• 53 results
#1 Posted by justice teen (478 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats wrong with Wonder Woman and Superman, that's right with Batman and Superman. What can Batwonder offer that's soo much better than Superwonder( ya I know but I couldn't help myself)?

#2 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18462 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really like either relationship to be honest.

Although the SM/WW book had amazing art, so I'll read it for a few issues at least.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone in the Trinity should date, it should be business only.

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (44063 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Wonder Woman for the win.

#5 Posted by Wolfrazer (7269 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#6 Posted by Zmasonite (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: "Batman and Wonder Woman for the win."

Agreed

#7 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2010 posts) - - Show Bio

SM/WW

@wolverine08 said:

Honestly that's one of the dumbest relationship in comics. SM/WW actually makes sense and they are similar and a good fit for each other if Batman ever wanted a super heroine as a girl friend Catwoman would be a perfect fit. While for Superman ,Wonder Woman would be the best fit although the SM/WW relationship hasn't been handeled very well in the New 52 Kingdom Come is all the proof I need.

#8 Posted by Wolverine08 (44063 posts) - - Show Bio

SM/WW

@wolverine08 said:

Honestly that's one of the dumbest relationship in comics. SM/WW actually makes sense and they are similar and a good fit for each other if Batman ever wanted a super heroine as a girl friend Catwoman would be a perfect fit, While for Superman Wonder Woman would be the best fit.

I guess. I just have nostalgia left from the DCAU cartoons :D

#9 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: to my knowledge that's where it came about, or at least was made more prominent. Outside of JLUA I never came across those two having any sort of relationship. Similarly though neither did WW and Superman really, but it fits logic.

The primary love interests for Bruce to me are from his Rogues gallery such as Catwoman and Talia. Those are the more interesting and more "fitting" to me. For Superman it's Lois or Lana, however (and especially within N52) WW fits too, since they have more surface commonality as characters. But again, that's just me. All this stuff is subjective.

#10 Edited by The Stegman (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

SM/WW

@wolverine08 said:

Honestly that's one of the dumbest relationship in comics. SM/WW actually makes sense and they are similar and a good fit for each other if Batman ever wanted a super heroine as a girl friend Catwoman would be a perfect fit, While for Superman Wonder Woman would be the best fit.

None of it makes since. One's a farmboy with good, American values, one's a warrior princess from a race of immortals, one's a brooding playboy. They have nothing in common with one another.

It's best when they just stay friends

#11 Posted by Black_Arrow (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

SM/WW

@wolverine08 said:

No of it makes since. One's a farmboy with good, American values, one's a warrior princess from a race of immortals, one's a brooding playboy. They have nothing in common with one another.

It's best when they just stay friends

Totally this.

#12 Posted by Scrotes (87 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22318 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

This.

yuuuuuuuup

#14 Edited by JetiiMitra (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Superman/Wonder Woman. Sue me.

I'm pretty sure most people who like BM/WW get it from JL. It was moved into the DCU but people support it because of JL.

But don't forget the third option. SM/BM.

#15 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2010 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: I totally agree I'm just saying BM/WW is an incredibly dumb relationship and at least SM/WW makes sense both are gods amongst men they both sometimes feel lonely like they don't belong. Superman was Zod's 2nd in command fort he Kryptonian Army. It has nothing to do with one being a warrior and the other being from Kansas, Batman is a Detective and Catwoman is a Thief yet it's still an incredible pairing.

SM/WW

@wolverine08 said:

I guess. I just have nostalgia left from the DCAU cartoons :D

True the cartoons were incredible but the writers and creators of those cartoons all favoured Batman over Superman and it clearly shows throughout each animated series.

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (44063 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Don't think they favored Batman per say. They just nerfed Superman. I believe they even said that they played him down because they weren't sure how to correctly right such a powerful character.

#17 Posted by Farkam (4958 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm indifferent to either.

#18 Posted by The Stegman (25165 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I'm just picturing Supes and WW's convos when sitting down at dinner.

Superman: "So...how was..erm...fighting Hades, lord of the dead?"

Wonder Woman: "It was very challenging, yes, he slew many of my sisters but we ultimately relied on the Phallanx formation and won by encroaching on his territory and defeating his hellspawn."

Superman: "Right..that's...good"

Wonder Woman: "Indeed...how was...working at your newspaper?"

Superman: "...I interviewed a local dairy farmer's opinion on the shrinking agricultural market. It was intense"

#19 Posted by SOG7dc (7564 posts) - - Show Bio

i enjoy the superman and WW pairing very much.

#20 Posted by judasnixon (6703 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care for ether.........

#21 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2010 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Don't think they favored Batman per say. They just nerfed Superman. I believe they even said that they played him down because they weren't sure how to correctly right such a powerful character.

No they favoured him no doubt for the exact reason you stated they were more fond of the realistic character than a god like one in any case you always have to nerf a powerful character it's something that's plagued power characters like Superman, Hulk and Thor not just in TV shows but in movies, video games and even comics.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I'm just picturing Supes and WW's convos when sitting down at dinner.

