• 149 results
#101 Edited by Thorverine (452 posts) - - Show Bio

WW is strong as heck and it's worth a discussion, but in the end I think most people give Thor the strength advantage. Ironically, I view them in very similar roles in their respective universes. They each can rise to the occasion against anyone despite the odds (and low showings lol).

#102 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio
#103 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2148 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Maybe. He's taken hits from Planet Busters like Hulk and Thor and dished out some pretty mean hits also. I'm not saying he's stronger or as durable but he's up their maybe not so close but he isn't far off. He's closer to Aquaman than to her. Hercules is more on her level.

#104 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: well durability wise maybe he isn't far off,but strength wise?,i haven seen him do anything close to WW's strength feats.

but here are people that don't know about her to the point that they think ms marvel in on her level of strength and think ms marvel is a thread to her,so at this point nothing can suiprise me,too many people that don't know anything about WW or they are trolling(sometimes both),so they sell her short.

#105 Posted by w0nd (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: well durability wise maybe he isn't far off,but strength wise?,i haven seen him do anything close to WW's strength feats.

but here are people that don't know about her to the point that they think ms marvel in on her level of strength and think ms marvel is a thread to her,so at this point nothing can suiprise me,too many people that don't know anything about WW or they are trolling(sometimes both),so they sell her short.

true, but he's never needed to do anything stupid like move a planet without deathly negative effects because batman prepped for that....him lifting a snake wrapped around the earth was insanity to me

#106 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: we are talking about the thing,one user said the thing is much stronger than WW,and i don't agree,i haven't seen him do the strength feats that WW has done,like lifting an asteroid bigger than manhattan by herself with complete ease.

#107 Posted by w0nd (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: the thing as in ben grimm? he is far weaker than wonder woman :S that's no contest

#108 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by PowerHerc (85517 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people say this because they've been tricked by DC's efforts to make Wonder Woman seem like a top-tier strength character.

#110 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2148 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Wait are you talking about Hercules or Thing (I'm guessing Thing) if so then yeah I guess I agree with you.

Ms Marvel is not to be underestimated though she is a worthy opponent to WW. Although WW is stronger and overall above her in every category Ms Marvel is a force to be reckoned with. But Pre 52 or Pre Crisis WW wouldn`t have that much trouble against Ms Marvel. New 52 WW would be a better fit against Ms Marvel.

#111 Posted by KingRobbStark (165 posts) - - Show Bio

WW is an overblown boring character. She is so boring that every character in all of comics should be allowed to beat her.

#112 Posted by w0nd (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Wait are you talking about Hercules or Thing (I'm guessing Thing) if so then yeah I guess I agree with you.

Ms Marvel is not to be underestimated though she is a worthy opponent to WW. Although WW is stronger and overall above her in every category Ms Marvel is a force to be reckoned with. But Pre 52 or Pre Crisis WW wouldn`t have that much trouble against Ms Marvel. New 52 WW would be a better fit against Ms Marvel.

doesn't new 52 have that stupid god mode?

#113 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2148 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Yeah but it isn`t really a game changer.

#114 Edited by tupiaz (2242 posts) - - Show Bio

On this forum DC is more popular and their character will be seen as stronger even if you compare them with an equal opponent from another universe. That DC probably has more overpower/powerful character is different discussion.

#115 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people say this because they've been tricked by DC's efforts to make Wonder Woman seem like a top-tier strength character.

DC didn't have to put any effort because WW has always been a top-tier strength character,when superman was moving trucks,trains and tanks she was moving planets,so she had much more strength than superman at first,after the 60s her strength was lowered but still one of the strongest and we can see that in her feats,so get your facts right.

#116 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

WW is an overblown boring character. She is so boring that every character in all of comics should be allowed to beat her.

that is a lame excuse,other people think the same about thor,and other characters,just like there are people that think batman is boring and overrated,so try to stay objective.

#117 Edited by PowerHerc (85517 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

DC didn't have to put any effort because WW has always been a top-tier strength character,when superman was moving trucks,trains and tanks she was moving planets,so she had much more strength than superman at first,after the 60s her strength was lowered but still one of the strongest and we can see that in her feats,so get your facts right.

For the vast majority of WW's existence she neither had nor demonstrated strength anywhere near Superman's, including pre-1960's. She only started to become mentioned with the other strength characters after the 1987 reboot.

These are the facts. Maybe you ought to get them straight.

#118 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (910 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a better fighter though, that's for sure.

#119 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@powerherc said:

For the vast majority of WW's existence she neither had nor demonstrated strength anywhere near Superman's, including pre-1960's. She only started to become mentioned with the other strength characters after the 1987 reboot.

These are the facts. Maybe you ought to get them straight.

excuse me?.

wonder woman 1941-1969 strength feats.

moving a planet,a moon,the sun,an island and a volcano with one hand,these aren't feats comparable to superman?,and there are much more examples.

