#1 Posted by Bezza (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

Since joining in May I've noticed there are far more negative posts than positive ones which seems strange as comics are generally something people who take the trouble to join an internet site to discuss, must like pretty much. People complaining about writers, characters, films etc....just wondered why? It seems to be that its a very good time to be into comic books, what with all the films that are out and some pretty good titles out there too....

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

In my experience, people tend to be more vocal about things being wrong than things being right, in most parts of life.

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7487 posts) - - Show Bio

What Scarlotte said, and when people get steeped in something for too long, they often become jaded and cynical.

It isn't a problem that's exclusive to CV either, there are whiners everywhere on the internet.

#4 Posted by ownagepants (4582 posts) - - Show Bio

People are bolder on the internet where their is no risk of being hit

#5 Posted by kyrees (5124 posts) - - Show Bio

people are more likely to complain than praise. it's irrelevant whether it's in the comics or not.

#6 Posted by SC (13121 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only are some of the above answers true but also as common is that people often fail to realize when they appear to be moaning (when I/they do it its valid, but when others do it its moaning am I right?) and also others often overestimate how much others moan. Its a type of psychological pat on the back. I see many posters complain about complainers, moan about moaners or be negative about others negativity. People often fail to distinguish the difference between objective and consider criticism and blind subjective negativity, or they forget that some people actually enjoy being angry and negative sometimes. Can be a type of release and way to de-stress. Point is not everyone is the same and other people aren't always the best at figuring out others and so the assumptions and generalizations flood in…

So I try be candid and respectful as far as other peoples supposed moaning, who am I too judge how they should act or behave? As long as they aren't hurting people they should indulge in whatever mannerisms they want, especially when it comes to fiction. Personally I love being ultra critical of things, comics included, its a type of appreciation to me in fact, but I have known some emotional or naive people to confuse sincere critical analysis with unfounded complaining just because they have lower standards and have this strange idea that people should love what they love. Basically it comes down to not projecting or being ignorant about others and if one is, then don't judge.

#7 Edited by cameron83 (7350 posts) - - Show Bio

In my experience, people tend to be more vocal about things being wrong than things being right, in most parts of life.

#8 Posted by RustyRoy (12772 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

So you're saying.. viners are whiners?

#10 Posted by Vitalius (1948 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by RetconCrisis (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

Who says you are safe?... none are safe... no one...

#12 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11636 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Generally when people complain about something in this site, it's generally about two things:

• General behavior about a certain fanbase or populus
  • New things coming out breaking the mold and basically changing things that have been a particular way for years, even decades.

A lot of the people here on this site (particularly the veterans who are the most outspoken) have been into and reading comics since well before Flashpoint in DC and Marvel Now! in..Marvel. So when things like Wondy getting together with Supes and Doc Ock taking over Spider-Man's body happens, the community may get into an outrage. And since these retconning things are relatively recent (I know Marvel Now isn't technically a retcon, but it is changing certain things for the future), the more things come out and essentially step on the past, the more people will be uncomfortable and lash out at the changes, clinging to nostalgia.

Not making any judgements, just a quick psychoanalysis of the site made in an attempt to answer the question.

EDIT:(I guess "general" is my favorite word lol)

#14 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Its cooler to hate on something than to like it.

#15 Posted by HumanRocket (8209 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't post the reason why most viners moan because it's inappropriate for the web (;

#16 Edited by The Stegman (24472 posts) - - Show Bio

Complaining is easier than complimenting.

#17 Posted by SilverPool (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't post the reason why most viners moan because it's inappropriate for the web (;

Do you mean.... what I think you mean?

#18 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

People just like to bitch. I'm sure when the second dude learned to talk the first thing he did was probably to tell the dude who invented language how crappy his invention was.

#19 Posted by HumanRocket (8209 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

Do you mean.... what I think you mean?

They enjoy eating bacon so much.

Well I'm getting the ban hammer now.

#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5894 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

Generally when people complain about something in this site, it's generally about two things:

• General behavior about a certain fanbase or populus
  • New things coming out breaking the mold and basically changing things that have been a particular way for years, even decades.

A lot of the people here on this site (particularly the veterans who are the most outspoken) have been into and reading comics since well before Flashpoint in DC and Marvel Now! in..Marvel. So when things like Wondy getting together with Supes and Doc Ock taking over Spider-Man's body happens, the community may get into an outrage. And since these retconning things are relatively recent (I know Marvel Now isn't technically a retcon, but it is changing certain things for the future), the more things come out and essentially step on the past, the more people will be uncomfortable and lash out at the changes, clinging to nostalgia.

Not making any judgements, just a quick psychoanalysis of the site made in an attempt to answer the question.

EDIT:(I guess "general" is my favorite word lol)

Basically this.