#1 Edited by Lovenuggets (64 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm getting back into comics and I've just finished reading Suicide Squad and Green Lantern: New Guardians, my lord there is ads on every page I've read, I got done finishing Wolverine an the X-men and there was hardly any ads that bothered me.

I understands for promotions but that's too much, makes me reconsider of reading much DC.

#2 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

The ads are better than Marvel stories.

#3 Posted by Lovenuggets (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel:

LOL, thats sorta true XD

#4 Posted by The Stegman (24453 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel:  

+10 pts for you.
#5 Posted by thenerdal (24 posts) - - Show Bio

You met Stan Lee? You lucky bastard.

#6 Posted by GothamRed (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause DC hates you...

#7 Posted by Lovenuggets (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm money huh, seems like a good waste of printing in my opinion...if DC hates me..ok kool...and as for Meeting Stan Lee, yes I've met him several times.

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Read digital comics. No ads until the end. :P

#9 Posted by Lovenuggets (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:

Ha Wish I could, I don't have a card on me. Just started a new job, don't have one as of yet so for RIGHT now I go to my local comic book store and by the copies there.

#10 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

#11 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah pretty much because they need the money. Compare their prices to marvels prices and their ads to marvel ads....

#12 Posted by Lovenuggets (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess I'm going to have to get use to it, Funny how I didn't see this many Ads in Wonder Woman's issues, I'm going to ready the New 52's Batman in a few mins.

#13 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lovenuggets: DC has the same amount of story pages, but its a dollar cheaper than Marvel comics. Thats why. I would much rather deal with ads than pay an extra dollar for the same content

#14 Edited by Lovenuggets (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

@Lovenuggets: DC has the same amount of story pages, but its a dollar cheaper than Marvel comics. Thats why. I would much rather deal with ads than pay an extra dollar for the same content

Very true, makes a lot of sense. Honestly I would love to have more Marvel comics but I just don't see anything from Marvel (Recent) I want to read and before the 1 day comic expo started I spent 3 days researching on what I wanted to read from Marvel....Just Spider Man and a X-men, and I've read that X-men Vs Avengers is "Meh", So I went ahead and started my comic book reading by buying Dc's 52's Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, and Batman (Night of the owls). Going to get Nightwing and Batgirl pretty soon.

I'm an obvious Batman fan >.>

#15 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Supreme Marvel:

+10 pts for you.
#16 Edited by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

I realized something about ads, they make the comic seem bigger/longer than it really is. So when you pick up the book off the shelf it feels heavy and thick so it's as if you're getting a good value.

#17 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

sad but true

#18 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

I buy them for the ads.

#19 Posted by Lovenuggets (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZEELLO said:

I realized something about ads, they make the comic seem bigger/longer than it really is. So when you pick up the book off the shelf it feels heavy and thick so it's as if you're getting a good value.

would you consider that as False advertisement? making it seem there are more pages then there actually is? just a question and a thought.

#20 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lovenuggets said:

@ZEELLO said:

would you consider that as False advertisement? making it seem there are more pages then there actually is? just a question and a thought.

Yes, this would constitute false advertising. Unless my theory is wrong and they don't do it on purpose.

#21 Posted by Billy Batson (58029 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Read digital comics. No ads until the end. :P

Read trades. No ads at all.
BB

#22 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

ah so digital comics have ads? but they aren't REAL ads, right, just ads for other comics or something? Right? Right??

#23 Posted by nickthedevil (12501 posts) - - Show Bio

I read trades. And Spawn has no ads in it whatsoever. So i really have no exposure to ads. Neer seen em in my comic books.

#24 Posted by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

Absolute LOL!