#120 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

see?,this is my problem,pre 52 wonder woman is way above ms marvel,she can one shotte ms marvel,ms marvel would need to be binary to put up a fight,since 1941 to 2010,WW performed feats that put to shame everything ms marvel has ever done in her 45 years of career,yet some people think she is a good match for wonder woman?,see?,you'll never find some people underestimating characters like hulk,thor and superman as often as they do with wonder woman,it's so unfair.

#121 Edited by w0nd (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: now to wait patiently for a response after you pasted those scans :P

#122 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@gokuwarrior: now to wait patiently for a response after you pasted those scans :P

of course,what do you expect?,he said that DC tried to treat people into thinking WW is a top tier strength character,saying that she never had comparable strength feats to top tier characters before 1987,so i had to post scans to prove him wrong.

#123 Posted by PowerHerc (85517 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior:

WW is only moving the sun and towing a moon with the help of her plane. She's not doing either solely using just her strength.

The planet she lassos and spins around is already moving without any help from her. She doesn't move it using strength, she only used it's momentum to hurl it into a meteor.

The island and whale feats are both well under what Superman did in that era (Superman moved multiple planets when he was still Superboy) and can still do in today's era so they aren't even relevant.

The super-breath feat isn't a strength-feat, thus it's not germane to this discussion.

#124 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7194 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmm..Cause their are more DC fans in the net?..That and DC will always constantly do something to make her more overratedly powerful..lol

#125 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: she is moving the moon by herself,in the first part of the scan the plane isn't moving when she is pulling the moon twards her,and she is the one pulling the sun while her plane moves,if she couldn't handle the weight of the sun,then the sun would have crawled her out of her plane while it was moving.

and here you have more scans.

#126 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

some people just can't give wonder woman credit for anything.

#127 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

damn...

#128 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: what do you think about the user "powerherc" saying that diana has never been a real top tier strength character?.

i don't understand how these people underestimate her so much.

#129 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: I don't agree, how can DC trick it's fans that she's top tier when she's fought evenly with other top tiers, has stats equal to or greater than other top tiers and has even beat a few top tiers in the past. Powerherc either simply doesn't know enough about wonder woman to post an unbiased and completely acknowledgeable response or he's just f*cking with you since he knows better.

#130 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: i don't know,by the way what do you think about wonder woman moving the moon and the sun?,powerherc said she didn't use her strength,he said it was her plane.

#131 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: well, if not Wonder Woman's strength....then I guess Powerherc is suggesting the invisible plane is strong enough to pull the weight of the Sun and the Moon. By that logic, if I were to tie an unbreakable chain to a jet and attach it to something that weighs about 500,000 tons the plane should be strong enough to carry it into space and beyond no problem, when in reality that weight wouldn't move an inch and the plane would be torn in two....Pre Crisis Wonder Woman not having the strength to pull a sun or a moon and her plane carrying most or all the weight makes no sense whatsoever, unless Powerherc also thinks that the invisible plane is sturdy and strong enough to carry solar bodies without any assistance .... the unbreakable rope doesn't count towards the strength of the pull, only allows the pull to commence. Powerherc is f*cking with you now, he knows better than this....biased wanker he tends to be.

#132 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: well, if not Wonder Woman's strength....then I guess Powerherc is suggesting the invisible plane is strong enough to pull the weight of the Sun and the Moon. By that logic, if I were to tie an unbreakable chain to a jet and attach it to something that weighs about 500,000 tons the plane should be strong enough to carry it into space and beyond no problem, when in reality that weight wouldn't move an inch and the plane would be torn in two....Pre Crisis Wonder Woman not having the strength to pull a sun or a moon and her plane carrying most or all the weight makes no sense whatsoever, unless Powerherc also thinks that the invisible plane is sturdy and strong enough to carry solar bodies without any assistance .... the unbreakable rope doesn't count towards the strength of the pull, only allows the pull to commence. Powerherc is f*cking with you now, he knows better than this....biased wanker he tends to be.

and let's not forget that WW is carring the sun with her hand,if she wouldn't have been able to handle the weight of the sun,then the weight of sun would have crawled her out of her plane while it was moving right?.

#133 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: yeah, if she wasn't able to handle pulling the sun, the planes speed along with the weight of the sun would've yanked her off the plane or torn her body apart ...

#134 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio
#135 Edited by Pokeysteve (8774 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with Marvel vs DC power levels is that Marvel never had a reboot. The Silver Age was the peak of all of these characters powers and the Marvel fans reference them as if they are still that strong, fast, and so on. Thor was never rebooted but power levels did fall with the times. Compare feats from the last 25 years.

Wonder Woman isn't stronger than Thor. No way. She should beat him in a fight though. Anything he can dish can be blocked or dodged. She's also strong, fast and skilled enough to hit him repeatedly. He does have the reach advantage though =D

#136 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

The question is strength, correct?

In that instance, I would say Thor but not by much of a margin. Marvel and DC aren't comparable but in this attempt - I would give the strength edging to Thor. Wonder Woman is incredibly strong -- not just quick or warrior but STRONG. It's an interesting comparison and a worthy one, considering how both characters are considered incredibly strong in their respective universes.

