Why Does DC Always Auto "Win" ?

• 131 results
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm fairly new to this site okay . I've probably read hundreds of threads here & it doesn't matter who they're up against a DC character ALWAYS win ? Lol . I just saw something that said Green Lantern could beat Odin lol . Can someone please elaborate ?

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fanboyism and tHe trutH is... DC fanboys run tHis site.

Plus tHe DC Universe is filled witH ridiculous inconsistencies. A piece of KRYPTONITE can kill Superman if it is too close to Him, but He defeats a robot witH a KRYPTONITE Heart.

How about FlasH? Infinite Mass PuncH? But, CHeetaH was able to beat Him?

-ABstract4$$#073-

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

Plus tHe DC Universe is filled witH ridiculous inconsistencies. A piece of KRYPTONITE can kill Superman if it is too close to Him, but He defeats a robot witH a KRYPTONITE Heart.

How about FlasH? Infinite Mass PuncH? But, CHeetaH was able to beat Him?

-ABstract4$$#073-

This, not so much the reviewers but on the forum there is probably 2 DC fans for every 1 Marvel fan. (At least according to most polls, I also feel they're more vocal but that's just my opinion.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

Ignorance.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetH also forgot about Batsman. Dc Has bats. Bats never loses. Batsy is tHe true one above all.

-ABstract4$$#073-

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

@m3th said:

This.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FearTheLiving
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@uugieboogie: Possibly because you stuck your head into threads featuring characters from the Silver Age where the power levels were off the charts. (Try comparing Superman sneezing a galaxy out to Thanos using an ultrapowerful gadget to kill half a universe).

Another reason would be that the Big Guns of Marvel are not powered the same way the Big Guns of DC are and both companies have a vested interest in not trying to get into direct competition between characters since they could be sued for plagiarism if they become too similar in powers (like how DC brought down Fawsett due to Captain Marvel being too similar to Superman)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I feel you pain brother, only I and a few brave Marvel fans dare to talk up Marvel characters in these boards. Spider-Man for ever!!!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FearTheLiving
M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By M3th

@wolverine08: wHy does He Have a gorilla Head? I dont get it. Would you mind explaining?

-ABstract4$$#073-

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm sure the OP's perspective is skewed. I don't visit battle forms much anymore, but I'm sure whoever said GL could beat Odin, was shot down immediately by Marvel fans telling him he was stupid. In fact, I've not seen one "fair" Marvel vs DC fight that wasn't split pretty evenly. From my perspective, I think Marvel fanboys "run" this site more than DC fan boys. My first day here, I said I didn't like Marvel as much as I used to, and got an email telling me not to "Marvel-Bash" The first time G-Man did a "Best thing in comics this week", he had more DC than Marvel stuff, and was accused of being "paid-off" by DC by Marvel fanboys. Even this thread makes me kinda believe a stereo-type. Marvel fans have a superiority complex, and are too easily offended when someone doesn't share their sensibilities. I mean, does it bother you that much that one guy said GL could beat Odin? So much you had to start a thread about it? I'm curious as to which poll @feartheliving is referencing? A DC vs Marvel thread comes out about twice a week, and every one I've seen has about a 50/50 split in the comments section.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure the OP's perspective is skewed. I don't visit battle forms much anymore, but I'm sure whoever said GL could beat Odin, was shot down immediately by Marvel fans telling him he was stupid. In fact, I've not seen one "fair" Marvel vs DC fight that wasn't split pretty evenly. From my perspective, I think Marvel fanboys "run" this site more than DC fan boys. My first day here, I said I didn't like Marvel as much as I used to, and got an email telling me not to "Marvel-Bash" The first time G-Man did a "Best thing in comics this week", he had more DC than Marvel stuff, and was accused of being "paid-off" by DC by Marvel fanboys. Even this thread makes me kinda believe a stereo-type. Marvel fans have a superiority complex, and are too easily offended when someone doesn't share their sensibilities. I mean, does it bother you that much that one guy said GL could beat Odin? So much you had to start a thread about it? I'm curious as to which poll @feartheliving is referencing? A DC vs Marvel thread comes out about twice a week, and every one I've seen has about a 50/50 split in the comments section.

