Why do people think iron man 3 sucked?

• 51 results
shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't understand why it gets so much hate and I've seen the movie twice and still enjoy it and feel the character was done more justice then iron man 2 and it showed how tony is dealing with the aftermath of the avengers which lead to some very comedic scenes and it showed us Tonys latest tech. Now everyone acts like iron man 3 is the worse in the series when iron man 2 was and iron man 3 was almost better then iron man (IMO) but the fact tony got rid of all his armors and arch reactor and the mandarin knocked it down but not enough for me to flat out hate the movie why do people hate the mandarin twist so much if you payed attention to the movie you'll understand why we didn't get the actual mandarin cause if tony had to deal with something else alien he'd have a heart attack I mean if you said worm hole he'd have a panic attack I couldn't imagine how he'd act if he had to fight a guy with 10 alien rings but why did you hate the movie or why do you feel people hate the movie?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Holy run on sentence batman

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, you're just drawing more hate for making this thread. Great job...

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I didn't read your post because wall of text. So here's my generic response.

Given Iron Man grossed 1.2 billion dollars I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed Iron Man.

However the voices of the few are louder than the voices of the many. People who hated the movie will bitch louder and more often than people who enjoyed it.

Was it the best Ironman movie? No. Was it the worst CBM ever? Not even close.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Poor choice in main villain.

No Mandarin.

Poor Choice in main villain.

Tony whining about the events in the Avengers.

And poor choice in main villain.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Here we go....

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like it at first but enjoyed it the second time,I even bought the extremis graphic novel to see how they match up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Because people are angry Marvel can count to three while Valve can't.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus: in life people will hate you but will hate you and idc what people think about me if I did I wouldn't be the person I am today

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: sorry about that running off of 7 hours of sleep

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dondave
Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

People have the wrong expectations

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

• Mandarin, or whatever I call Ben Kingsley's character.
  • It was Tony Stark 3, not Iron Man 3 (he was barely in the armor!)
  • Another boring scientist as the villain (And this one just wasn't a likable character like the first two)
  • Pepper was annoying
  • Too much bad comedy
  • His name is War Machine, not Iron Patriot!
  • Where the Hell was SHIELD?
  • The origin for the villain was stupid (he's mad because years ago Tony wanted to spend the night with a woman than a geeky scientist?)
  • They tried to add a darker tone to it (which I felt was trying to rip off the Nolan Batman trilogy), which just didn't mix well with the humor.

I could go on.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By viin

The villains were terrible...it reminded me of Ghost Rider. Ironman didn't even defeat the main villain just his goons. Of course the Mandarin thing and the crap with the kid was very cliche. Pepper had super powers for about 2 minutes and Tony no longer has the arc in his heart that runs the suit and keeps him alive. If he could of taken it out that could of happen in the first movie after he was found roaming the dessert.

And IMO i think the flying parts of the suit were a little too much.

Ironman 2 was my favorite but I dont understand why that took so much hate either.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By reignmaker

RDJ is a kickass Iron Man without question, but Iron Man 1 and Avengers are far and away his best movies. Iron Man 2 and 3 are plagued by lackluster stories and even weaker villains.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucked. That's it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

IDK. I didn't think it was Dark Knight good or Dark Knight Rises bad IMO. I just thought it was more of a super hero comedy than a serious hero movie. I just want Thor 2 and Cap 2.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Because it did.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I personally thought it was the best Iron Man movie yet, second really only to the first one. I get why people have issues with it, but I really find some of the hate just silly.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Let the games begin!

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

I don't hate the movie, but it really didn't live up to the first 2 IMO. Unlike others I really enjoyed IM2, but 3 let me down massively. I re-watched it to see if I was just hating it for no good reason and got even more annoyed at it. I'm not an Iron Man fan when it comes to the comics, and even I gotta annoyed by The Mandarin twist.

The thing us, got back and watch Iron Man and you'll see that the terrorists have the symbol of the Ten Rings, yet in Iron Man 3,they basically say that the group doesn't even exist? Whoever wrote 3 obviously missed the first 2 films. It's sloppy writing.

Speaking of writing, the humour in it, to me, felt like Avengers being ripped off. It basically tried to be like Avengers with its inclusion of humour and it fell flat for me. The kid was ok on my first viewing, on the 2nd it was just bad, and the kid couldn't really act.

