Why Does DC Always Auto "Win" ?

• 131 results
OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think what it is marvel and dc operate in different realities with different rules and physics what applies in one world dose not in the other... so when there is a cross over marvel is left with the sort straw as they have not taken there characters to the extreme some dc characters have.. you could argue that marvel can be more scaled down to real world potential but dc ... superman can move the earth .. i think there changing thought and eventually we will get a more realistic version of some of the otherwise overpowered characters, but batman still beats ironman and dc rocks :P

I would like to add that DC (Pre New 52) heroes power scaling is higher than Marvel's because of the presence of Superman. His powers are set so high that you have to scale up everyone in DC to keep the superheroes relevant around him on the JL - except Batman, though he too has seen his abilities increase from time to time. And you're right, the New 52 has scaled them back, prompting many fans to take a "wait and see" attitude with these new versions of the characters.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Posted by DogSoldier88 (288 posts) - 14 hours, 39 minutes ago - Show Bio

DC fans don't "run this site". But DC fans are more consistent in the threads they frequent, and the threads they avoid. In three years I've read a WHOLE lot more than I've posted, and I've observed that Hickman's Avengers are generally avoided, Dr. Strange is generally avoided, New 52 versions of DC characters are avoided, Superman gets a buff before the fight (sun dip), "Prep" doesn't have to be explained for Batman (or Tony Stark, for that matter), the term "PIS" is used too much, and the Hulk (whatever version) gets used as a measuring stick. Before you argue with my opinion, look at the post counts on threads involving Hickman's expanded Avengers versus anyone... or threads that involve the New 52 versions of characters. They pale in comparison to the spate of "Pre-52 Superman vs. __________" threads.

QFT

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More frequent than you realize

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

no DC doesn't auto-win. its just pure speculation. if the character is doom, surfer, thanos or above its auto-win for them. there are actually more marvel fans than DC fans here

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@feartheliving: Why do people separate themselves from each other? Why can't you like DC & Marvel?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@m3th said:

Fanboyism and tHe trutH is... DC fanboys run tHis site.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By FearTheLiving

@guru_crack: You can, and I do. Why do others pick a side? You'd have to ask them.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Because they don't read Image comics.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: haha I read Image, Dark Horse, DC, Marvel, Valiant, IDW & Boom. No point in sticking to anything have abit of variety.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack: Oh, I completely agree. All those companies have some great comics to offer - although I can't speak for Valiant, as of yet. But there's nothing wrong with having your favorites, either.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: True, my favourite is definitely DC but do love the others. IDW's current Turtles run is one of my favourites. I am enjoying the valiant universe.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

On one thread i read that flash could beat odin...

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack: Yeah, I want to start reading Valiant, maybe Archer & Armstrong, but that would require dropping one of my other books if I want to stay in budget, and I haven't decide which to drop just yet.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: Wait for one to get stale/boring. Archer and Armstrong is ok currently reading it. Just ordered volume 3.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This site is about even but this is mosty likely the only place you'll see DC even given a chance. Both have horrid Fanboys but at this point Marvel Fanboys rule Youtube. It's sad. A lot of channels aren't helping either with BS fights like Ironman Vs. batman (Which Batman won which was obvious BS) or Avengers Vs JL in which the Avengers won but it was obvious the JL would win Because it was the standard teams.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Welcome to Comic Vine! Where DC fans tend to reside! Hope you survive the experience!

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: Wait for one to get stale/boring. Archer and Armstrong is ok currently reading it. Just ordered volume 3.

Yeah, I'm planning to drop at least one next week. Any other Valiant suggestions?

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fanboys. And you can argue that DC characters are over powered.

I've seen them argue that Flash a galaxy buster, and superman destroys all.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a DC Fan, I just personally think the DC Universe is more powerful. At one point, I would have said it's less powerful than the Wildstorm Universe though, which seemed to have an odd amount of powerful characters at all levels.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: Well Archer & Armstrong is ok but only really reading them as I like the how the characters interact not really that much of a fan of the series. I did enjoy eternal Warrior, XO-Manowar & Bloodshot.l Just started harbinger and think that may be the best but only read 2 volumes.

Tex_The_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rd189:

There not really Overpowered. They go against just a powerful Villains and sometimes Villains who surpass them.

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure the OP's perspective is skewed. I don't visit battle forms much anymore, but I'm sure whoever said GL could beat Odin, was shot down immediately by Marvel fans telling him he was stupid. In fact, I've not seen one "fair" Marvel vs DC fight that wasn't split pretty evenly. From my perspective, I think Marvel fanboys "run" this site more than DC fan boys. My first day here, I said I didn't like Marvel as much as I used to, and got an email telling me not to "Marvel-Bash" The first time G-Man did a "Best thing in comics this week", he had more DC than Marvel stuff, and was accused of being "paid-off" by DC by Marvel fanboys. Even this thread makes me kinda believe a stereo-type. Marvel fans have a superiority complex, and are too easily offended when someone doesn't share their sensibilities. I mean, does it bother you that much that one guy said GL could beat Odin? So much you had to start a thread about it? I'm curious as to which poll @feartheliving is referencing? A DC vs Marvel thread comes out about twice a week, and every one I've seen has about a 50/50 split in the comments section.

Could agree more. By the way, there are more Sentry fanboys than Batman fanboys nowadays.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Posted by jas0 (295 posts) - 2 hours, 29 minutes ago - Show Bio

@manwhohaseverything said:

I'm sure the OP's perspective is skewed. I don't visit battle forms much anymore, but I'm sure whoever said GL could beat Odin, was shot down immediately by Marvel fans telling him he was stupid. In fact, I've not seen one "fair" Marvel vs DC fight that wasn't split pretty evenly. From my perspective, I think Marvel fanboys "run" this site more than DC fan boys. My first day here, I said I didn't like Marvel as much as I used to, and got an email telling me not to "Marvel-Bash" The first time G-Man did a "Best thing in comics this week", he had more DC than Marvel stuff, and was accused of being "paid-off" by DC by Marvel fanboys. Even this thread makes me kinda believe a stereo-type. Marvel fans have a superiority complex, and are too easily offended when someone doesn't share their sensibilities. I mean, does it bother you that much that one guy said GL could beat Odin? So much you had to start a thread about it? I'm curious as to which poll @feartheliving is referencing? A DC vs Marvel thread comes out about twice a week, and every one I've seen has about a 50/50 split in the comments section.

Could agree more. By the way, there are more Sentry fanboys than Batman fanboys nowadays.

There will NEVER be more Sentry fanboys than Batman fanboys, it's impossible.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I just support the one who is losing

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By RetconCrisis

You haven't been on enough then. There have been multiple threads where people agree that Thor beats Superman, DS Sentry beats Superman Prime, Galactus beats SCW Anti Monitor, Ultron beats Brainiac, Hulk beats- okay maybe Hulk doesn't beat people to often on CV, but the truth is I see a lot more Marvel readers on here than DC, especially because of people being turned off by the DC New 52.

Though I won't deny the corrupt power of the Church of Wenjun Chew and TheBatgod... Now that I've said that, I must return to my bomb shelter...

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Because batman unlike spiderman isn't blaming himself for everything...o wait yes he is. Cas superman unlike thor is not over powered... o wait yes he is. Cas wonderwoman is a much stronger female figure than carol danvers...o wait... maybe...no. O I got it, cas DC has a much more successful cartoon series on CN...O wait Disney Xd for marvel.

In all honesty it's because Dc has more brutality and rebel like qualities in the characters that are more interesting to most generations while marvel focuses on the younger crowd so as they grow up they will continue liking marvel comics.

DCstudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC heroes are stronger than Marvels