#1 Edited by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do you like ComicVine so much that you'll post on it? What qualities does this website have that's very intriguing to you? Why would you reccomend someone to go on this website?

Just out of curiousty. ;o

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11555 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly the people. Also the "dark" layout is fantastic.

#3 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much just because I know of it (I don't know of any others), it's pretty active, and I have no one to talk about these things with IRL (& neither do I on here, it seems at times).

#4 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly the people. Also the "dark" layout is fantastic.

Cool, I like the most of the people on here too.

Pretty much just because I know of it (I don't know of any others), it's pretty active, and I have no one to talk about these things with IRL (& neither do I on here, it seems at times).

Yeah, same here~ ;o

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (26552 posts) - - Show Bio

Because I like talking about comics with fellow fans.

#6 Posted by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@zijuun: wow, I thought someone was gonna give me crap for being so negative, haha. woo!

#7 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7247 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I think I enjoy it because there's not many people outside of Comic Vine that are really interested in it. For me, anyway.

I like seeing so many mixed opinions, too. Even though I may not agree with some, it gives a different perspective on that I wouldn't have seen otherwise, and I learn something new almost every day.

#8 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5602 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

@zijuun: wow, I thought someone was gonna give me crap for being so negative, haha. woo!

Lol you never said anything negative.

And thanks for posting everyone, I agree with everything that's been said so far.

Anyone else?

#10 Edited by lightsout (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@zijuun: Well then.....I shan't explain why it was (& that it was sort of intentionally a jab), lol

#11 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Because I like talking about comics with fellow fans.

I concur.

#12 Edited by longbowhunter (5837 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not social in my personal life. I like coming here to interact. Plus I've been here 4 years so I know the layout and the people.

#13 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (3892 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#14 Edited by HumanRocket (4852 posts) - - Show Bio

Because unlike my Facebook friends I can actually post things about comic book on here that people will understand.

#15 Posted by Squares (3124 posts) - - Show Bio

Because I have a hell of a lot of time to kill, and even my boyfriend gets sick of me talking about comics eventually.

#16 Posted by Wolverine08 (26552 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

Because I have a hell of a lot of time to kill, and even my boyfriend gets sick of me talking about comics eventually.

You're boyfriend you should count himself as lucky that he even has a girlfriend that willingly talks about comics :)

#17 Posted by Squares (3124 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

You're boyfriend you should count himself as lucky that he even has a girlfriend that willingly talks about comics :)

He's actually the one who got me into comics. Most of the comics I read, I borrow from him.

#18 Posted by Wolverine08 (26552 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@wolverine08 said:

@squares said:

He's actually the one who got me into comics. Most of the comics I read, I borrow from him.

A relationship where both girlfriend and boyfriend read comics? I'd kill for that. Lol. You guys are both lucky.

#19 Edited by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh idk, some of the conversations I have are pretty great, most people would rather post a comment than actually have a conversation which is disappointing. Look at all these game threads, they have over 300 or more comments and most of the time it's not a conversation. And there's about 4 give a point threads on the 1st page of Gen Discussion, there should be game forum.

#20 Posted by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I wouldn't want a gf who wants to talk about comics, what if she never stops talking a it, or bends your comics, or even borrow them....

#21 Posted by Lvenger (16028 posts) - - Show Bio

The people on here are for the most part really nice, the topics discussed on here are actually interesting and it gives me a chance to talk about comic books with my fellow fans which I like doing. I don't get much of a chance to do that elsewhere.

#22 Posted by M3th (1771 posts) - - Show Bio

I am the only comicbook fan in my groups of friends. I have like 4 solid separate groups and in each one, I'm the only comicbook lover. I come here to talk/learn more about one of my hobbies.

I like The Vine more than other forums because it just seems way better than the rest.

-StayBlessed-

#23 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

All of you make some really good points which I agree with, anyone else? ~Bump.

#24 Posted by dondave (26660 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

The people on here are for the most part really nice, the topics discussed on here are actually interesting and it gives me a chance to talk about comic books with my fellow fans which I like doing. I don't get much of a chance to do that elsewhere.

#25 Posted by kcjr (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really know, any comic fans in real life. Plus, it is a well done site.

#26 Edited by War Killer (19485 posts) - - Show Bio

It's very informative, having a great collection of information of comic books and things related to comics.

#27 Posted by PurpleCandy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcjr said:

I don't really know, any comic fans in real life. Plus, it is a well done site.

Same here, in real life at least, it's hard to comic across a dedicated comic fan.

#28 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Because I learn new things from different users, and they can sometimes correct some of the misunderstandings I have on a particular issue.

#29 Edited by i_like_swords (7648 posts) - - Show Bio

Get the chance to talk to other level headed guys on the same wave length as me. Get to role play and theorize about how my favourites characters would act in a situation they haven't been in yet - almost like drawing up the script for my own comic. There's a wealth of knowledge to be attained just by listening in on conversations, reading wikis and asking questions. And it's also like being apart of something. Knowing other people who like my favourite character and sharing stuff about him/her. Getting reccommendations for stuff people might think you like, because you already shared with them. Helping people out and passing on knowledge you can't resist sharing.

Yeah, comic vine is a cool place to be.