Then there's the ridiculous plot holes. House Party Protocol has a legion of remote controlled suits and he waits toll the absolute end to use it AND he's testing out his latest remote control suit throughout the film (which has no offensive capabilities)? His suit from the 1st film can survive hits from rockets and his latest "better" suit falls apart when it gets hit by a truck? Did they watch the 1st movie at all when they wrote this film?

I could rant about this film for about ten pages but I'll stop now.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#22  Edited By RazzaTazz

I would personally give IM3 about 3 out of 5. There wasn't really that much character development and instead wanted to coast off of the previously established characterizations. In practical terms though people like the series because of explosions, robots and RDJ. So really it is not really better or wore than the others in that sense.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People just hate anything that's not EXACTLY like the origins they're used to. What I've noticed is that people just like to complain about what happened so they can assert that whole "I read the book first" thing. It's not like that with everyone, but people just like to complain.

Personally, I like when stuff in the movies is changed. I always cite the Walking Dead as an example. I've read the comic, so I know what happens. If the show was exactly the same, it would be extremely boring. I wouldn't really be in suspense at all. The same goes for conventional CBMs. The fact that the origins are different leaves room for suspense and surprise. I loved the movie.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: well Jarvis stated in the hone raid that mark 42 was a prototype so it wouldn't be the finished module and wouldn't be packed full of weapons and was made to test out the self call feature where tony could call out the armor with a physical move instead of having to ask Jarvis or any other method and the movie was made to make money and to show us what tony has been up to but yea it did feel similar to the avengers but lacked on one thing joss whedon and I understand where your coming from at least you have the first 2 to enjoy :)

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon: I get where tiger coming from but I never understood why people always felt that if something is being darker and more mature it's copying batman or Nolan's batman I mean I personally love it when movies do that cause it makes it feel like the studio really care about the property or movie

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@shatiquego582: i liked it , it was fun and action-packed , helped me pronounce extremis (not extreme , but extremity), if any fault to the film, i would have liked to see more of the 10 rings members (like a cabal ) , and not much scenes with rhodey in armor .

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shatiquego582: but we already saw an earlier example of that type of tech in Avengers really with the bracelet. The reason they write it this way to me was nothing more than to provide a contrived level of difficulty or challenge for him throughout the film. Lots of movies do it, but in this case it was contrived and illogical. Ultimately it was still Jarvis controlling that suit too - in the end it wasn't differentiated from the other two dozen controlled suits.

I ha E no problems with changes from the source material here - i ha E no attachment to it, but when it basically ignores multiple precedences set by its own story and universe, that's when I have an issue with it.

For example during the end battle, he tells Rhody that so the suits are coded to only work for him - yet in the same scene we see Pepper control one, and earlier Extemis' henchmen have no problems controlling the War Machine suit. So they hacked? Then why couldn't the president control it? Because when they hacked it they locked it down to their guy? Then how did Rhody control it? These are internal issues for the film, and lots of it ignores things set by the previous 2 films. It was poorly written and the direction was bad IMO. RDJ was mostly fine in his role (albeit with a bad script) and for the most part I was ok with the rest of the cast. Can I understand why someone would enjoy it? Sure, but for me it was bad by the standard set be the previous films, in many ways.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa: well we new we weren't going to get Norman in the armor but wouldn't you think Sony have the rights to iron patriot cause it's linked to Norman? Oh well I mean it was enjoyable and was the second best iron man movie in my opinion

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shatiquego582

@wishiwassuperman: iron patriot/war machine was only a modified version of mark 2 and was never linked to Rhodes not like Tonys new armors cause they were coded to him but the little nano machines he injected into himself in the first couple minutes before he tested out mark 42 self command system and pepper broke off the arm of the armor and used it how tony used the flight stabilizers in iron man one when he was testing them out before fully making mark 3 and tony has access to tech no body else does but one plot hole that pissed me and my gf off in the theater was the fact they didn't have a call sign for iron patriot in case he was compromised and didn't check to see if Rhodes was in the armor

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By HumanRocket

If you enjoy it then who cares what other people think. People dislike Gone In 60 seconds they call it a bad movie but I enjoy it I can watch it a million times but you don't see me trying to convince people to think its a good film.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_stegman  Moderator

1. Too much bad comedy, I expect RDJ to be crackin' wise, but when you have standard, inept thugs doing it too, you need to think about your life choices

2. Tony insisting on using a flimsy a** prototype suit instead of the one that was tanking blows from a god.

3. Tony giving a terrorist his home address, and daring him to come, then being unprepared for when the terrorist terrorizes him.