I'm referring to most polls where the polls show a distinct number of DC votes over Marvel, like you said they come out all the time so it's kind of hard to miss. The comments might be a bit more even but the votes aren't.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: I never said I'm a marvel fan boy I just love comics in general don't matter which company makes it . But like I said since coming to this site all I mainly see is DC characters winning with no type of reason why that character won . Trust me it's not just DC cause Hulk fanboys kill me on this site & everywhere else as well . But the majority is DC winning everything . There's no way in hell GL beat Odin & that's why I said it . & this thread wasn't cause of that that's just one of the many references . Another reference could be batman solo the entire avengers or batman vs anybody or superman vs anybody in marvel . That's just all I ever see . There's also countless threads of Hulk always winning & an awful lot of SS beating everyone . It's just more consistent with the characters of DC & there fans here

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything said:

I'm referring to most polls where the polls show a distinct number of DC votes over Marvel, like you said they come out all the time so it's kind of hard to miss. The comments might be a bit more even but the votes aren't.

Guess I'll have to look those up, if it's possible. Last poll I saw was TWS winning by a nearly 2 to 1 margin over TDK has a better film. To me, that's an example of Marvel fanboyism. I liked TWS, but do you really think TWS is seen as a better film by comic fans in general? Much less by a 61-39 margin?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/the-dark-knight-or-captain-america-tws-1553560/

@uugieboogie is that GL can beat Odin thread still up? I find it hard to believe that was a general concensus. I can see one guy saying it..maybe 2, but I find it hard to believe there was an "Odin vs GL" thread in the battles form, and GL getting the majority vote. If that did happen, my apologies and I'll stand corrected. As noted, I do not visit the battle forms much anymore.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Green lantern CAN beat Odin if he is angry enough. It is like a bloodlusted Superman.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving said:

Guess I'll have to look those up, if it's possible. Last poll I saw was TWS winning by a nearly 2 to 1 margin over TDK has a better film. To me, that's an example of Marvel fanboyism. I liked TWS, but do you really think TWS is seen as a better film by comic fans in general? Much less by a 61-39 margin?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/the-dark-knight-or-captain-america-tws-1553560/

One poll that is specifically speaking on a CBM isn't what I was referring to. It's the DC vs Marvel polls (as a whole). As to your question yes I do. I think Cap 2 was a better CBM (that being said that's another subject for another time.)

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: So Superman can kill Gods? How come he gets beat by Darkseid then? Odin would turn Superman into a baby then punt him into the ocean.

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving said:

One poll that is specifically speaking on a CBM isn't what I was referring to. It's the DC vs Marvel polls (as a whole). As to your question yes I do. I think Cap 2 was a better CBM (that being said that's another subject for another time.)

Which is fine, but do you think it's regarded as a better film by comic fans in general? I can't find any DC vs Marvel polls. :( @leonkarlen123 I don't want to start a battle thread here, but I doubt GL would get a majority over Thor..much less Odin.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dratini1331

I'm fairly new to this site okay . I've probably read hundreds of threads here & it doesn't matter who they're up against a DC character ALWAYS win ? Lol . I just saw something that said Green Lantern could beat Odin lol . Can someone please elaborate ?

I've seen equally irrational claims from the Marvel side. Most people make pretty sound statements.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Twix_Right_Side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you always make generalizations like this?

I mean,I understand your point about G-man being "paid off",and that "Marvel fanboys run this site" thing I think I disagree with. It all depends on perspective,I guess. But each perspective is skewed by bias.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FearTheLiving

@feartheliving said:

@feartheliving said:

Which is fine, but do you think it's regarded as a better film by comic fans in general? I can't find any DC vs Marvel polls. :( @leonkarlen123 I don't want to start a battle thread here, but I doubt GL would get a majority over Thor..much less Odin.

I don't know, I don't know that many comic fans in general :P all I can state is what I like better. As to the topic yeah did a quick search and a bunch of battle stuff came up and I don't care enough about it to search through a bunch of pages to find them.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By uugieboogie

@heraldofganthet: thanks learning a lot of stuff here ! Trying to find some new reading material.. And recommendation ?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tbemrmccoy: He already beaten Ares the God of War who is suppose to be a high tier God in DC Universe.

