• 54 results
DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarthAznable

It's strange how they haven't mentioned Tim Drake or Jason Todd in their recent animated movies. Dick even makes a comment during Batman vs Robin about him being the only Robin in his own eyes. I know Tim Drake has actually gotten a decent amount of exposure before the new 52 animated movies with his role as Robin in New Batman Adventures and Young Justice. Jason Todd however has gotten minimal. He gets briefly mentioned in YJ and a brief cameo in Teen Titans. Oh and the Red Hood movie which is one if not, their best animated Batman movie.

No Caption Provided

Tim on the other hand had an incredibly long running solo series that made the Robin character less of a joke and established him as his own character.

With DC's hardon for Damian, it feels as though none of the other Robins even mattered at this point. Even Dick isn't that important either tbh but he at least exists. DC why do this to my two favorite Batfamily members?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because they're the only Robins worth a damn.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure. Nightwing is easy to market I guess and Damian had the appeal of being Batman's biological son. Tim Drake is Robin in the Arkham series though, that's something.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Jason Todd.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cause their idiots

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim's gotten a nice bit of exposure over the years in cartoons, not to mention being the leader of the Teen Titans in the comics for the last several years.

Jason doesn't get much because his only historical significance is getting murdered horribly (sidekicks in refridgerators)

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wut

Jason Todd had a huge impact already.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hate Damien,,,,stupid little prick...

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"only like Dick"

Lol

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim will always be Robin 2.0, the fill in. Nobody liked Jason as Robin, but after his revival and even today is popular. Look at how much people hate Red Hood and the outlaws, yet it's still going strong with good sales.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Cuz DCee iz stoopid.

Beata

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Well Nightwing is known to be a fan-favourite with his own series over the year. No idea about Damian though.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick is awesome. Fck Damian.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jason Todd is a better version of Damian. Honestly it annoys me Batman has a child in the first place. I'm not a Damian hater, but I'm not a big fan either.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarthAznable

@jasonhawke said:

wut

Since when? DC basically forgot about him movie wise after Under the Red Hood. Don't even mention the pre order dlc bull for Arkham Knight.

@rdclip said:

Tim's gotten a nice bit of exposure over the years in cartoons, not to mention being the leader of the Teen Titans in the comics for the last several years.

Jason doesn't get much because his only historical significance is getting murdered horribly (sidekicks in refridgerators)

Please read the OP. I'm talking New 52 animated movies. You just said what I already did. Also I'm talking Red Hood, not Jason as Robin.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Their all interesting characters to me. But I myself like Tim and Jason more. Jason is the most fascinating.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many Robins, too many Batgirls, hell..too many Batmen for my tastes, but of all the Robins, Tim was my favorite. Back in the day, I always knew that Son of the Demon trade was going to lead to trouble.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many Robins, too many Batgirls, hell..too many Batmen for my tastes, but of all the Robins, Tim was my favorite. Back in the day, I always knew that Son of the Demon trade was going to lead to trouble.

Now that you mention it, where are the Batgirls too? I know there's a lot of them but still. It's like the Batfamily in movies only consists of Alfred, Batman, Damian, and Dick.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

It all lies with who writes the cheques and who they like best.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@skit said:

Tim will always be Robin 2.0, the fill in.

You mean the one that perfected and best exemplifies the role?

@moul said:

@darthaznable: Tim Drake is the worst character ever, I hate him

The average demographic of users here on CV were born between 1989 and 2009. Meaning most of us grew up with Tim as our Robin. So...I'd be careful where you sling that mud.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I don't care. Tim Drake has no personality, he's just Robin. Dick grew up and became Nightwing, Jason became Red Hood, Tim became................."Red Robin" L.O.L. Pathetic.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

@jaken7: I don't care. Tim Drake has no personality, he's just Robin. Dick grew up and became Nightwing, Jason became Red Hood, Tim became................."Red Robin" L.O.L. Pathetic.

Loading Video...

You clearly haven't read any Tim Drake. LOL One of the most dynamic characters in the batfamily not having a personality. lel

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JakeN7

@moul said:

Because he's still the best choice for the role, and was forced out of it in the first place. It's more of a transitionary persona than a complete new one. Both Dick and Jason wanted to step out of Bruce's shadow and become their own heroes (or in Jason's case, antihero). Tim didn't. He's comfortable being a Robin and the heir to Batman's mantle.

He's also been Batman before in Pre-Flashpoint, and Future's End Tim is the new canon Batman Beyond.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I guess DC wanted to cut the fat and Fick and Damian are the ones that made the most sense to them. It's a shame for fans of Tim and Jay.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I'd imagine Dick and Damian get the spotlight now because

- Nightwing grew up into his own character and thats largely sunk into the minds of the known mythos around Batman.

- Damian is Robin right now, same as Tim was the Robin in BTAS and the comics back in the day.

- That Tim and Jason are now off in different franchises where Batman isn't a mandatory feature.

-About Teen Titans while it was assumed it was Dick who was the Robin of the team, it's not actually been confirmed anywhere, and Robin there combined several aspects of both Dick and Tim into one, great acrobat (Dick), tech-sacy (Tim), temper (Dick), bo-staff (Tim) and a few other bits.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-About Teen Titans while it was assumed it was Dick who was the Robin of the team, it's not actually been confirmed anywhere, and Robin there combined several aspects of both Dick and Tim into one, great acrobat (Dick), tech-sacy (Tim), temper (Dick), bo-staff (Tim) and a few other bits.

