#1 Posted by Bezza (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

I've noticed on here that there is no fiercer rivalry than that between Hulk and Superman fans. Any Superman v Hulk battle degenerates into name calling and hysterics as the respective camps try to justify their view point of who would win, its laughable! They used to say you were either a Ford or Chevvy man and it seems to be the same with Hulk and Supes. So why is this? Am I the only one out there who likes both characters? In the 70s, due to the films, Superman was my favourite, but then in the 80s I was more a Hulk fan. I still love them both, its a power trip thing I think. Oh and fwiw, I think its impossible to call who would win of the two, as they are both so strong and durable (oops shouldn't have said that!!).

#2 Edited by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

*Fanboys... Not fans... Fanboys...

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

And Ford wins goshdarnfreakit!

#4 Posted by i_like_swords (17620 posts) - - Show Bio

Because whenever you can compare two characters in any field, such as combat or coolness, the fanboys of each character attack each other because they want their character to be the best. Hulk and Supes fans fight over who would win in a fight. Same with Thor fanboys. Supes and Batman fanboys argue over who is cooler or if Batman would win with prep. It's just fanboys looking for their character to be superior.

#5 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

Because whenever you can compare two characters in any field, such as combat or coolness, the fanboys of each character attack each other because they want their character to be the best. Hulk and Supes fans fight over who would win in a fight. Same with Thor fanboys. Supes and Batman fanboys argue over who is cooler or if Batman would win with prep. It's just fanboys looking for their character to be superior.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

#6 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

/thread

#7 Posted by doombot890 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: yep.

I'm a fan of both. Only really got into Hulk during the 90's coz of the cartoon. I also watched the TV show and really loved the duality of it all. I've luckily never been in an argument over the two (thank god). I don't know how that would turn out

#8 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12479 posts) - - Show Bio

Kal-El and Bruce Banner are My #3 and #2 favorite character of all times so...

Also if you're willing to hate a character simply because they could beat your favorite character or some dude on the battle forum said they could...then your just silly.

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by SOG7dc (8204 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Chevy ftw! I drive a camaro and a challenger but I will never switch to the dark side!!!(ford)

#11 Edited by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@ssejllenrad: Chevy ftw! I drive a camaro and a challenger but I will never switch to the dark side!!!(ford)

#12 Posted by Lvenger (21246 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Superman and The Hulk are in my top 10 favourite superheroes. And one of the people I talk to most on here is a Hulk fan.

#13 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6460 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them both.

#14 Posted by SOG7dc (8204 posts) - - Show Bio

@digbykong: I love a mopar A's much A's the next guy but I'll take a good camaro any day.

#15 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Hulk are my two favourite superheroes...

#16 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is my favorite and I like Superman. That being said if they fought Hulk better crush him.

#17 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18816 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Both Superman and The Hulk are in my top 10 favourite superheroes. And one of the people I talk to most on here is a Hulk fan.

*high five*

#18 Posted by russellmania77 (15845 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both

#19 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just my thought.

People who like Superman don't like him for the power-set, they like him for his morality, leadership and symbolism. Superman is about self-control and inspiring mankind to be their very best.

People who like the Hulk like an unstoppable force of nature that destroys everything in his path. The Hulk is about being persecuted, misunderstood and lashing out at persecutors.

Though the two are similar in the sense that they're both very powerful, their characterizations are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

#20 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6469 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I drive a Dodge Stratus!

#21 Posted by ccraft (5595 posts) - - Show Bio

They usually argue over who would win in a fight, I'd have to say Superman. I like Hulk, but know very little of him..

I wonder who would win Hulk (Avengers cbm) vs Superman (MoS cbm) has anyone done this yet? :)

#22 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1405 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by MonsterStomp (20585 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk fans be trippin.

"Due to Hulks infinite strength, Superman will eventually lose"

"Hulks strength will eventually pass Superman's strength"

Superman fans be flippin.

"You're a dumb c*nt, Superman will toss Hulk into outa space before Hulk scratches his ass"

Then Hulk fans be flippin.

"Sir. No need for such hostile and hurtful words!"

That's how sh*t works.