• 53 results
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Achilles.

Ok why does the villain always lose when it is always stated that they are more powerful....Please explain this to me???

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ARMIV

I think it is because the hero has more to lose if the villain wins (most of the time) so they'll put more resolve and will into taking out they're enemy.

EIther that or it's all plot device that a good lot of us have been fine with since the 1930's.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vitality

WILLPOWER
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Theodore

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Oh wait...
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Magian

Because good must always triumph over evil.

industrious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By industrious
@ComicMan24 said:
" Because good must always triumph over evil. "
It's an acceptable break from reality, at least.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@industrious said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
It's an acceptable break from reality, at least. "
lol
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Earth 3's villain win more than usual.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Supreme Marvel said:
"Earth 3's villain win more than usual. "

Gotta love the anti-matter universe rules.
:)
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Magian
@industrious said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
It's an acceptable break from reality, at least. "
True, I guess.

@Supreme Marvel said:
" Earth 3's villain win more than usual. "

Well there evil is supposed to always triumph over good, right?
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tensor

because ppl like to see bad ppl get hurt not the other way around so there u go just think of them as punching bags

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Because "good must always triumph!" or some crap like that, Me, I think the villain should win sometimes.

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spiderguylll

They talk too much...But that's cause they want to be understood

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I don't think this is true. Lots of times the hero technically "wins" but usually at a loss of life or emotional distress to the hero. Sometimes they even plan it that way. 

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By ReVamp
@Theodore said:
"

Oh wait... "

lol. Well would you read a comic where Doctor Octopus killed Spiderman? Plus let us not forget that the Hero does not kill and the Villain kills, so the Hero winning lets the charaters be reused, if the Villain would win then the Hero would die. And if the Hero of the Storyline died every other story arc then he would have to be brought back to life only to be killed again.
Treason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Treason
@ReVamp said:
" @Theodore said:
"
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Oh wait... "
lol. Well would you read a comic where Doctor Octopus killed Spiderman? Plus let us not forget that the Hero does not kill and the Villain kills, so the Hero winning lets the charaters be reused, if the Villain would win then the Hero would die. And if the Hero of the Storyline died every other story arc then he would have to be brought back to life only to be killed again. "
thats why we should have an ongoing starring Mr. Immortal and his exploits
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ReVamp

I could see that happening.
Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Cause evil always thinks its better..... 
then it psyhces itself out with their overconvidence. 
Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Cherry Bomb

Because Heroes are always more likeable and people wouldn't read it if they always lost. 
Plus, it's to plant ideas in kids heads so they know that crime is wrong. (:

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iLLituracy

The better question is why does the hero always win? Yeah, I just blew your mind.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By joshmightbe

No Caption Provided
did we forget this happened??
JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By JamesSpiring

Yep, morality message. Superheroes do lose sometimes though. Heroes sometimes are killed, I'd call that a defeat. The FF are about to lose a member. How many times has one of the X-Men been KIA? Look at the final episode of the 90s X-Men cartoon - Professor X got exposed as a mutant and had to leave Earth to save his life. Even the Power Rangers, who are known for teaching morals (teamwork, bullies and crime have all been shown) and that good always wins, ended season 5 (Turbo) with the Zords and ranger powers, and their HQ all destroyed. A definite defeat, they were only saved because the villain turned out to have a boss who called her away.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By IrishX

Not sure if anyone has read Dragonlance here but there is a character named Raistlin Majere who was an extremely powerful sorcerer.  His goal was to become a god which he was successful in. He killed all the other gods and all life on the planet Krynn. Unable to create life he was the only being left in existance.....

This is part of why the villains always lose in my opinion.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@ComicMan24 said:
"@Supreme Marvel said:
" Earth 3's villain win more than usual. "
Well there evil is supposed to always triumph over good, right? "
Yeah, with Ultraman and Owlman etc.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Billy Batson
@iLLituracy said:
" The better question is why does the hero always win? Yeah, I just blew your mind. "
lol
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By superdemon

They lose in comics because they win in real life. People need something to make themselves feel better about that. A hero winning when all is supposedly lost gives people false hope - but hope none the less.

Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vilians seek world conquest... That means SLAVERY for everyone else. Get it?
Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IrishX said:
"Not sure if anyone has read Dragonlance here but there is a character named Raistlin Majere who was an extremely powerful sorcerer.  His goal was to become a god which he was successful in. He killed all the other gods and all life on the planet Krynn. Unable to create life he was the only being left in existance..... This is part of why the villains always lose in my opinion. "

See thats what I mean. How many times does Rasitlin have to mention no one understands him? He's not evil, he's ambitious and ingenious, that's all...  

I mean you'd kill your brother for power to wouldn't you? And that doesn't make you evil, right?

Stripes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Stripes

You clearly didn't notice the win Joker pulled off in the Dark Knight ;)

thanos1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By thanos1970

there have been comics where the villian has won but it has been short lived mainly due to the villians greed or the fact the others in his group turned on him. Thanos though has won numerous victories. The way Starlin wrote him in the begaining was brilliant. Thanos would "lose" to a hero but it was all tied to a master plan that was so multilayered it was almost imposible to unravel until the end. Read Thanos Quest part One and Two to see a total villian victory....

