Why do people think MoS Superman was so fast?

• 92 results
bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@the_stegman said:

I have a question, and this is in general. Why the hell do people care about feats so much?? Who cares if Superman is a bullet timer or not?? Can't we just enjoy the movie?? People take battle forum feats and turn them into cinematic criticisms.

this.... even though I don't think the op was trying to criticize the movie, some people actually accuse a movie of being a failure when the movie character is not shown as powerful as the battle forum counterpart

Yeah thank you, I really wasn't trying to criticize the movie. I really did enjoy it, I was just asking a question in this post.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If character can move at some speed under his own powers, then he can react and fight at these speeds as well. Period.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53 the_stegman  Moderator

@bflynn316: Just wanna say, I wasn't singling you out, I was speaking on the topic as a whole, no problems with your thread ^.^

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: Just wanna say, I wasn't singling you out, I was speaking on the topic as a whole, no problems with your thread ^.^

Thank you, and I agree with your statement for the record!

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

@bflynn316Ironman reaction Speed post them I would like to see this great feat you are talking about.

No Caption Provided

This comes to mind, but there are many more instances showing his reaction time being close to bullet time.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By botanix

@bflynn316 said:
@tensor said:

@bflynn316Ironman reaction Speed post them I would like to see this great feat you are talking about.

No Caption Provided

This comes to mind, but there are many more instances showing his reaction time being close to bullet time.

Do you even understand what you see here? There is a difference in avoiding a bullet in a close distance and half a mile away. There was an episode on muthbusters, what you see on the gif... people can replicate - regular people. It took a bullet 0,3-0,4 second to reach him? you can't react to that? People have reaction time 0.2 sec or lower. Why you normally cant avoid a bullet? It is too close and not visible, tank is far enough for you to react > 0.2 sec and the bullet / gunfire is visible. If you can see it, and it reaches you withing your reaction time range, you can avoid it, it is that simple. Would i do it? No because if i miss or do it too late I die, but it is possible... If the tank was a bit closer, it would not be possible.

reaction close to bullet time

Typical here, there is no such thing as bullet time... It all depends how far away the gun is! Tanks was far away, it took bullet 0.3 sec to reach IM, human has reaction time of 0.2 on average - nothing above human reaction time lvl here.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people seperate travel speed and reaction time anyways?

They're directly related. You can't travel at high speeds without the reaction time needed to change direction and know where you're going.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slayz said:

Why do people seperate travel speed and reaction time anyways?

They're directly related. You can't travel at high speeds without the reaction time needed to change direction and know where you're going.

Except you can in comics. Surfer travels millions of times FTL. Do you have any idea what that means? He could cover the whole Earth's surface many times in 1 second. Yet Thanos, with ZERO speed feats, tags him all the time. We are talking orders of magnitudes in difference between travel and combat speed in that instance.

Clearly there is a disparity here. This is FAR from the only example I could post for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@toratorn said:

If character can move at some speed under his own powers, then he can react and fight at these speeds as well. Period.

Sorry, completely, totally disagree.

Say it was 3 seconds and 2 lightyears (could have been shorter and much longer). He was then traveling 21,024,000 TIMES FTL.
Say it was 3 seconds and 2 lightyears (could have been shorter and much longer). He was then traveling 21,024,000 TIMES FTL.
Definitely not FTL...
Definitely not FTL...

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: That's an arbitrary standard that still makes no sense.

The real reason people can tag characters like Surfer is because it would be boring if he sidestepped everyone below him. It's common sense that a character needs reaction time in accordance with their travel speed, or at least close to it.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Oh, and by the way, how do you know Thanos isn't amping himself up to FTL to tag Surfer?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@toratorn said:

THANK! YOU!!

I've been saying this for the last 5 years!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@petey_is_spidey@toratorn@slayz if a character can move at some speed under his own powers, then he can react and fight at these speeds as well. Period.

THANK! YOU!!

I've been saying this for the last 5 years!

I just proved that this is not true, unequivocally, with post 59. Cognitive dissonance is hard, but you'll get there dude.

That is far from the only time Thanos has done that to Surfer. He wasnt amped, or maybe he was in every instance ever?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

superman isn't all that

Terraplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Terraplex

just wait till BvS and watch Bruce pull a fast one on Clake

:P

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel bulletproof characters being hit by bullets shouldn't count against their reflexes from a feats standpoint. The characters weren't trying and failing to dodge bullets, they merely didn't bother trying to avoid them because they knew the bullets weren't a threat.

If I were in a combat situation and people were throwing bits of paper at me I'd be getting tagged a lot too, even if I was fast enough to dodge them. There are other things that deserve my attention.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: and you don't think that the fact that Thanos wrecked Surfer makes him FTL in reactions as well, huh? That's consistent with Thanos beating up heralds and even tangling with Skyfathers. Also, while travel speed should always convert to reaction speed, it may not work vice a verca.

@petey_is_spidey: good to know there are people who think so. It would be much more easier if there were more dudes to agree with that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@toratorn: You don't think I can post scans of Thanos getting owned by Gamora, for instance?