It was confirmed.

Loading Video...

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason is a filthy street urchin who is supposed to end with his death

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Thats not really a confirmation... and the trip Raven took into his head was better :) Anyways, my point was that TT Robin was a mix of Dick and Tim, he has Dick's name and past, but he wears Tim's first costume.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Because Dick was the original Robin, and he has the biggest fan-base out of all the Robins...Damian is "the son of Batman" and everything that has Batman's name on it, sells.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

If you ask me, "why does DC treats Jason, Tim, and many other characters so bad?"...then the answer is this:

@allstarsuperman said:

Cause their idiots

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Captain13

They probably think there are too many and want to phase the others out. Tim is my favorite one though. ;-(

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I never said he wasn't better, just that he acts as replacement and to a certain degree, the middle child of the robins.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JakeN7

@skit said:

@jaken7: I never said he wasn't better, just that he acts as replacement and to a certain degree, the middle child of the robins.

Oh, well, yeah. True enough.

@outside_85 said:

@jaken7: Anyways, my point was that TT Robin was a mix of Dick and Tim, he has Dick's name and past, but he wears Tim's first costume.

That was also the case with the B:TAS Robin as well. It's not the same as Tim actually being in the show. These creators clearly intend for the character to be Dick Grayson, but a precedent has been set for them taking aspects of other Robins and incorporating them into Dick.

HopeOnFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Tim had his own movie like Damian and Jason did, then his popularity would skyrocket too.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Telcalipoca

complicated to the people .the general audience who view the tv shows and movies dont follow comics thus dont know of the bat clan history, and to bring tim or todd you have to explain why the robin everyone knows(dick) isnt a robin. for todd you have to explain that dick quit then batman found some random kid. tim dick quit, jason died and now there he is . with damian its easy dick grew up became his own hero and batman had a son bam new robin explained.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By youknowwhattodo

In the case of the Teen Titans animated show and Dick Grayson, with the exception of the equipment, the Robin that was on the show seemed to be based on the New Teen Titans Dick Grayson. Grayson in that comic was an acrobat and a leader, but he was also tech savvy, prone to anger and emotionally distant for a lot of the series. One of the key bits of character development in that series was Dick Grayson moving away from the path he was head towards as the younger version of Batman. The Dick Grayson in that comicbook (which is what a lot of the show was based on) is not the same as the Dick Grayson we have now.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing has the appeal of being the first Robin

Damian has the appeal of being Batman's biological son...

Tim and Jason essentially have nothing...

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red hood dlc

Red hood in suicide squad

Red hood in bvs

Red hood in future batman film

I read the op,didn't care

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

Ehhh, Tim was good....kinda. :D

Tim was so plain I wouldn't call him vanilla, he was like shaved ice.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

Ehhh, Tim was good....kinda. :D

Tim was so plain I wouldn't call him vanilla, he was like shaved ice.

Hahaha, nice one. You're right there. His best days were as Red Robin.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kramotz

well, nightwing is easy to market, as he was the first robin, fans don't like change and he simply has the most potential as a character. damian is getting the push and is being forced down fans' throats by dc/wb. i don't mind him, but i also don't like the prospect of bruce having a blood son unless it's terry mcginnis. damian's push is failing really hard, though, and more fans are starting to dislike him rather than the reverse.

tim drake is simply the worst bat son in the bat family. he's a carbon copy of bruce, doesn't have any potential as a character, and, in general, doesn't have a unique and distinguishable personality of his own; not including him in movies is a good move, as he's not a fan favorite nor does he have enough potential to be pushed like damian is. why do you think, as time passes, tim drake is gradually being fazed out and absorbed by dick grayson (a move which i am glad is becoming more popular)? in the teen titans animated series, dick was robin, but used a bo staff like and had the intellect of tim drake. in young justice, dick, as robin, was tech savvy and smart like tim, and had a robin suit similar to tim's. now, in the new 52, dick has completely stole tim drake's only claim to fame - his intelligence. like i said, good move, as that's the only defining trait about tim drake - a trait which dick can easily use in conjunction with a tenfold better character (like he has in teen titans, young justice and the new 52).

jason is simply a highly unnecessary character, like tim drake. save for under the red hood, he has no story potential, which has always been his main problem as a character. yes, he was absolutely amazing in under the red hood, but that's it; it was the only storyline he ever was good in. just like tim, jason too is being fazed out, due to being inadequate.

in general, i like what dc's doing. dick grayson will always be the most popular bat son, for good reasons, and damian is really the only other bat son (excluding terry mcginnis, of course) who is capable of getting fans out of their seats, either out of anger or excitement, and driving a compelling storyline. as @thatguywithheadphones said:

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke said:

wut

Since when? DC basically forgot about him movie wise after Under the Red Hood. Don't even mention the pre order dlc bull for Arkham Knight.

@rdclip said:

Please read the OP. I'm talking New 52 animated movies. You just said what I already did. Also I'm talking Red Hood, not Jason as Robin.

There's only been like 4 new52 animated movies. There are at least 2 dozen more popular characters who will never get their own animated movie or even get to be in one. Just be happy Jason Todd got a movie about him at all.