was pondering this yesterday as its a bit odd in some ways that one of the only superheroes without any super powers seems in some ways to be the most popular of all with comic book fans. Wonder why people think this is? Is it the fact that because he is the most human of all we relate most to him, compared with the more god like superman. Either that or is it a combination of the following..
1) The 1960s tv series that many of my generation watched, giving us our first taste of a superhero.
2) the James bond style gadgets,
3) the brooding bad boy persona that is perhaps cooler than boy scout clark,
4) the fact that batman was the only hero in the late 80s and 90s to get any films, therefore hooking another generation of fans who had no other superhero character to watch on the big screen, i.e all you people currently aged between 25 and 30
5) The brilliant Chris Nolan films.
6) he has to use guile and cunning due to the fact that he doesn't have super powers
7) his enemies, particularly Joker, Penguin and Riddler have such a long history and are such strong characters themselves.
What do you lot think?