There are plenty of instances of Thanos fighting regular people. FTL combat is impossible for Gamora, Drax, Black Bolt, Namor, etc., and those people have all fought Thanos. If you think those guys are anywhere near FTL then we are done here. If Thanos fights at FTL, Black Bolt's soundwaves should be moving so slow Thanos could dance around them.

Light is millions of times faster than sound. If your opponent is only 2x faster than you then they have a near insurmountable advantage... much less being millions of times faster than you. Thanos clearly isn't at that level of speed.

It doesnt make sense, I agree, but we can prove travel speed is different from combat speed pretty easily here. And combat speed is different from travel speed in the other way too. For instance, Spider-Man has insane combat speed but that doesn't mean he runs around at supersonic speeds.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel bulletproof characters being hit by bullets shouldn't count against their reflexes from a feats standpoint. The characters weren't trying and failing to dodge bullets, they merely didn't bother trying to avoid them because they knew the bullets weren't a threat.

If I were in a combat situation and people were throwing bits of paper at me I'd be getting tagged a lot too, even if I was fast enough to dodge them. There are other things that deserve my attention.

This is like saying that the Flash usually phases through objects that are thrown at him because he can't dodge them. No it's because he doesn't want to waste his time in dodging the object.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:
@bflynn316 said:
@tensor said:

No Caption Provided

Do you even understand what you see here? There is a difference in avoiding a bullet in a close distance and half a mile away. There was an episode on muthbusters, what you see on the gif... people can replicate - regular people. It took a bullet 0,3-0,4 second to reach him? you can't react to that? People have reaction time 0.2 sec or lower. Why you normally cant avoid a bullet? It is too close and not visible, tank is far enough for you to react > 0.2 sec and the bullet / gunfire is visible. If you can see it, and it reaches you withing your reaction time range, you can avoid it, it is that simple. Would i do it? No because if i miss or do it too late I die, but it is possible... If the tank was a bit closer, it would not be possible.

reaction close to bullet time

Typical here, there is no such thing as bullet time... It all depends how far away the gun is! Tanks was far away, it took bullet 0.3 sec to reach IM, human has reaction time of 0.2 on average - nothing above human reaction time lvl here.

Ok that's a fair point, I didn't know all that information. No need to be so aggressive dude, nobody punched your grandma here.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: No need to be so aggressive dude, nobody punched your grandma here.

My bad, sorry :)

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@bflynn316: No need to be so aggressive dude, nobody punched your grandma here.

My bad, sorry :)

It's all good

Bladewolf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Bladewolf2

Because he is, he is WAY more faster than any slow ass MCU hero.

He mastered superspeed in BvS, Clark has Faora-like speed now

Loading Video...

00:24

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haters go Hate!!

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: because he was. That's why he didn't fight like a human being or enhanced supersoldier. He fought like sound speed ain't no thang but a chicken wang. Shockwaves coming from connected hits, him moving around a similar speed to faora in combat who may not have been light speed. Is still a lot faster than people are giving her credit for.

I'm not implying you are but don't try to discredit supes speed, it was there, just not as much as his comic self

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: No, of course I'm not discrediting his speed, I know he was very fast. I'm just asking how fast his reaction time was, because I don't think I have a great handle on that.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316: oh, sorry my bad, didn't mean to go all aggro on you. I'm not exactly the right person to ask about his speed cause there's other guys who care about calculating that stuff but I do know that him and his hits(occasionally) were moving around Mach 1 least hence the shockwaves.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Batman v Superman : Crossfire.

http://i.imgur.com/NNGE6m5.jpg

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Batman v Superman : Crossfire.

http://i.imgur.com/NNGE6m5.jpg

That's not from Crossfire, It's from the guide flipbook.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: same difference. It's canon, that's all that matters. MoS is faster than your average bullet timer.

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about his reaction/strike speed (which seemed super sonic to me), but dude flew from one side of the earth to the other in a minute or two

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ThePreface

@k_brimstone: the link I posted said his reaction speed is just as fast as his flight speed. Otherwise he'd crash into shit all the time.

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
deactivated-5bbee326da7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone upload gifs from the new BvS trailer on particular the one where he catches whatever batman shoots at him and the other when he flies into the burning area

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bflynn316:

he was fast. per the special effect lead director he can punch faster than the speed of sound. also per the official canon bvs guide book states he lightening reflexes

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

blitzes a heavily armored batman through a building in a second

No Caption Provided

reacts and counters batman flying kick

No Caption Provided

ddoges thousands f dragonfly bullets until he was tagged by one.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

mos easily reacts and catches a grenade launched from batman gun

No Caption Provided

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I think its a bit late for that now.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By segamarvel

@tonymartial: Meh. Better late then never. On the plus side can't call it a spoiler either since it's "late".

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

That's not MoS Supes.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: Same universe. Different movie but still, my bad. Saw people use batman v superman images so I thought it was ok.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Very casual supersonic combat/movement/reaction speed

- Flew from one side of the earth to the other in minutes

- Blitzed beings with superspeed

- Could fly around and manoeuvre around skyscrapers in Metropolis at mach speeds

- Could instantly reach hypersonic speeds

He's ridiculously fast