Why does it seem that everyone hates, Hulk n Superman?

• 61 results
Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Every thread I read seems to be filled with haters! Superman and the Hulk are two of the biggest and best heroes in comics. There may be more powerful comic characters but none have made an impact like they have. Spiderman and some others as well, but it's seems no one take the brunt of the hate like they do...quite frankly it pisses me off and I'm tired of seeing posts about the hulk being beaten by power puff girls!!!!

Violens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Violens

haha, damn. i dig the hulk.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Bane_of_sith: People hate winners.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CODYSF

I like Hulk I think he is a better character then Thor but when it comes to the Man Of Steel he is my favorite character with Batman for the tie.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfrazer

The only thing I dislike about the Hulk are actually the guys that say "dur, Hulk has limitless strength he just keeps getting angrier and angrier and he can beat anyone with it!" You can't get infinitely angry, thats just a dumb concept....other then that though have no problems with Supes or Hulk.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Bluefox170

I've never came across Hulk haters personally. Especially after he slammed Loki around on the big screen all I hear are positive comments. Superman on the other hand... Is a boy scout!!

But in all seriousness I just don't enjoy characters who are the epitome of high moral stature.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

Ignoring the battle threads is part of the solution.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bane_of_sith

TheCrowbar said it best!!! As for wolfrazer I kind of agree with that statement, but it has been stated before that hulk has infinite potential for strength increase but your right there's definitely a limit, for example he must have been very very angry when fighting zeus but no matter how angry he got Zeus kicked his a$$. Which was hard to see since I love the hulk

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bane_of_sith

And it is best to just ignore threads some times your right on that one sesquipedalophobe

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

At first there were so many Superman/Hulk fanboys so the haters arose, then the fanboys died out and the haters still remained. Now only a small rebel group of Hulk/Superman fanboys remain.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Lol

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By YoungJustice

I just find them both stale. I wouldn't call myself a hater. I am not a fan or hater.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Everyone hates them? Man, I guess I wasn't CC'd on that e-mail because last I knew they both had a lot of fans.

btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By btmt

@TheCrowbar said:

@Bane_of_sith: People hate winners.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Oh, boohoo if you think some characters beat others by someone you don't think should while someone else thinks so. Taking your PPG vs Hulk example. Hulk has terrible combat speed, it's why guys like Daredevil, Cap, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Daken have dodged around Hulk characters before and these girls have broken the time barrier while zig zagging around the city (showing perception ability to not run into anything) and have flown around the planet in seconds. And even though they have some low feats like getting stuck in fly paper, they have some feats like lifting up mountains. If someone were to focus on that, then yeah they might have a case. And in advance "but Hulk breaks planets.". Good for him, not every punch will break a planet and he has to hit them first. And someone doesn't need to break a planet to beat him. Someone capable of lifting a mountain coupled with their speed would definitely be enough to KO him. If someone has a case that actually makes sense and doesn't reek of fanboyism, it isn't hate.

I'm not trying to start a debate here (I'm not even saying the PPG or Hulk win, PPG feats are incredibly inconsistent),my point is if a character has a set ability that allows them to win, regardless of status and popularity, then people will make a case and reasonable debaters actually did that. I've been here almost two years so I can actually go and point those people out.Now granted yeah, every character will have haters, popular characters will have haters. Hell, even my top 3 characters being Cyclops, Emma Frost and Wolverine, I can say there is plenty of hate or calling them overrated and it doesn't bug me. So why get riled up and make a thread complaining about such a trivial matter? Maybe it is just you or some other users that just couldn't stand the idea of Hulk, this green monster of unlimited rage and a Marvel icon for decades, would lose to 3, very powerful 5 year old girls and that is the real bias.

