViNeRsAuRs( witch could use some new members )) it would make every thing alot easier.

Any mod/staff if i can get enough people to sign can we put it in please?

also there should be a limit to how big a picture can be

#7 Posted by YoungJustice (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

It takes up space on the page. It would take forever for someone to scroll down a page if it's littered with signatures.

#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they look ugly on this site. Signatures look decent on some sites, Comicvine is not one of them.

#9 Posted by joewell (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

Then make a limit; say, 500 characters, and 2 images of 500 pixels or less height total. That would allow you to have a cool signature but not take up half the page.

@YoungJustice: then why can't we do this

#10 Edited by YoungJustice (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

We can do it if we want.. There is no rule against it. There just isn't a feature that allows you to set it up anyway besides manually.

#11 Posted by cbishop (7094 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never seen the point to signatures. When you post, it shows your user name above your post.

#12 Posted by joewell (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop said:

I've never seen the point to signatures. When you post, it shows your user name above your post.

?

i meant like putting a picture as your sig.

@YoungJustice said:

We can do it if we want.. There is no rule against it. There just isn't a feature that allows you to set it up anyway besides manually.

i kinda meant automaticly

#13 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Because they look ugly on this site. Signatures look decent on some sites, Comicvine is not one of them.

@cbishop said:

@YoungJustice said:

#14 Posted by cbishop (7094 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@cbishop said:

?

Gotcha. I think that's kind of a waste of space. Pictures as sigs are cool or funny the first time, but if you get 2 users going back-and-forth on a thread, and 15 posts from 1 user with a pic sig, it gets annoying. Plus you have the icon image on the left every post. <shrugs> Sorry, still don't see the point. ;)

#15 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop said:

that and we have avatars

#16 Posted by joewell (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop said:

@joewell said:

@cbishop said:

?

Gotcha. I think that's kind of a waste of space. Pictures as sigs are cool or funny the first time, but if you get 2 users going back-and-forth on a thread, and 15 posts from 1 user with a pic sig, it gets annoying. Plus you have the icon image on the left every post. <shrugs> Sorry, still don't see the point. ;)

yeah i never though of it like that. yeah i kinda just wanted to do it beacuse I'm in this group called the ViNeRsAuRs ( would you like to join, it would be highly appreciated ) and i don't feel like reposting my sig every time i post.

#17 Posted by cbishop (7094 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

yeah i never though of it like that. yeah i kinda just wanted to do it beacuse I'm in this group called the ViNeRsAuRs ( would you like to join, it would be highly appreciated ) and i don't feel like reposting my sig every time i post.

I don't have a ton of time for groups, but I'd be willing to check it out. Point me in the right direction. :)

#18 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

No, they're annoying. (No offense

#19 Posted by joewell (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop said:

@joewell said:

I don't have a ton of time for groups, but I'd be willing to check it out. Point me in the right direction. :)

oh we don't do alot, we have some activates here and there, the main thing is the Vinersaurs PM

heres all the info, http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/the-vinersaurs-official-thread/687931/

#20 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I've gotten used to no sigs. At this point I'd find them annoying. You have a completely customizable avatar and blog-space, I don't see why you'd need sigs.

#21 Posted by cbishop (7094 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

oh we don't do alot, we have some activates here and there, the main thing is the Vinersaurs PM

heres all the info, http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/the-vinersaurs-official-thread/687931/

It looks like a good group and all, but it's something everyone should be doing as a Viner anyway. As long as you're having fun with it, I'm down with the Vinersaurs.! :D

...I just don't have time for the ranking, group activities, etc. ;}

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37314 posts) - - Show Bio

If I wanted sigs I'd be going to CL. No offense, K4tz.

#23 Posted by joewell (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop said:

@joewell said:

It looks like a good group and all, but it's something everyone should be doing as a Viner anyway. As long as you're having fun with it, I'm down with the Vinersaurs.! :D

...I just don't have time for the ranking, group activities, etc. ;}

thats fine, i just added you to the Vinersaurs PM if thats ok

#24 Posted by cbishop (7094 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

thats fine, i just added you to the Vinersaurs PM if thats ok

It is. :)

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they're annoying and pointless.

#26 Posted by 8bitGangsta (392 posts) - - Show Bio

I like signatures, but only on certain users, like YNCG, Billy Batson, Floopay etc etc

#27 Posted by TheElusiveNewReader (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Proof that comic book nerds will fight over ANYTHING :P

#28 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Waste of bandwidth.

#29 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen sights have have the ability for users to turn sigs on and off, if that will help.

#30 Posted by Githzerai (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Unnecessary.

#31 Posted by nickthedevil (11596 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic has been discussed before. Wastes spacee, and they look horrible. No.

#32 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

No, they're annoying. (No offense

Mine I use in everything, and its there for a reason. Also it is not automatic, I type it every single time. One of those things you just keep doing out of habit.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#33 Posted by Haaydrian (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd probably leave the site. I hate Sigs. They're atrocious.

#34 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a Karma system to eradicate TROLLS

I'm looking at you BB

#35 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

If I wanted sigs I'd be going to CL. No offense, K4tz.

CL?

#36 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as there is an option to turn them off.

#37 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

Have an optional signature with a limit so it does not take up too much space. I think that is a great idea.

#38 Posted by ImmortalOne (3294 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I don't like signatures. They seem kinda annoying to me.

#39 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4691 posts) - - Show Bio

I use my mini bio as a signature, so it doesn't matter either way.

#40 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigs are a waste of space and they are super annoying. No offence to anyone who has them, I just see no point in them and i'm glad that GB, CV, S don't have them.

#41 Posted by Mercy_ (92548 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate sigs.

Moderator Online
#42 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

I think sigs for mottos would be cool, maybe only 200 characters. No pictures though, those are annoying.

#43 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be okay with it

IF

no pictures, and you can only use one line of text.

#44 Posted by IrishX (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on a good amount of other forums and this is the only one that doesn't have signatures. I personally like them as they show a little bit more about the individual.  

That said most other sites don't give your own personal page like they do here on ComicVine and that is quite plenty really.