4. The Mandarin being a pathetic actor

5. The REAL Mandarin becoming a supervillain just because Tony hurt his feelings (cough "Incredibles plot" cough)

6. Tony becoming Spider-Man and doing stupid flips and cartwheels to catch his armor as it comes to him piece by piece

7. The token lovable kid being there for no reason besides him being lovable.

8. Pepper becoming "Super Pepper" for some reason

9. Those lame fire people that kept chasing Tony, they literally felt like extra mutant thugs that the X-Men franchise is known for.

10. Tony deciding to get the surgery that removed the shrapnel from his heart at the end of the film instead of in Iron Man 2, when it was...KILLING HIM.

11. Turning a potentially interesting PTSD ailment into an excuse to have more comedic situations

12. A pointless after credit scene that established nothing.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SandMan_
shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: not trying to convince I just wanted to know why People liked or hated it

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1. Too much bad comedy, I expect RDJ to be crackin' wise, but when you have standard, inept thugs doing it too, you need to think about your life choices

2. Tony insisting on using a flimsy a** prototype suit instead of the one that was tanking blows from a god.

3. Tony giving a terrorist his home address, and daring him to come, then being unprepared for when the terrorist terrorizes him.

5. The REAL Mandarin becoming a supervillain just because Tony hurt his feelings (cough "Incredibles plot" cough)

6. Tony becoming Spider-Man and doing stupid flips and cartwheels to catch his armor as it comes to him piece by piece

9. Those lame fire people that kept chasing Tony, they literally felt like extra mutant thugs that the X-Men franchise is known for.

10. Tony deciding to get the surgery that removed the shrapnel from his heart at the end of the film instead of in Iron Man 2, when it was...KILLING HIM.

11. Turning a potentially interesting PTSD ailment into an excuse to have more comedic situations

I agree with everything you said, but I still don't get where people get this idea from. Killan had an epiphany on the balcony that night about just how to gain power, and he set out to do it through manipulation of the US government's operations. Hatred for Tony wasn't what was pushing him. He even thanked Stark for that revelation of just how to gain that power. I agree with most of what you said, but I feel people started with that "KILLAN WAS INSPIRED BY THE INCREDIBLES!" point after that Honest Trailers video.

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I see where your coming from and I think he's other armors we seen in other movies might of been in stark tower (soon to be avengers tower) but I could be wrong

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something happened to the dialogue... I mean it wasn't Arrow-bad but it felt like Downey had no input in the script (or at least his own lines) as opposed to Iron Man 1, 2 and Avengers... He shouldn't have relied too much on Shane Black. Don Cheadle's lines were the worst IMO (he was so underused in this film, it sucks).

Pepper becoming extremis-infected and saving the day ruined the film even more. It basically summed up the cheesiness of the entire final act.

The funny thing is that I blame Disney. Back when Disney bought Marvel, everyone started bashing the upcoming films because everyone was afraid that they were going to be too kid-friendly - I backfired at anyone who said that, but Iron Man 3 proved me wrong... The film lost it's magic of the first and second films. Iron Man 3 still has Robert Downey Jr. but the tone just went off-course.

So I have issues with the movie... But I'm still one of the few people who enjoyed it. Like I said, it lost it's magic from the other films but it was still an entertaining flick.

Anyway, you gotta look on the bright side - anyone who thinks that Iron Man 3 was worse than Green Lantern needs to get a brain-check.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The Mandarin twist almost flat out ruined it. The whole build up to it made me think the Mandarin was going to be the greatest villain so far in a CBM.
  2. Pepper was really annoying
  3. He has suits that are able to come to command and survive nukes yet he wants a suit that comes it parts and that he can break with a crowbar
  4. The main villains entire reason to kill and destroy Tony Stark is because he stood him up,really? I'm not saying its an incredibles plot but if he was able to go and do all this anyway to be able to destroy Tony,why exactly did he need him?
  5. S.H.I.E.L.D didn't care one of there member of SUPERHERO GUYS THAT FIGHT GODS is getting attacked or having his house blown up by missles.
  6. Tony wore the suit 2-3 times throughout the entire movie. The rest of the time he was either piloting with the glasses thing or being all Sam Fisher.
  7. Pepper kills main bad guy not Tony.
  8. Tony having constant panic attacks even though hes perfectly capable and confident to building gadgets and sneaking into the compound to face who he thought was one of the biggest terrorists ever.
  9. Tony gave a kid a weapon that probably caused a bully to go blind.
  10. Tony couldn't give Rodey a suit but was capable of having ViceP,Pepper and Killian wear the suits.
  11. Why were the called the 10 rings when they had nothing to do with Mandarian's ring and they were fire breathing superhumans?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#38 vance_astro  Moderator

1.They ruined the Mandarin and to make matters worse, people defend it.
2.They ruined Extremis. Which is possibly the greatest Iron Man storyline ever.
3.Pepper Potts.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Tyrus

1.They ruined the Mandarin and to make matters worse, people defend it.