GillaDro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GillaDro

I think most people loved Superman as a kid, but now that they have grown older they'e come to realize that noone can be that perfect, noone is that humble all the time , and since he can pretty much do anything and is pretty much invincible, he has become boring to them. His whole personality is fake and very unrelatable to anyone. Everyone does wrong sometimes, everyone makes mistakes. He is more of a childrens character.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I've always liked Hulk. Superman however I'm not fussed with, the only thing I do like is the first 2 original movies.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mercy_

@Bluefox170: No f-bombs, please.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NerdsFTW

Pretty sure I love Hulk and don't hate Superman.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I have always loved the hulk character (and am huge fan of Red Hulk) but feel superman is by far the least interesting of all the "Superman-esque" characters in Comics.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

In the case of Hulk, I don't think to many people actually hate him, I think it's just that on this board most people realize that he's really a very limited character. When you get right down to it he's really just a brick. Yes, he might be the strongest brick there is, but his options of what he can do is still rather limited. Yes he may beat Thor or Surfer in the comics, but that's largely PIS. If either of those guys used their abilities (that the writers seem to forget about when they face Hulk), then Hulk really should be getting stomped by them. So it's not really Hulk hate it's just that honestly if the guy he's fighting is almost as strong is him, but is much faster and has energy manipulating powers that he lacks then pretty much the only reason he wins in the comics is PIS, and most people on this board realize that.

As for Superman. He's harder to explain, but I know a lot of people that just think he's a boring character. Not saying I agree with that, but that seems to be the general consensus among his haters.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Bluefox170

@Mercy_ said:

@Bluefox170: No f-bombs, please.

My deepest apologies ;)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Moonchilde:  

In the case of Hulk, I don't think to many people actually hate him, I think it's just that on this board most people realize that he's really a very limited character. When you get right down to it he's really just a brick. Yes, he might be the strongest brick there is, but his options of what he can do is still rather limited. Yes he may beat Thor or Surfer in the comics, but that's largely PIS. If either of those guys used their abilities (that the writers seem to forget about when they face Hulk), then Hulk really should be getting stomped by them. So it's not really Hulk hate it's just that honestly if the guy he's fighting is almost as strong is him, but is much faster and has energy manipulating powers that he lacks then pretty much the only reason he wins in the comics is PIS, and most people on this board realize that.

As for Superman. He's harder to explain, but I know a lot of people that just think he's a boring character. Not saying I agree with that, but that seems to be the general consensus among his haters. 

Agreed, although another popular excuse Superman haters have is that he's too "overpowered'
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gravitypress

Why do you have to either love or hate something? Both characters are ok to me at best but to hate is a strong emotion.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Typhion

Didn't know people hated either. Hulk is a great concept, and frankly superman is good because he is an epitome of good. We need that in our fiction/fantasy. I get tired of people saying he's a boy scout. So what? Superman comics have long featured him struggling internally with "what is the right and good thing to do?" That's part of his story. People who pull the boyscout card only see the surface, and not the strength of character and the turmoil that the character goes through every day. That's part of why he'll always be an icon. If people hate that, then they have the problem in my opinion.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Well said Typhion!!! I hate that boy scout crap...it's insulting IMO. Hulk also struggles with his powers all the time, and WWH shows the sacrifice he's willg to make for the safety of others. Yet so many just call him a brick,,I hate that

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Lack of knowledge.

preconceived standards of what is "cool"

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TheAcidSkull:

regardless of that , the fact that someone made a ppg vs hulk battle shows that the guy hated the character, why in the world would anyone make a HULK VS PPG battle? thats what annoys me. And sometimes people Even say kalibak would beat hulk, which is not true, i get characters have haters but on Comic Vine , hulks hate rains supreme . i usually ignore the haters , but sometimes it does bug me

It's the battle forums. There are thousands of more ridiculous threads than that and the Hulk vs PPG has actually sparked a debate. You don't know the OP's intentions, he could be a Hulk hater, idk or maybe he thought it was a good idea that some thought was a failed but turned out into an actual debate which is the point.

I can think of a few more characters that people hate more than Hulk. My favorites being possible candidates and I'm used to that by now.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Blood1991

Most hated characters on CV

• Storm
  • Cyclops
  • Emma Frost
  • Superman
  • Hulk(s)
  • Hal Jordan
  • Thor

All are great characters that no one is forcing you to like.

shrimc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shrimc

People don't like them because they feel they are overpowered, however when contrasted with the villains they face, they're not overpowered, plus the Hulk on his own is great character, he kind of like Jekyll and Hyde, however Hyde is still a hero. Superman is the moral compass of the comic book world always doing the right thing, in fact when he does mess up it's usually because he goes overboard in trying to protect humanity from itself. They're great characters it's just that they (superman especially) are the most well known so it's a way for some hardcore fans to feel above the casual fan, "Oh, you like Superman, what are you 10! (insert other superhero) is way more interesting."

