• 109 results
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@havenless: I think you should actually understand why I'm doing -______________________- before you comment on my reading and comprehension" skills I done that because I disagreed with him on Neeson's performance. Qui-Gon jinn was one of the reasons The Phantom Menace is last to me. He is a very boring character even in EU (although he is much better)

Loading Video...

lol xD

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

• It's racist
  • It's sexist
  • It's poorly written
  • It's the phantom Menace
  • It's got awful dialogue (you bring hope to those who have none)
  • It's got Kid anakin
  • It's got awful acting in it basically everyone asks like cardboard. Yoda does better than all of them
  • It's got Palpentine in it (awful acting)

Positive

• It's got the most awesome lines ever from Yoda.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@broo1232 said:
  • It's racist
  • It's sexist
  • It's poorly written
  • It's the phantom Menace
  • It's got awful dialogue (you bring hope to those who have none)
  • It's got Kid anakin
  • It's got awful acting in it basically everyone asks like cardboard. Yoda does better than all of them
  • It's got Palpentine in it (awful acting)

Positive

• It's got the most awesome lines ever from Yoda.

1) No it's not...If you're trying to pull that Jar Jar bullshit it's not true

2) How did you come to that conclusion? If anything, it's not sexist at all. There are female jedi, female bounty hunters, Padme is a strong female...What the hell?!

3) No it's not. They weren't that poorly written. In fact, I thought they were written really well. The dialogue was decent and there were a lot of really smart themes about emotion, fear, attachment, destiny, father figures, e.t.c

4) Good point

5) IT WASN'T THAT BAD!! A LOT OF IT WAS REALISTIC!!! Here are some FAR worse lines from films that get FAR less criticism:

"You're PURE evil!"

"Yes, but only a master of evil" (From the ORIGINAL TRILOGY mind you!)

"Tonight we dine in hell!"

"I came here to stop you!"

"I've been bitten..."

So stop being a hypocrite

6) He wasn't that bad. I mean, he was bad, but not unwatchable. Madison Pettis was worse.

7) They actually all do a GREAT job portraying the characters the way that they should have been. They really stepped into these characters skin and made me truly care about them, their back stories and their story

8)...

Avatar image for deactivated-579cd0e5dfb0d
deactivated-579cd0e5dfb0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Because they're;

• poorly written
  • lack any form of subtlety
  • directed amateurishly
  • they undo what made the originals good
  • Terribly racist (mainly Watto and Jar Jar)
  • ANAKIN MURDERS CHILDREN
  • "Annie, you're breaking my heart". Worst. Dialogue. Ever.
  • The definition of Chickification. Padme going from a total badass to a whimpering shmuck so completely dependent on her boyfriend that she just dies because he ditched her. Oh her children? Screw them, my husband went evil, I'll just let them be raised by royals and peasants.
  • Palpatine basically screaming I'M EVIL every chance he gets, and no one picking up on it.
  • Jedi are forced celibate. Why, exactly? How does this help anything, aside from taking a bunch of pre-teens who were taught to wield weapons from birth and making them incredibly sexually-frustrated?
  • Obi-Wan joining the Bee Gees
  • Jango Fett being the only New Zealander in the Galaxy
  • THE ABSOLUTE ABHORRENT CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY TO CANONISE THE NEW CRAP
  • Yoda and Chewbacca being friends. I just... ugh

I could go on, but I'm tired and can't be bothered.

Look, I can agree that the prequels are worse but please do NOT name those the reasons, because most of them can be used against the originals.

thebatman98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I liked episode II and thought episode III was awesome.Episode I sucked bad though.Only good part was Darth Maul.

RustyGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By frogdog

@dude4 said:

As an official Star Wars prequel thread we are legally obligated to post the following link in accordance with all internet laws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Thank you and good day.

Post the full video noob =p

Loading Video...

Now Im off to f*** my cat

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Have you seen them?

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do I get the impression that most people who defend the prequels are stupid kids?

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

Why do I get the impression that most people who defend the prequels are stupid kids?

I'm not a stupid kid. I'm just not blinded by nostalgia or bitter that the prequels weren't simple, good vs evil, funny family films.

RustyGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The prequels did not "suck" to me in fact they were pretty good.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@dude4 said:

As an official Star Wars prequel thread we are legally obligated to post the following link in accordance with all internet laws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Thank you and good day.

Post the full video noob =p

Loading Video...

Now Im off to f*** my cat

Oh great, that idiot. I often wish for a world without Plinkett...Ick.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By Hazlenaut

They just can’t live up the hype that was given. The first time we hear star wars movies we were psyche. The second and third made us optimistic due to the clone wars mini-series. We could have watched it again and have second thoughts afterward but the extra content made us questioned the logic for added drama.

After we actually simmer down some perspective need noted. that can be said with the movies made. Star Wars was panned by critics for it ridiculousness in the beginning but was admired by the fans. Empire strikes back was the most praised but George Lucas did not like since it did not fit his vision. The great Star Wars moment were done by luck. Most people that worked in Star Wars regretted it.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars was panned by critics for it ridiculousness in the beginning but was admired by the fans.

