Why do you like comics?

EthericEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I'm asking why do you like comics with all the other forms of entertainment out there, movies and TV shows. Why do you still pick up the comic? I'm new to Comics and chose this as a hobby because superheroes have some of the most fascinating stories. After seeing the movies and TV shows and playing the games I wanted more adventures of my favorite heroes I wanted more story to there trials and tribulations and even their origins. ... what are your thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love character interaction that's why I mostly like team books. A good artist helps too. Esad Ribic is my favourite artist and Jonathan Hickman is my favourite writer. I'm a huge fan of all of the companies. Many people argue Marvel vs DC films. I say Both! There is at least 3 comic-book movies per year. I like it! The films brought more fans to the comics. The community is growing and I love going to conventions dressed as my favourite characters. I love comics!

Mitran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darned if i know

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Because I don't have the attention to read real books

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By attatje

I dont know but it is awesome and I have never thought a comic to be boring however books, tv-series and movies were many times boring to me. Also I think the average comic book is more exciting and sucks you deeper in the story than average books, tv-series and movies.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They make me happy. (or frustrated depending on how you take some of my posts on here :P)

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I enjoy reading. And although I enjoy classic novels, combining words with pictures is a unique story telling experience that I love.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Experio

It was never my intension to get into comics, I unexpectedly found a Hulk comic, read it, enjoyed it, and continued to expand from there.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ethericeffect: Are you a DC or Marvel guy?

I like comics because its the media were pretty much all kinds of ideas works, no matter how weird they are.

And because they make me sort of famous :P

EthericEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EthericEffect

@waezi2: I am DC though I'm familiar with Marvel well enough.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I enjoy reading. And although I enjoy classic novels, combining words with pictures is a unique story telling experience that I love.

This.

jackbensley777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

ive always been a big batman fan even conan. I believe that those two are what a guy should be like. Obviously conan is fictional and from a long time ago but im also a history guy. But how fictional is batman? Batman could be anyone who wanted to be him. with the recquired training of course. And no you dont need any gadgets more than maybe smoke pellts and a stun gun (maybe). of course ninja stars though (batarangs) and a grapple hook.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AllStarSuperman

boobs

Avatar image for kingofthunder247
kingofthunder247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when i read them...i feel like im really there the whole time im reading the words and pictures all come to life....plus the heroes are powerded how they re suppose to be....lol well not all the time but its better than some current animated series right now on tv......comics stories are amazing

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think it stems from the fact that growing up I didn't really have anyone to play with so I dove into books. In middle school I was a loner and found the comic book section. I read one of the Justice League in which I believe the White Martians were taking them down. I read Hush. And i fell in love with them. I still read them because i practically grew up with them.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

Simple, it is story telling accompanied with art.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Combination of things I suppose. I love the stories. I love the art. And the good guy usually wins.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

@ethericeffect: I never get tired of answering this question because remembering why I read comics always puts a smile on my face. Thanks for that. :-)

@fallschirmjager said:

This.

Yeah, there's just something about the "art of sequential storytelling" that just speaks to me. I love seeing things slightly change from panel to panel but see emotions change, action sequences, and the like. Comics definitely do what they do oh so well. Some of the first books that I remember reading were comics.

boobs

Ah, the 90's. :-)

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same reason as yours. I wanted more stories than what I could get with cartoons, tv shows, and movies. I also enjoy being able to escape the real world for a little while through fiction.

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By attatje

I think it stems from the fact that growing up I didn't really have anyone to play with so I dove into books. In middle school I was a loner and found the comic book section. I read one of the Justice League in which I believe the White Martians were taking them down. I read Hush. And i fell in love with them. I still read them because i practically grew up with them.

I think that was Grant Morrisons JLA's first story arc with the Hyperclan.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Incredibly cool art & some wicked stories.

I just love it!

TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@attatje said:

@thefirstlantern said:

I think that was Grant Morrisons JLA's first story arc with the Hyperclan.

Just checked but it wasn't that what i remember was that the art was more dated. I think the Atom was there too. Thanks though

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By attatje

@thefirstlantern: Is it this issue : http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america-71-and-so-my-world-ends/4000-10184/ otherwise I don't have an idea.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Great stories, great characters, and it allows you to escape from the craziness of real life.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Same here

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They still speak to the kid in me. Not to say comics are for kids, but I still feel transported to some magical realm where the impossible is possible, not only possible, but expected. Granted this can happen in other mediums, but none of them make me feel youthful again. I don't know why, but reading a Batman comic does that for me, whereas watching Nolan's Bat-trilogy does not.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

To quote Harvey Pekar: “Comics are words and pictures. You can do anything with words and pictures.”

BB

TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@attatje said:

@thefirstlantern: Is it this issue : http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america-71-and-so-my-world-ends/4000-10184/ otherwise I don't have an idea.

yes! thank you!!!!1