Why do so many comic viners moan so much?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Since joining in May I've noticed there are far more negative posts than positive ones which seems strange as comics are generally something people who take the trouble to join an internet site to discuss, must like pretty much. People complaining about writers, characters, films etc....just wondered why? It seems to be that its a very good time to be into comic books, what with all the films that are out and some pretty good titles out there too....

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

In my experience, people tend to be more vocal about things being wrong than things being right, in most parts of life.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

What Scarlotte said, and when people get steeped in something for too long, they often become jaded and cynical.

It isn't a problem that's exclusive to CV either, there are whiners everywhere on the internet.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

People are bolder on the internet where their is no risk of being hit

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people are more likely to complain than praise. it's irrelevant whether it's in the comics or not.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 SC  Moderator

Not only are some of the above answers true but also as common is that people often fail to realize when they appear to be moaning (when I/they do it its valid, but when others do it its moaning am I right?) and also others often overestimate how much others moan. Its a type of psychological pat on the back. I see many posters complain about complainers, moan about moaners or be negative about others negativity. People often fail to distinguish the difference between objective and consider criticism and blind subjective negativity, or they forget that some people actually enjoy being angry and negative sometimes. Can be a type of release and way to de-stress. Point is not everyone is the same and other people aren't always the best at figuring out others and so the assumptions and generalizations flood in…

So I try be candid and respectful as far as other peoples supposed moaning, who am I too judge how they should act or behave? As long as they aren't hurting people they should indulge in whatever mannerisms they want, especially when it comes to fiction. Personally I love being ultra critical of things, comics included, its a type of appreciation to me in fact, but I have known some emotional or naive people to confuse sincere critical analysis with unfounded complaining just because they have lower standards and have this strange idea that people should love what they love. Basically it comes down to not projecting or being ignorant about others and if one is, then don't judge.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By cameron83

In my experience, people tend to be more vocal about things being wrong than things being right, in most parts of life.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you're saying.. viners are whiners?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who says you are safe?... none are safe... no one...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By hart7668

Generally when people complain about something in this site, it's generally about two things:

• General behavior about a certain fanbase or populus
  • New things coming out breaking the mold and basically changing things that have been a particular way for years, even decades.

A lot of the people here on this site (particularly the veterans who are the most outspoken) have been into and reading comics since well before Flashpoint in DC and Marvel Now! in..Marvel. So when things like Wondy getting together with Supes and Doc Ock taking over Spider-Man's body happens, the community may get into an outrage. And since these retconning things are relatively recent (I know Marvel Now isn't technically a retcon, but it is changing certain things for the future), the more things come out and essentially step on the past, the more people will be uncomfortable and lash out at the changes, clinging to nostalgia.

Not making any judgements, just a quick psychoanalysis of the site made in an attempt to answer the question.

EDIT:(I guess "general" is my favorite word lol)

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Its cooler to hate on something than to like it.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't post the reason why most viners moan because it's inappropriate for the web (;

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Complaining is easier than complimenting.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't post the reason why most viners moan because it's inappropriate for the web (;

Do you mean.... what I think you mean?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

People just like to bitch. I'm sure when the second dude learned to talk the first thing he did was probably to tell the dude who invented language how crappy his invention was.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

Do you mean.... what I think you mean?

They enjoy eating bacon so much.

Well I'm getting the ban hammer now.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@hart7668 said:

Generally when people complain about something in this site, it's generally about two things:

• General behavior about a certain fanbase or populus
  • New things coming out breaking the mold and basically changing things that have been a particular way for years, even decades.

A lot of the people here on this site (particularly the veterans who are the most outspoken) have been into and reading comics since well before Flashpoint in DC and Marvel Now! in..Marvel. So when things like Wondy getting together with Supes and Doc Ock taking over Spider-Man's body happens, the community may get into an outrage. And since these retconning things are relatively recent (I know Marvel Now isn't technically a retcon, but it is changing certain things for the future), the more things come out and essentially step on the past, the more people will be uncomfortable and lash out at the changes, clinging to nostalgia.

Not making any judgements, just a quick psychoanalysis of the site made in an attempt to answer the question.

EDIT:(I guess "general" is my favorite word lol)

Basically this.