Here's hoping that happens to the prequels, lord knows they deserve it. 100 years from now, people are going to look at Lucas as a genius and the Star Wars saga (INCLUDING the prequels) as one of the best stories ever told.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@life_without_progress: Though Phantom Menace wasn't the best, it was far better than the second. It even gave us the greatest Prequel character, Darth Maul.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress: Though Phantom Menace wasn't the best, it was far better than the second. It even gave us the greatest Prequel character, Darth Maul.

I thought the second one was a really, REALLY great movie. Plus, I hate Darth Maul. He has no personality and is just there to show off his cool lightsaber.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Honestly, the original trilogy wasn't as great as many go out of their way to claim. They're amazing, I agree, but far from perfect and the prequels are amazing as well, but also aren't perfect and have their shares of issues. How I see it, people who complain about the prequels are like old school Star Trek fans who hate the reboot movies; they simply can't accept that the originals aren't as high and mighty as they want to believe.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

Um, prequels are awesome, get a clue Prequel haters.

RustyGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RustyGates
Loading Video...

Just saw this on JoBlo today. The guy does a great job fixing the problems with the prequels.

Also, Lawrence Kasdan really should of had a hand in writing the prequels like he did with "Empire", "Returns", and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Mainly just Jar Jar's fault!

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With all the prequel hate, I figured I would post this:

Loading Video...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#74 JediXMan  Moderator
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JediXMan  Moderator

3) They were directed no worse than the originals...Stop being biased.

... the originals, except for A New Hope, were not directed by Lucas.

And yes, they were. Lucas is a terrible director.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By MakkyD

It's simple, there's just as bad as the originals. You seen the original as a kid and you seen the prequels as a grown-up. The originals may use nostalgia when your adult eyes see them but the prequels can't. Kids that see the prequels nowadays love them. They're pretty much both childish trilogies but you had the advantage of seeing the originals when you were a child.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

Lol at the Prequel haters who can't get their heads around the fact that Star Wars is George's thing, not theirs. If you hated the Prequels as much as some did, you probably weren't an actual Star Wars fan to begin with.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

Uh no he's not, I don't care who directed the originals. The prequels were smarter and darker than the originals, sorry if Anakin wasn't super evil, or the tone wasn't super bright and happy until Episode III, or Chewie wasn't in it. I don't know what you're expectations were but they were quite ridiculous if you think these were worse than the originals.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

Uh no he's not, I don't care who directed the originals. The prequels were smarter and darker than the originals

... Really?

Wow. Okay. I... I'm the one who speaks out against the OT... but this is ridiculous.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 JediXMan  Moderator

@maccyd said:

It's simple, there's just as bad as the originals. You seen the original as a kid and you seen the prequels as a grown-up. The originals may use nostalgia when your adult eyes see them but the prequels can't. Kids that see the prequels nowadays love them. They're pretty much both childish trilogies but you had the advantage of seeing the originals when you were a child.

You might appreciate my review of Episode IV.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@jedixman said:

Uh no he's not, I don't care who directed the originals. The prequels were smarter and darker than the originals

... Really?

Wow. Okay. I... I'm the one who speaks out against the OT... but this is ridiculous.

Well, they were. The forbidden romance, the political intrigue, the references to classical literature, mythology and history, the emotionally gripping characters, perhaps the best ending in film history (ROTS)...Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith really have moments that make me cry.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 JediXMan  Moderator

Well, they were. The forbidden romance, the political intrigue, the references to classical literature, mythology and history, the emotionally gripping characters, perhaps the best ending in film history (ROTS)...Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith really have moments that make me cry.

RotS was decent (sorry, I do not see it as the best ending in film history - RotJ had a better ending. No, I'm not joking) and Attack of the Clones was absolutely terrible; bad acting, terrible dialogue, and over the top pointless action sequences.

Am I to assume that you are one who grew up with the prequels, and only watched the OT after watching the prequels?

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

RotS was decent (sorry, I do not see it as the best ending in film history - RotJ had a better ending. No, I'm not joking) and Attack of the Clones was absolutely terrible; bad acting, terrible dialogue, and over the top pointless action sequences.

Am I to assume that you are one who grew up with the prequels, and only watched the OT after watching the prequels?

No, I watched them at the same time, so I'm pretty unbiased. Attack of the Clones was almost as good as ROTS, and since I think it's the best sci-fi movie ever, that's saying a LOT. The acting was really good, just not how people THOUGHT these characters were going to be betrayed ("Life is so much harder when you're fixing things..." You honestly thought that scene was bad?) The dialogue was no worse than TDKR or Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, and the action sequences...IT'S A FRIGGIN ACTION MOVIE!!!!!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@spideyivydaredevilfan26:

Yes, that scene was bad. The emotion they were trying to convey is fine. It fell flat because of poor dialogue and bad acting. Simple as that.

End result: George Lucas can't write nor direct, which is why the novels are superior.

