Why does Captain America (MCU) jog?

Nessy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In Winter Soldier he is running at the start. Does this make him fitter?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America was just working out with Falcon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think yes. Have gotten the impression from the MCU that this version of the Super-Soldier Serum only got Rogers to a transformation level but he could still increase his physical abilities like any athlete.

Though to be fair to continuity in the comics he works out all the time as well, whether that be from a combat training scenario to just old fashioned physical training so its not just an MCU aspect though the films do seem to emphasize it more as a way of bringing a bit more reality to that aspect of the character.

Too Evans' credit as well he's clearly more defined in Winter Soldier and Avengers 2 than he was in First Avenger.

Nessy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't seem to find the run challenging. It seemed to be like if I exercised my lifting a thimble.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BappyRonChantin

Probably just an old habit

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nessy3 said:

He didn't seem to find the run challenging. It seemed to be like if I exercised my lifting a thimble.

Nah, it's more like you taking a gentle jog. That's what's running 11 meters per second is to him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like a lifestyle to me. His whole attitude is being super dedicated and he's a hard worker. He's a leader and leads by example.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He seemed like he was trying to fit into the new world, maybe he figured jogging would help him fit in since its done by so many Americans.

ironthor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes sense that he could improve his physicals like anyone else could.

GhostVortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I imagine Cap only does this to humble himself, that despite having nigh-superhuman enhancements he's still human, and that he still has limits and is trying to reach them. In "Captain America the Winter Soldier" Cap is running with Sam at the start of the movie which seems like sun is still rising. When their jog ends, it looks like its near 10:00 am. So Steve has been Jogging for a long time along with Sam.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Because even though hes enhanced, he still has to maintain his fitness through physical activity though at a much different level then an ordinary human. Hes like a regular joe, its just that his base point is much higher. Without exercise hes still far stronger and faster then any average person.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he does a lot of laps to test his stamina and endurance.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like a lifestyle to me. His whole attitude is being super dedicated and he's a hard worker. He's a leader and leads by example.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 SC  Moderator

A normal person lifting a thimble isn't a really good comparison. As long as he is exerting himself sufficiently (and jogging involves a lot more of your body, so its possible, even for a extremely fit person, to push themselves harder) there are going to be physical benefits. Not only that but there are mental/emotional benefits as well, as well as echoing what other have said as being a part of his attitude, personality and habit to jog.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

To irritate me with an irritating joke.

Avatar image for s0n_of_d3adp00l
S0N_of_D3ADP00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he`s Captain America :)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The SSS cant keep up with Modern day American fast food.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55: When was it stated he had to keep on working out ?

Even in the beginning of the Avengers movie he was just hitting the bags to work off steam. He probably just likes working out , helps him release his anger , and he just wants to

tiraomoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's all of the above. Built in sense of responsibility to continue his training. To clear his mind. And it would help make sense how it is that every film he's so much stronger.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By jumpstart55

@kgb725 said:

@jumpstart55: When was it stated he had to keep on working out ?

Even in the beginning of the Avengers movie he was just hitting the bags to work off steam. He probably just likes working out , helps him release his anger , and he just wants to

Does it really have to? I mean its only sensible that he would still need to work out. He still human for the most part, just enhanced. His muscles are still subject to atrophy, and his lungs and heart are still capable of growth and or deterioration. I mean hes not like Thor or Hulk who are portrayed as having limitless stamina and endurance as a result of being absurdly powerful and obviously arent human, and as such dont require physical exercise to maintain their physiques and abilities. I mean he was getting winded in the First Avengers film while fighting alongside Thor. This means he has VO2 max like anybody else, its just takes absurd amounts of physical activity to do so.