Superman: "So...how was..erm...fighting Hades, lord of the dead?"

Wonder Woman: "It was very challenging, yes, he slew many of my sisters but we ultimately relied on the Phallanx formation and won by encroaching on his territory and defeating his hellspawn."

Superman: "Right..that's...good"

Wonder Woman: "Indeed...how was...working at your newspaper?"

Superman: "...I interviewed a local dairy farmer's opinion on the shrinking agricultural market. It was intense"

hahaha that's funny but she could just ask him how it went fighting General Zod this morning.

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (44063 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by GraniteSoldier (8589 posts) - - Show Bio

There always seems to be a push or concern over female heroes being "with" someone, versus many male characters who are single and there is little if any attention paid to their relationship life. If it doesn't flow or make sense, then I don't think it should be forced. Nothing wrong with a woman flying solo.

I think people prefer Batman/Wonder Woman over Wonder Woman/Superman because Batman and Wonder Woman just seem to compliment each other better. She offsets Bruce's dark and broody behavior with a more positive and lighter personality. Plus her strength/speed/etc add muscle to Bruce's intellect and detective skills.

I liked their implied relationship in the JLU cartoon, I thought they were cute together.

#24 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2010 posts) - - Show Bio

which bugs me but it happens to some street level guys also mainly Wolverine and Black Panther never Batman or Spider-Man and on occasion Captain America.

#25 Edited by justice teen (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: But do we see this with superman and batman in a brotherlly way.

Also I feel Wonder Woman x Superman relationship is more interesting. They are lovers that must deal with elements such: wanting to be together but the masses are against their relationship out of fear, who are alone until they find each other, and are at constant threat of powerful beings seeing their union as a threat. While batman need Talia because: He will constantly have to batter over his duties as the dark night and his feeling for Talia and potential happiness, while she must battle over her love for Bruce and obligations to her father.

#26 Edited by BloodTalon (440 posts) - - Show Bio

I like SM /WW way better than BM /WW. BM /WW is one of the stupidest ideas I have herd. Ok maybe not the stupidest but it is dumb there personalities just don't match up BM is way to manipulative and WW will never put up with that she is also violent and would not put up with BM's do as I say but not as I do mentality.

SM /WW works well to me, just saying.

#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/Wonder Woman had precedence in the DCAU and people like it for that reason. It's cute, alright, but I'm starting to agree with the mindset that no one in the Trinity should be touching each other's bits.

#28 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally 100% this. No one in the Trinity should move outside of staying close friends at best. None of this romantic rubbish that seems to be plaguing the Trinity as of late. Though Batman and Wonder Woman was at least done well which is more than I can say for Superman and Wonder Woman.

#29 Edited by Deadgod (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Supes & WW relationship makes more sense then Bats & WW but i agree no one in the trinity should be dating

#30 Posted by justice teen (478 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone explain why no one in the trinity should date.

#31 Edited by toplel (940 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly because while one has been absolutely crap in all its incarnations, the other, as rare as it may be, has offered some very interesting prospects and potential for development. However, its best if WW has a love interest from her own mythos in order to avoid being overshadowed and so she can develop on her own terms.

#32 Posted by justice teen (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel: that does make sense, but in the current incarnations Wonder seems to be overshadowing superman

#33 Posted by toplel (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@justice_teen: Not really. Johns screwed her over good and Soule's trying to make her seem more important, but its too forced.

#34 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6255 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and WW

#35 Posted by Bierschneeman (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

@the_stegman said:

This.

yuuuuuuuup

this

and also I have outright hate for Superman wonder woman, Ive seen it before and its awful....in Dark Knight Strikes Again, Superman basically dominates wonder woman. in All Star Batman and Robin, he Tames her, proving that all she needs is a man to show her what fer. in Red Son she again plays a deeply submissive role. there are more but ill stop there.

Wonder Woman should never pl;ay a submissive role, and why does the most powerful woman in the world need to start a relationship with the only man who is more powerful than she is....so she can be in a submissive role

#36 Posted by Husk (457 posts) - - Show Bio

theres a sordid history with Wonder Woman, and its a step in the wrong direction after a good recent track record.

Id like to compare it to when they depowered her way back in the days post WW2... but it isn't nearly as bad.

in Elseworlds the Superman Wonder Woman has been done several times before... and everytime its been a jumping on point for her submitting to his might. It almost writes itself , why does the most powerful female hero have to pair up with a more powerful male counterpart, intended or not its a message of control. he is there to control and passivate her. and in Frank Millers abominations...tame her. you can't remove the tainted past of this relationship. you can't remove the stigma that the most powerful woman in the world, Must fall in love with the one man that can overpower her.

written well or not, its insulting....

And beyond that, Wonder Woman, of all super heroes should remain a complete an utter role model, through and through. she should never falter. there are plenty of male superheroes, who lack weakness... Wonder Woman should be the shining example of the same strength of will.

#37 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (5587 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike it because I enjoy Clark/Lois.