Have you seen Darkseid? he takes on all the New Gods himself and by just touching Kalibak he burnt him to ashes.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Watch your tone dude, it is not appreciated here to be rude. Just a warning from my own experience.

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean,I understand your point about G-man being "paid off",and that "Marvel fanboys run this site" thing I think I disagree with. It all depends on perspective,I guess. But each perspective is skewed by bias.

One of these days, someone will quote me in context. :) I "KInda believe" what I said about Marvel fans. It's a stereo-type, but of we went to court over it, I could probably use quite a bit of CV as "evidence." It was more a reference that this thread was even started. Even the OP admitted that Hulk fans and SS fans do the same thing..but have you ever seen a "Why does Hulk always default win" thread? I've seen at least three complaining about DC bias in the battle threads.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@twix_right_side said:

One of these days, someone will quote me in context. :) I "KInda believe" what I said about Marvel fans. It's a stereo-type, but of we went to court over it, I could probably use quite a bit of CV as "evidence." It was more a reference that this thread was even started. Even the OP admitted that Hulk fans and SS fans do the same thing..but have you ever seen a "Why does Hulk always default win" thread? I've seen at least three complaining about DC bias in the battle threads.

I've seen so many complaints of Marvel bias,too.

It happens on both sides. There is evidence enough to support that (and it would be ridiculous to say otherwise).

Also:

http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/4010-10/forums/my-problem-with-marvel-and-why-dc-is-so-much-bette-1568607/?messageId=12049197&page=1

Try not to get a nose bleed from the sheer ignorance.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By Fallschirmjager

You know its pretty funny everyone claims this site is biased when you constantly see threads like this with so many bitching one way or another. You think if there are as many fans of one side as there are people claiming bias it would be even.

For the record there are just as many Marvel fans who only side marvel on the battle boards.

In fact if your'e here long enough you can basically predict who is going to answer for who in every thread. Its quite humorous actually.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know its pretty funny everyone claims this site is biased when you constantly see threads like this with so many bitching one way or another. You think if there are as many fans of one side as there are people claiming bias it would be even.

For the record there are just as many Marvel fans who only side marvel on the battle boards.

In fact if your'e here long enough you can basically predict who is going to answer for who in every thread.

So...true!

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie:

#20 Posted by leonkarlen123 (3117 posts) - 30 minutes, 5 seconds ago - Show Bio

Green lantern CAN beat Odin if he is angry enough. It is like a bloodlusted Superman.

There's your answer

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: like I came to this from searching a "Vs" battle on google & I read that one & got some good scans & good information . Now I go thru threads & just get such & such wins with no explanation why or cause of some power that the character never displayed it's just a power or something "they should be able to do" & or speed makes anyone win .

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Speedblitz

2.Characters that are way too strong to even be debating with

3.Lack of knowledge on a certain character so they go with what they know best

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because people here likes Batman and Superman pants more.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tbemrmccoy: Ares have defeat an Highfather himself named Izaya which should be equal power to Odin. IMO Ares can atleast stalemate Odin

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares have defeat Highfather* dafuq is wrong with my auto correct

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tbemrmccoy: Ares have defeat an Highfather himself named Izaya which should be equal power to Odin. IMO Ares can atleast stalemate Odin

yuga khan is the highest of highfathers and he would lost to odin
do a quick google search bro
and izaya is nowhere at odin level of power
skyfather>>highfather

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usernameunderconstruction: Yuga Khan can probably take Odin, look at his majority in the Yuga Khan vs Odin thread. Not matter because he can destroy planets with a touch.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of DC's main heroes are more powerful than Marvel's main heroes. Plus, DC has writers like Lobdell whose opinion of "writing" is power feats.

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usernameunderconstruction: Yuga Khan can probably take Odin, look at his majority in the Yuga Khan vs Odin thread. Not matter because he can destroy planets with a touch.

those mojority doesn't count
the one who was debating does and he too accepts odin wins after the debate
do you know that

GALAXY BUSTING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>planet busting?