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PowerHerc

Because they are the villains and in our culture most people want to see good triumph over evil.  Villains represent that evil.   
The villains are often described and shown to be more powerful and/or smarter than the hero to present a threat to and thus risk for the hero.   
The hero must have something at risk and overcome a true threat to be truly heroic. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32  Edited By SC  Moderator

Losers are losers no matter how powerful they are? Most villains also have a tendency to have their first initial on their belt buckle. Coincidence? I think not... 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By joshmightbe
@thanos1970: More often than not Thanos causes his own downfall, it was explained once that despite his bravado he has a lot of self loathing that tends to cause him to subconsciously sabotage himself 
Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Untrue that the villain always loses especially in today's comics. Sure they've get beaten to an inch of their life but in a grander scheme of things there are situations where the hero wins, but yet everybody in a global scale everybody loses like in Batman or current Marvel's stories. Comics from 1930's and 40's were easy to depict good versus evil because of the rise of organized crime and a huge racial fascist movement that caused complete genocide, just look at Captain America and Superman. Thus creating this belief that good has and always will triumphant over evil to give the people who are being oppressed a feeling that there is just in the world. Now in days comics have become complex; you can thank Alan Moore, Frank Miller, and Kevin Eastman's jheri curl for that. Where characters are now more human than their silver age counter parts and have philosophical metaphors implicated into their stories like Watchmen where the 'Hero' or the smartest man alive becomes the villain and wins in the end. Villains and heroes today are usually two opposing forces with ideals and beliefs that do not mix well into their vision on how the world should be. Heroes can sill win but have to lose something in the process in order to keep the reader interested like Kyle Rayner finding his girlfriend in his refrigerator chop up in pieces or Batman proving a point by not killing the Joker yet many lives have been scarified in the process, though the hero wins in terms of defeating the Villain but loses when you look at the big picture who really won.    

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By joshmightbe
@I'maDC/ImageGuy!: The reason these things have become more complex is because the world seems more complex now, not that it's actually any more complicated than ever before it's just that in this age of information people are forced to see how grey the world really is. We see more today than ever before and purely black and white concepts don't work any more
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DEGRAAF

I would actually like too see where the villain wins.  I know it happens every now and again but even when they win things change back way to quickly. I think the one group of characters that truely effect their heroes would be Batman's villains. 

Joker kills Jason with a crow bar. Two face made robin (dick) choose between inocent lives and batman and then killed them anyway. Black mask burns down and destroys most of gotham. 

Lex Luthor - For being one of the 2 smartest humans on earth he doesnt seem to get away with almost anything. He doesnt seem to learn from past experiences. He's become more of a paper cut on Supermans hand rather then a thorn in his side or a pain in his a$$. 

The Rogues - They barely pass at being villains to begin with (besides Captain Boomerang now). They dont seem to kill. They just threaten and they dont even put themselves in the same basket as the Injustice League. I think they are a joke and should have been killed by the real villains of the DCU long ago.

Final Crisis - I loved that Darkseid finally completed the anit-life equation. I think it would have been cool to see the few people not effected by it to stand together and figure out a way to revert people back one by one from the mindless drone state Darkseid put them in. Have lives lost, and the world really change. The world could have become a dark, serious place where there was no time for fun and games. Batman could have killed Darkseid in the end and been killed as well (really killed though) and as people are slowly coming out of the effects of the anti-life equation they could see their world in ruins and that could be the start of a new epoch. 

Blackest Night - should have had way more known casualties. Thats really all i have to say about that one. 

I would to see real life altering events that even when the event if over, people are like 

"$h!t... I can believe we survived that. Look at how bad they mess up our ranks and all the lives we have lost in our cities. It will take over 5 life times to get everything back to the way it was before all this went down. How did he/she get away with something like that? Where will we find enough space to bury all the people lost in the battle? I hope the ones i love are ok. We are going to have to make some big adjustments and changes to ensure something like this never happens again." 

Basically i want to see the DCUO Comic Con video play out in main stream comics.  as well as the after effects to these (not including Lex coming back in time to stop the whole thing). Minus the death of superman thought just because i like him. If he has to die to give me this kind of event then so be it, i will find a new hero to love. But this is what Lex Luthor should be capable of...  
(Sorry, i tried to embed the video in and it wouldn't do it properly)

Or Kingdom Come just not spread out of 50 years or whatever it spanned. Make it more like a 3 year span

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By joshmightbe
@DEGRAAF: Pretty much the whole premise of Wanted(the comic not the movie) is that the villains have won and took over the world 
Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Telcalipoca

because their not the main character 

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DEGRAAF
@joshmightbe:
interesting. I have never read a Wanted comic before. I might have to check it out
howlettgrowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By howlettgrowl

because Norman Osbourne is a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By TheCrowbar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebI8H5nq5L4   
It's the schwit!

HumanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By HumanX

Anything from gloating too long to forgetting that kryptonite being in your possession doesn't mean Superman will just die by default. I actually have a plan to kill Superman. I saw most of it in Superman Doomsday. You lead him through a lead lined group of hallway and into a small room. When he walks in the doors close and red sun lights fire up taking away his powers. You walk out with a kryptonite sword that has been imbued with magical power then you go straight for the head. After that you take his body and separate it into pieces, hiding them in different points around the world (like at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean). Make sure the pieces of his body are kept in magic boxes which are unbreakable so the pressure of the ocean doesn't break the box and free a piece of him. Once this is done do not take any credit for this because Batman and Wonder woman will kick your butt.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#43  Edited By turoksonofstone

Actually, "In the End Evil always Triumphs over Good, Because Good is Dumb!"

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Just check Wanted for a different result.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd find it more interesting/entertaining if villains started winning more times now :/

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PeppeyHare

@revamp said:

@Theodore

said:

"
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Oh wait... "

lol. Well would you read a comic where Doctor Octopus killed Spiderman?

Not sure why this was bumped but looooool

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By addikhabbo

Also comic Cap's Hydra now.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's an ongoing struggle, who's really the winner? Also, comics.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki is still wining in the movies.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I don't think this is true. Lots of times the hero technically "wins" but usually at a loss of life or emotional distress to the hero. Sometimes they even plan it that way.

this