It's not a bad paring to have SM/WW but it's not what I'd like to see, but hey, writers do what they want :)

#38 Posted by justice teen (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@husk: @bierschneeman: Those were really good points that I never thought about, but what if they did it to where neither plays a dominate or submissive role but an equal one. Diana has always been shown to be a political warrior, and Clark has shown to be an ingenious reporter that never plays both sides and gathers as much as he can. With that being said maybe the two can combine their strengths and make up for each others individual weakness.

#39 Edited by darkman61288 (770 posts) - - Show Bio

@justice_teen: @wishiwassuperman: The Bat Wonder romance dates before the DCAU during Joe Kelly's run on JLA. They kissed in Obsidian Age and dated in JLA# 80. They ended the romance in JLA# 90. It also was done in Superman Batman Generations 3. They do match just not in a easy way to see. Both are warriors. Bats is a modern warrior, WW is a ancient warrior. Both are the wisest members from the league. Their likenesses are there.

This is what Diana sees in Bruce:

#40 Edited by JediXMan (31026 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Wonder Woman can never be together because they need to be with humans. If they are with each other, they will have no anchor with humanity. They will become like gods without somebody to keep them grounded.

See: Injustice. I'm not using Injustice as the basis of my argument, because I have thought that long before Injustice came out, but it's a good example of what I'm talking about.

#41 Posted by PowerWoman (3457 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can overpower wonder woman?Pre-crisis,Yes,Pre-52,a bit,New 52?

DC writter said wonder woman almost equal superman in power level more than once,and even Azz's tell us superman isnt stronger than wonder woman

I'm a big superman fans,Pre-crisis superman absolutely destroy her.Pre-52 superman is more powerful than her,but if new 52 wonder woman can 100% as strong as superman or even MORE POWERFUL than superman(god-mode)I would rather accept

Enjoy it

#42 Posted by Toa_Manaia (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok Batman will never question you and your love life again...lol

#43 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@justice_teen: @wishiwassuperman: The Bat Wonder romance dates before the DCAU during Joe Kelly's run on JLA. They kissed in Obsidian Age and dated in JLA# 80. They ended the romance in JLA# 90. It also was done in Superman Batman Generations 3. They do match just not in a easy way to see. Both are warriors. Bats is a modern warrior, WW is a ancient warrior. Both are the wisest members from the league. Their likenesses are there.

This is what Diana sees in Bruce:

Those references are from 2002, while the JL animated series started in 2001. Essentially the "romance" link was established around the same time then, but was pushed much further in the animated series - which is what I recalled. Also it's not like they dated between issues 80 and 90, they were SUPPOSED to go on a date in 80, but never did (Bruce backed out) and then by 90 they decided to just be friends. So really this romance everyone talks about int eh comics isn't really there - it's much more heavily influenced by the animated series - which was the point.

You could also mention an uninvited kiss from Bruce to Diana from the Trinity series of comics (but that happened later as well).

Also - if people want to get technical, DC paired up WW and Superman several times throughout their history - although back to the 60's as far as I recall.

#44 Edited by darkman61288 (770 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by PapiNacho (2939 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair BM/WW is not universally preferred over SM/WW. I prefer it and a lot of the JLAS fans prefer it but mostly fans just plain don't like SM/WW because of Lois, how it is written and a variety of other factors. To be honest although I would personally be happy if BM/WW happened (organically and not as a result of cheating or sudden bullshit)most people would probably whine just as much as they are now.

@wishiwassuperman: On that note there is actually hilarious BM/WW pre-crisis story, so technically the idea is not really new. I will however, be the first to admit that particular comic was full of Batwankery. Still really funny thought.

#46 Posted by darkman61288 (770 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by PapiNacho (2939 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkman61288: Can't remember the number but it was a story about Batgirl and Wonder Woman pretending to be in love with Batman, only to later fall in love with him for real.

#48 Posted by Havenless (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the main issues I foresee people having is that Superman has one of comics' most iconic relationships, whereas Batman and Wonder Woman are usually single... or at least change significant others enough not to have a definite one.

People like to see popular characters end up with each other, it's human nature. But it's not Wonder Woman that's the problem, Superman ending up with anyone BUT Lois kind of fractures his mythos. When he dates someone like Dianna, everyone knows it won't last because of Lois, so it's kind of pointless.

I don't feel this way, but I think general audiences might.

#49 Posted by darkman61288 (770 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: True. That is one reason. Others include that some people are worried that WW will become only know as Superman's girlfriend and become a supporting character. I view that won't with dating Batman because of the contrast between the two.

#50 Posted by veronicacris (113 posts) - - Show Bio

SM/WW

@wolverine08 said:

Honestly that's one of the dumbest relationship in comics. SM/WW actually makes sense and they are similar and a good fit for each other if Batman ever wanted a super heroine as a girl friend Catwoman would be a perfect fit. While for Superman ,Wonder Woman would be the best fit although the SM/WW relationship hasn't been handeled very well in the New 52 Kingdom Come is all the proof I need.

SMWW are too similar to have chemistry with each other, they are a bland couple. catwoman isn't even a superheroine.