2.They ruined Extremis. Which is possibly the greatest Iron Man storyline ever.

3.Pepper Potts.

They barely even adapted it :P

I know that The Mandarin was the villain everyone was waiting for, but since they completely changed the character, I really wished that they used Mallen instead... Shane Black said that they were having a hard time adapting the main villains, so I have no clue as to why they wouldn't just adapt Extremis perfectly with Mallen in the mix instead of ruining The Mandarin, Eric Savin, etc...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I totally agree with everything on this list.

Toa_Manaia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think IM3 is a victory of style over substance, it is lazy and relies too much on RDJ's charisma to carry the entire film. I had that opinion about IM2 and that still stands but for Marvel to apply the same logic again? We live in the time of blockbusters that increase the amount of production but barely forward the character and the story in any meaningful way. Now there was a hook with the psychological hangover from the events of The Avengers but IM3 was never going to go for the jugular there. The whole post Avengers hangover was treated as a sort of selfish Stark psychosis, which you wanted him to get over very quickly and seemed more like a plot contrivance to give Stark some sort of vulnerability that the film itself did not take seriously enough to sell. It came off as a nuisance and frustration upon the film instead of propelling it.

My biggest pet peeve was the infiltration by Stark of the compound where the Mandarin stayed. Stark of the film universe is not a trained fighter in any sense of the word and that sequence left me cold. I was thinking, if you knew where the Mandarin was, (remember up until that point The Mandarin was set up as the big bad Terrorist Leader which we all assumed to be that powerful sob from the comics) then wouldn't you call Nick Fury at Shield who would then deploy the likes of Hawkeye and/or The Black Widow to recon/infiltrate the place before attempting any incursion? That is hardly a job for a bored narcissistic douche like Stark who to be honest needs to be in the suit for longer periods of time as that is what I want to see, you know the film is called IroMan

Looking forward the fact that Marvel for the moment will only be using Iron Man for upcoming Avenger films make good sense, I believe the IM films have run their course as their greater quality has diminished since IM1, bigger pops and bangs but less substance.

Another point I would like to make would be with the plethora of Marvel films and the TV show happening, it makes me think just when will the Marvel universe begin to become a slave to continuity and become encumbered by it...

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Loading Video...

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Stupid_People

My favorite is the few dozen awesome high tech suits made out of paper mache flying around.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IM 3 was bad, more like a comedy movie, and not even a good one.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikex20 said:

Poor choice in main villain.

No Mandarin.

Poor Choice in main villain.

Tony whining about the events in the Avengers.

And poor choice in main villain.

Good list but I think you forgot to add the poor choice in main villain.

Markies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you over analyze it, then yes it has many faults. If you view it as a fun popcorn flick (as i have) it's a really fun movie

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#48  Edited By Outside_85

Poor choice in actual main villain

Sad treatment of secondary villain

Tony stopped being fun

Adding a kid 'side-kick', even if only temporarily

shatiquego582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus: I agree with everything you say but I don't think marvel movies are childish I mean im3 didn't push the boundaries like the wolverine but they did get some graphic stuff in their like when tony uni-beamed the guy threw the chest and other scenes but I feel this is marvel movies should be cause this is how their comics feel at least for the already established characters

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It's hard for some people believe that you can nearly kill Tony and kidnap the president and Shield and the Avengers don't think they should maybe step in and help. The suits durability was very Low. The Extremis soldiers just got random powers like getting hot as hell, super strength, healing, but there cloth's were somehow fire proof. He gave Terrorist his address he use to be and arms dealer and has not one bit of a security, defense system for his home and walks around in a prototype unfinished suit when there is definate threat of being attacked instead of using his forty suits that are in the basement who could all be protecting the house and he doesn't even have to operate it. Anybody can use his suits. Other than that I didn't hate it.