#137 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve:i won't argue about who wins,but some people forget that wonder woman is also super strong,super fast and super durable,she is very fast in combat and can take a lot of damage without a problem,some people here underestimate her a lot.

#138 Posted by Pokeysteve (8774 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve:i won't argue about who wins,but some people forget that wonder woman is also super strong,super fast and super durable,she is very fast in combat and can take a lot of damage without a problem,some people here underestimate her a lot.

Most people do. It's a real shame.

#139 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio
#140 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (846 posts) - - Show Bio

She's Faster and More durable than thor and they are both Smart But Thor is stronger .

#141 Posted by MysticMedivh (5990 posts) - - Show Bio

She's Faster and More durable than thor and they are both Smart But Thor is stronger .

I'm not a WW expert, but what are her best durability feats? Because Thor's durability is on par if not above Superman's IMO.

#142 Posted by Jayc1324 (14034 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they want to. I don't believe she is though.

#143 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (846 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest said:

I'm not a WW expert, but what are her best durability feats? Because Thor's durability is on par if not above Superman's IMO.

Wonder Woman took 5 kill shots from the angry Skyfather/Death God Hades, without falling.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337647

WW takes a kill shot from the Shattered God, a being who was more powerful than every single god in the entire universe.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337655

Wonder Woman energy manipulates, and withstands the full power of Zeus. How powerful is Zeus? He killed the God of Space, repowered all the God's the Shattered God had captured, and he was the only God who actually staggered the Mighty Cronus.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337659

onder Woman takes a direct scream from Silver Swan. How powerful is her scream?

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337661

Powerful enough to obliterate Invisible tech. WW says it's as powerful as Zeus' Thunderbolt. How do we know this? Well...

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337662

The Invisible tech can withstand being inside the sun. Yet Silver Swan's scream obliterates it easily. Diana takes those screams all the time.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337664

The scan is clear. Wonder Woman batters Nekron, the guy from Blackest night. And takes the Brunts of his attacks. I know you know how powerful Nekron is. High end Abstract.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337666

i Belive she's More durable than thor .

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2337667

There is more

thor is not More durable than Superman it may Be equal to superman any way Show me Thor durability feat's i know Most of he's Durability Feats But JJust Show me His Durability feats :

#144 Edited by MysticMedivh (5990 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest Nekron isn't an abstract, but he is powerful and high end.

Thor's durability includes:

• Fighting in the core of the sun, which is about 27-30 million degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Shrugging off psionic blasts from Moondragon who was amped with the Mind Gem.
  • Tanking a blast from Thanos that destroyed a planet of 41 billion inhabitants.
  • Tanking a planet busting bomb while unconscious.
  • Shrugging off a blast equal to the power of an exploding star.
  • Resisting and breaking free from the gravity of a neutron star.
  • Bearing the weight of half a planet.

And his most impressive feat is tanking multiple blasts head-on from the Fourth Host of the Celestials (with the Celestials being on par with Galactus) yet remaining conscious and continuing to fight.

Not in any particular order

#145 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (846 posts) - - Show Bio

@mysticmedivh said:

@thebestofthebest Nekron isn't an abstract, but he is powerful and high end.

Thor's durability includes:

• Fighting in the core of the sun, which is about 27-30 million degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Shrugging off psionic blasts from Moondragon who was amped with the Mind Gem.
  • Tanking a blast from Thanos that destroyed a planet of 41 billion inhabitants.
  • Tanking a planet busting bomb while unconscious.
  • Shrugging off a blast equal to the power of an exploding star.
  • Resisting and breaking free from the gravity of a neutron star.
  • Bearing the weight of half a planet.

And his most impressive feat is tanking multiple blasts head-on from the Fourth Host of the Celestials (with the Celestials being on par with Galactus) yet remaining conscious and continuing to fight.

Not in any particular order

Yeah His More Durable Than WW Yeah Nice Feat's , I Got Some WW Feat of Durability are impressive They may be equal .

I saw This Feat's Lol Any Way Nice Feat's :)

#146 Edited by Outside_85 (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if we want to go back to the roots of the matter, we have to go all the way back to Marston and his original introduction of Diana and her abilities, where she was presented as being 'stronger than Hercules' which is something she did manage to prove once or twice.

While Marvel Thor has the better strength feats, normally he and Herc are depicted as being equal in terms of raw strength... and spoofed as done here:

So the simplistic way of saying 'WW is stronger than Thor' is: Thor=Hercules<Wonder Woman.

#147 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (590 posts) - - Show Bio

She isn't stronger, just more powerful overall.

#148 Edited by Cgoodness (6667 posts) - - Show Bio

Its really not fair to compare her to someone who was basically created to be stronger than the Hulk (you can just google that and see Stan Lee flat out say that)

#149 Posted by deadcool_XD (1996 posts) - - Show Bio

thor fanboy believes they are better than superman fanboy as wonderwoman fanboy believes they are better than thor fanboy.