Why do you dislike Gotham?

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I see copious amounts of Gotham hate on this site, but i actually really like it. I think it's far superior to Arrow which everyone seems to like. Sooo, if you do, why do you dislike it?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SoA

they try to cram too many bat villains in it. the age gap of some characters makes no sense . according to the show when bruce becomes batman almost all his foes will be in their 50s . i do like the mobster angle maroni, fish, etc that is fun . making penguin cool? unexpected. far superior to arrow??? nah. while the show does lean toward unneeded teen dramabull crap i never avoided episodes like i have with gotham

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Contrary to popular believes It's not the centre of the world

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I don't dislike Gotham, I am finding the race to be number one in the city's underbelly quite exciting and many of the actors are great fun to watch (Donal Logue, Robin Lord Taylor, Corey Michael Smith etc.). The show's not perfect and could use a lesson in subtly but it's entertaining and that's all I ask. Also Ben McKenzie surprised me with how much I like him as Gordon.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

there's no batman

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's okay, but sometimes the Batman hints are too much. It's like every villain and their grandma originated at the same time.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it, but it started falling off a few episodes ago. And it bothers me that they constantly try to force Batman villains into it, when it doesn't work at all.

Also, Bruce is horrible. I hate him.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By KritikalMassX

@masterkungfu: And there never will be on this show unfortunately...Personally I don't see it to be anything more than a glorified cop drama. If I wanted to see something like that, I'll just watch Blue Bloods or CSI or something.

IMHO Gotham should just get to where we see Joe Chill being the killer of Batman's Bruce Wayne's parents and be done with it.

And SoA is right about the age gap between Bruce and the villians...They'll be too old to fight when Bruce grows up.

But there's a fun fact regarding one of the show's actors: Donal Logue...This isn't the first time Donal was on something that was Batman-related. He was also in The Dark Knight as well when he was one of Joker's henchmen and there was a phone bomb inside him.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only saw a few episodes, but I didn't like that they ignored how old everyone is supposed to be.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because its full of Criminals

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many bat villains/gimmicks. Could've been a great show focusing on the gang wars and the odd villain that would already be around (Court of Owls could've had a great arc, Penguin makes a ton of sense). Instead they have the joker, the riddler, poison ivy, zsasz and catwoman taking up half the time, when they just shouldn't matter 15 years before batman shows up. It just isn't focused enough on what Gotham would ACTUALLY be like before Batman.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Gotham

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying too Hard!!!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

It's basically like f***ing, but never being able to c**. I still plan on watching it and giving it a chance, but you are ultimately never gonna get what you really want out of it(Batman).

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dan12456: I think the power play between the different crime bosses very interesting, as well as The Penguin's part in it. I hate how Arrow has like five deep talks per episode with sad violin music in the background, Gotham doesn't take itself seriously. You can see that the people making it are having fun.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Way too many Bat-Villains where they are not needed...

Aren't they supposed to be Batman's age???

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I hate it because of Selina Kyl-Cat..And Barbra is just a clueless emotional woman who don't knows what goes on in the world of Gotham.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its better than arrow and agents of shield.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Milking of the batfranchise

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause it sucks that's why

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's a relatively boring show with poor acting, writing, and horrible pace issues. I personally think it's the one comic book show that's out right now that isn't at all good.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well I hate it because of Selina Kyl-Cat..And Barbra is just a clueless emotional woman who don't knows what goes on in the world of Gotham.

this

tb86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 636

I gave up watching it halfway through the first season and don't really have any intention of checking it out. I remember doing the same with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but while it took a few episodes I ended up liking it. That's because I wanted to give it another shot though despite my love of Batman I don't really care. I remember the only two things I liked about it was Penguin and Alfred but probably not enough to watch the rest. FYI Arrow is superior to Gotham, at least in it's first two seasons. I've heard Season 5 is good so I may check that out but I would rather watch bad episodes of Arrow as it is part of a big universe.