And... "favorite sci-fi movie?" I'm amongst the biggest Star Wars fans on this site and I don't claim that.

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26:

Yes, that scene was bad. The emotion they were trying to convey is fine. It fell flat because of poor dialogue and bad acting. Simple as that.

End result: George Lucas can't write nor direct, which is why the novels are superior.

And... "favorite sci-fi movie?" I'm amongst the biggest Star Wars fans on this site and I don't claim that.

Well, we just have to agree to disagree. I really felt Hayden's pain in that scene, and teared up a little at his plight. The acting was fine and the dialogue is not as bad as you make it out to be. It's as bad as any other sci-fi/fantasy movie, sometimes a little better ("You were my brother Anakin...I loved you!") And I don't care if you're the biggest Star Wars fan...I am one of the biggest movie fans, and I thought it was Shakespeare in space. There are sci-fi movies that are almost as good: The Thing (1982), Empire Strikes Back, E.T, e.t.c, but no Sci-Fi film has had me in such awe as Revenge of the Sith. If William were alive today and he saw ROTS, he would be in tears, clapping in support.

Also, thought you might appreciate this.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By cfrehse

the prequels didn't suck at all. People always complain about new movies coming off of classic movies. Star wars fan boys reeve fan boys and tons of other examples. The originals were classics but the new ones were fine. If anything the new ones make the old ones look cheesy. The third movie was awesome and it fit the two trilogy's together perfectly

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

George Lucas & Hayden Christensen's acting.

I actually enjoy the prequels but those were my two biggest problems with them, I'm a fan of Ewan as Obi Wan but I never found myself enjoying Hayden's portrayal of Anakin. I'll never forget the ridiculous scene in which he and Padme tumbled through the fields on Naboo.

Hayden did a great job in his fight against Ewan though, it's easily my favorite scene in the entire trilogy.

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Hyperion_X

I was born in '81 and grew up on the originals but i like the prequels better. They had a way better storyline which was more thought out and complex and i loved Anakin, Mace Windu, Greivous, the Clonetroopers, Darth Maul, young Obi-Wan, Qui-gon and seeing Sidious' rise to power and corruption of Anakin.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Relied too much on blind obedience to the old movies and spectacle to dull our critical senses of what we were actually getting... and what we got was:

• George Lucas on display as a man who wasn't in tune with the times of his old projects and audience, which is on full display when he thought:
  • Jar-Jar Binks would connect with the audience... and the less said of the CGI slug, the better.
  • Stormtroopers... for reasons I will get to with:
  • Darth Vader. Darth Vader was before the prequel movies one of the top 3 movie bad guys, an unstoppable bad-ass in black we knew almost nothing about till the very end of the 2nd movie. Thats how it works! He was great becase we knew so little, we didn't even know how he looked like under the mask, or why he wore it... all we had was his voice box, his heavy breathing and the puddles of wee and occationally dead underling he left in his wake. How you ruin all that is to reduce this monument of bad-ass power to a pint-sized sprog and a whiny angsty teenager who ends up getting most of his arms and legs cut off and set on fire before being left for dead. What the prequel trilogy did was humanize Vader and the Stormtroppers, and thats a mistake... one Abrahams seems to be continuing with Finn... and I fear with Phasma later on, because some say she survived the trip into the garbage crusher. Same thing applies to Bobba Fett, things stop being menacing once you put a human face on them.
  • Plus the series had a terrible tendency to cast big names, like Christopher Lee, Samuel L Jackson and Liam Neeson who are all fans of the original movies and then give them almost nothing important to do. Neeson being the exception... but his Quigon Jin existed purely to have Obi-Wan have the needed tragedy in his baggage that would cause him to fail with Anakin later on through over protection.
  • And finally... the story itself, it kinda killed itself by having to build up to the original movies, while basically holding them down and ripping them off.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin

Jar Jar

Padme

Maul

Ignorant Jedi

The Clones

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. More like the sequels are old,outdated,slow,boring,repugnant and just straight not the least bit interesting.

Prequels are superior in every way.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't suck as bad as everyone likes to make out - they all have their good elements.

The first Star Wars film I remember watching was The Phantom Menace and I loved it at the time.

I'm a fan of the prequels, but they rely too heavily on CGI and that ruins the experience a bit for me - the most notable one being TPM. It's an absolute scandal how much of that film is computer generated.

ROTS is up there with the best of the Star Wars films though IMO, just behind TESB, so they aren't all bad.

NickoSaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JAR JAR BINKS

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oh dear lord, I posted nonsense like this 3 years ago?

SirZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SirZero
Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The final duel in I redeemed the movie.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Why young Boba? he had like one scene

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me...

George Lucas directing

Hayden Christensen

Midicholrians

Too much CGI

Jar-Jar Binks

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked 3, tho 1 & 2 sucked.

One was boring and had Jar-Jar.

Two was pretty much bad in almost every way. Its saving grace is the introduction of the clones which brought about some of the best star wars media (Republic Commando game & books, Clone Wars TV shows)