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991: Only cause of the raindrops, without them, people would be indifferent to Storm.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Blood1991

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@Blood1991: Only cause of the raindrops, without them, people would be indifferent to Storm.

Sigh the army was defeated and only three known surving raindrops remain, but the damage is done. Comic Vine makes hit hard on a Storm fan with a lick of sense, same for all the characters listed oh and Thor I forgot to add him. I shall edit.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991: pats

I blame cv for my Thor dislike lol

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Blood1991

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@Blood1991: pats

I blame cv for my Thor dislike lol

Poor Thor beatin from all angles. I can't say I like Thor either, but that was long before I came here lol. Regardless great character with alot of history. The only character I truely hate is Red She Hulk, luckly I think everyone dislikes her so I don't feel bad about it lol.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991: Haha

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Superman is ok, but i'm not that into him.

Honestly I just don't like the Hulk to be honest, He runs like a retard, screams like a teenage girl and hes a cartoon character...even movie version of him is just to cartoonish... Nothing realistic about him and as I said, His style sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Guy who made this thread may hate Hulk hater, but I flat out hate that big green, running like a retard, Hulk thing... I can't stand Hulk fanboys who cheerlead him on too................

stastny1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By stastny1986

I have never seen much hatred for Superman but Hulk is constantly getting either overrated or underrated. People claiming that he can beat anyone because of his anger or people claiming that if he ever wins a battle is because of PIS and really he is one of the weakest and if anyone loses to him they were really holding back or they let him win and other bullshit like that.

besides there's no such thing as PIS it's just something angry fan boys came up with to make their favorites invincible or try to explain different authors changing characters power levels.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

hating a fictional character is pointless. unless its only hating batman.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

hating a fictional character is pointless. unless its only hating batman.

Pfft.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

There may be more powerful comic characters but none have made an impact like they have.

Going to stop you right there. No way has the Hulk made more of an impact than Spider-man.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By Wolverine008

Those two are among some of the most popular and loved comic characters of all time. However few haters they have, they are largely overshadowed by people who love them and are fans.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@squares said:

@bane_of_sith said:

There may be more powerful comic characters but none have made an impact like they have.

Going to stop you right there. No way has the Hulk made more of an impact than Spider-man.

...Yeah. Peter is still Marvel's flagship character...and he's currently dead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@squares said:

@bane_of_sith said:

...Yeah. Peter is still Marvel's flagship character...and he's currently dead.

He's not dead, he just...transferred to a different reality. You know, the Ultimate universe.

...at least I THINK he's still there.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rogueshadow  Moderator
@squares said:

@bane_of_sith said:

I agree I think culturally Spidey is the most universally impactive character. Some aspect of him resonates with most people.

As to the question, I don't think people hate the characters so much as they hate their fanboys.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#47  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@squares said:

@bane_of_sith said:

I agree I think culturally Spidey is the most universally impactive character. Some aspect of him resonates with most people.

As to the question, I don't think people hate the characters so much as they hate their fanboys.

true dat.

Although I think Hulk is boring as heck. But whatever. To each his own.

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

Every thread I read seems to be filled with haters! Superman and the Hulk are two of the biggest and best heroes in comics. There may be more powerful comic characters but none have made an impact like they have. Spiderman and some others as well, but it's seems no one take the brunt of the hate like they do...quite frankly it pisses me off and I'm tired of seeing posts about the hulk being beaten by power puff girls!!!!

1. Powerpuff Girls are awesomely ridiculously powerful with more powers than both Superman and Hulk put together. So yeah they would win.
  2. The reason for the hate it they are too good for a small but vocal group to believe. Superman when written poorly comes off a Superior almost Christ-like figure that is unrealatable. Hulk is a Docter Jekel/Hyde character who comes off in many cases as being too good when in his Hulk persona.
  3. The other reason people hate them is they are the poster-boys for the "too powerful" characters. Superman had superpowers like Super-math and Hulk grows to different sizes depending on the story need. One story he gets 7 feet tall others he is 15 feet tall.
Fan_Not_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT I'VE BEEN ARGUING THAT FOR MONTHS

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers