Why do you like Daredevil?

holaso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Having only read one issue in the mid 1980's, I was just curious what it is about the Daredevil character or books you find appealing? Does he offer anything unique that can't be satisfied by characters like Batman?

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Daredevil has some of the best story arcs in all of comicdom. "Born Again" is a masterpiece. The thing that Daredevil offers that Batman doesn't is that he isn't over used.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Because my brother likes Daredevil, NEXT!

Because Mark Waid is currently writing his series.

NEXT!

(+)

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think Matt offers a more grounded story than does Bruce. Also he's blind which is one of the coolest things about him. Also I think Matt is much more human than Bruce. Bruce is ultra disciplined and ultra task-oriented whereas Matt is more than willing to have involved relationships with a host of folks like his many girlfriends and his close friends in the hero community.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil has some of the best story arcs in all of comicdom. "Born Again" is a masterpiece. The thing that Daredevil offers that Batman doesn't is that he isn't over used.

Well when you're as popular as the goddamn Batman. You get a lot of face time.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's actually another Daredevil topic thread like this one as well. You can check also check out different perspectives from other posters as well too.

David_Dennis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started buying Daredevil in the '70's, when Gil Kane was illustrating the book, and that was the main reason I bought the book originally. But I really started to like Matt Murdock a lot, and his supporting cast, which was more fully developed than Batman's at the time. Over the years Daredevil has had some of the most interesting cast of non-costumed characters than Batman, and been through more hellish experiences than the caped crusader. Plus the fact that DD has had some of the best writers in the business for over 30 years.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

He is a blind lawyer/superhero why not like him

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

there is alot of "human" aspect to him. he gets intertwined with alot of females and it eventually comes back to hurt him as a hero

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Wolverine008

I like Daredevil because he's a simple type of guy. He's often compared to Batman, and I think Matthew is what Bruce would be like if he was a more underdog type of person. Matt doesn't have the best resources, or is the most martially adept guy on the entire planet(Even though he's (pretty sweet), but he still tries to do the best with what he's got. He has a small neighborhood he protects, and he's put all his effort into fixing it bit by bit. I truly admire the man's dedication to his city, and like Milla Donovan noted to Ben Urich during Bendis' Daredevil run in the King of Hell's Kitchen arc, Hell's Kitchen's has constantly have Matthew horrible experiences like watching his father die in front of him, lose his girlfriend Karen Page, etc. and just craps on him in general, but he still gives the city his love, strength, and voice when it is in need. He's just a giving, emotional man whom has the put the needs of other's over his own.

You got to respect a man like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@wolverine08 said:

I like Daredevil because he's a simple type of guy. He's often compared to Batman, and I think Matthew is what Bruce would be like if he was a more underdog type of person. Matt doesn't have the best resources, or is the most martially adept guy on the entire planet(Even though he's [pretty sweet), but he still tries to do the best with what he's got. He has a small neighborhood he protects, and he's put all his effort into fixing it bit by bit. I truly admire the man's dedication to his city, and like Milla Donovan noted to Ben Urich during Bendis' Daredevil run in the King of Hell's Kitchen arc, Hell's Kitchen's has constantly have Matthew horrible experiences like watching his father die in front of him, lose his girlfriend Karen Page, etc. and just crap on him in general, but he still gives the city his love, strength, and voice when it is in need. He's just a giving, emotional man whom has the put the needs of other's over his own.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same could be asked about batman who has probably the most generic hero background ever...there is no right or wrong reason to like a character you just simply...like them

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Daredevil is about A Man dedicated to protecting his city for the love, despite the pain the city throws back at him.

Batman is about a man dedicated to protecting his city as a duty. the pain the city givs him amplifies his dedication.

very different tones, I like them both because they are so different, Im really annoyed with how many times I have to see people compare the two, "because they are soo similar" they aren't

DD is a Man of Love, crippled multiple times by his city who perseveres for good.

Bats is a Man of Pain and Brooding, emotionally injured who seeks vengeance against crime itself.

Superhuman vs human

Lawyer vs rich playboy

these two are so very disimilar. And I like them both.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't old sport.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolverine008
CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Daredevil because he's a simple type of guy. He's often compared to Batman, and I think Matthew is what Bruce would be like if he was a more underdog type of person. Matt doesn't have the best resources, or is the most martially adept guy on the entire planet(Even though he's [pretty sweet), but he still tries to do the best with what he's got. He has a small neighborhood he protects, and he's put all his effort into fixing it bit by bit. I truly admire the man's dedication to his city, and like Milla Donovan noted to Ben Urich during Bendis' Daredevil run in the King of Hell's Kitchen arc, Hell's Kitchen's has constantly have Matthew horrible experiences like watching his father die in front of him, lose his girlfriend Karen Page, etc. and just crap on him in general, but he still gives the city his love, strength, and voice when it is in need. He's just a giving, emotional man whom has the put the needs of other's over his own.

man, thank you for this. It's perfect.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

@wolverine08 said:

man, thank you for this. It's perfect.

No Caption Provided

holaso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks! It's great to hear a lot of thoughtful and enlightening responses! (and @Daredevil fans - sorry about the comparison to Batman...as an 'outsider' I couldn't distinguish any great differences between the two, but now I see and understand)

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Daredevil's origins and thought it was a really cool concept to have a superhero who was not only blind, but used that as an advantage sometimes.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause his blind

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

Cause his blind

Fetish,eh? :D

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuz he's bad***

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wicked origin of sacrifice. He is the superhero nobody envies. His powers are wicked cool with dodging bullets and fighting by sensing everything around creates such a cool looking fight scene. The way he fights is awesome as well and can fight with the best of them by sensing weak points in the toughest baddies. There really is a ton of stuff I like with his character, willpower, no fear.

And it's wicked seeing martial arts like that with the staff, clubs, grapple, pressure points master, and high flying agility

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

He's not as overblown as Batman, in terms of universes and when I want a gritty story I'll turn to him more.

I like my Bat a little more campy

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FearTheLiving

I think the real question would be why don't you like Daredevil, aside from the awful movie I haven't heard anyone say they dislike the character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him because no matter how tragic his life is, he never stop to protect hells kitchen