• 51 results
cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cameron83

ok,every time there is some moron who wants to say,marvel is better than dc,then moron fanboys follow behind..or it happens with dc

the question is WHY CANT YOU LIKE BOTH,i mean is it so difficult to like both,i like dc comics,i find that ALOT more people do,but i like some things about marvel..

AND NOTICE,just because marvel made more sales in comics,or used to (because dc did reboot),DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING,the past is the past,i find articles with topics saying marvel is more popular than dc are in 2008....SO STOP WITH THE DEBATES THAT HAVE NO WEIGHT,and stop comparing characters,i find that many characters,(no disrespect) from dc will destroy marvel in power alone,but that doesnt mean all,there are plenty of characters from marvel who would kill dc characters,for example,who would win between dr doom and charaxes....nuff said (doom of course),and enough with all the debating over who's better,i personally like dc more and alot of people do,but many people like marvel and many like both,and personally for the record,i see MANY more people,especially on this site,like dc more and the numbers are growing,and TO FANBOYS OF BOTH COMPANIES,stop with the dc vs marvel,it got old in 1999 and i only see the same lame articles year after year after year,like hulk vs superman (superman),or thor vs superman,to be honest,USE OTHER CHARACTERS from OTHER COMICS....how about captain america vs spawn (i believe cap would win this),but why is it that nobody can like both,also,i find that many people who hate marvel or who hate dc,or they say a certain character would lose,is because they are highly misinformed,for example,to the people who say that dc only uses batman...do you know that a superman movie is coming out,or to those who say hulk has never been brought to his knees,that is a lie....also stop comparing people who are not even in the same league,and to the people who say that dc only uses the common characters,please learn more about dc,because EVERY character from dc has an intricate backstory,(even killer moth),maybe if you people knew more about dc you would take back what you said,because one of the main things about dc,is that they have a good story with nearly every character

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

Because people like to feel superiority.

Both companies have uniqueness to them and its obvious that a person is going to lean more to one or to another, but that doesn't mean one is superior to the other.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

@ReVamp said:

Both companies have uniqueness to them and its obvious that a person is going to lean more to one or to another, but that doesn't mean one is superior to the other.

Liar! It's impossible to like both DC and Marvel! It's common knowledge that you're only allowed to like one of the two, and then two out of Top Cow, Image and Dark Horse.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

Liar! It's impossible to like both DC and Marvel! It's common knowledge that you're only allowed to like one of the two, and then two out of Top Cow, Image and Dark Horse.

Wouldn't liking Top Cow be affectively liking Image though? 
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By John Valentine

@spiderbat87 said:

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

No idea, are they the same? I only really read Walking Dead, and occasionally Invincible, from Image.

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Katie24

I don't feel that one company as a whole is better than the other. I started off preferring Marvel over DC, but over the last few years, I've switched over to liking DC more. It's just personal preference really. People who say that one company is better than the other as if it were a fact a just full of themselves and way to opinionated.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@John Valentine said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

No idea, are they the same? I only really read Walking Dead, and occasionally Invincible, from Image.

Yea Top Cow comes under Image like Skybound does
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By John Valentine

@spiderbat87 said:

@John Valentine said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

Yea Top Cow comes under Image like Skybound does

Ah, yeah! Was meaning Skybound imprint instead of Image, sorry.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By cosmo111687

Because DC is so obviously superior.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cosmo111687

@BlueLantern1995: I'm a fibber.

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By YoggSaron

Human nature my friend. It's the cause of all the world's problems. That's why I'm waiting for the Borg to assimilate us.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@ReVamp said:

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

o__O.

I MUST BE A FREAK OF NATURE!

lol.

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Kiltro95

Comics are great just read them no need to concern with whats better

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Kallarkz

@YoggSaron said:

Human nature my friend. It's the cause of all the world's problems. That's why I'm waiting for the Borg to assimilate us.

lol

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CrimsonCake

Well the next time someone infuriates you because they said Marvel is better than dc or vice versa without giving a good reason then show them this video:

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm just gonna start throwing out names of really obscure indy companies that even the snobbiest of hipsters have never heard of when the Marvel vs DC thing comes up. Not that I see the indy stuff as particularly any better than mainstream stuff (Sometimes it is most of the time there's a valid reason that no one gives a crap) just like to see someone have to look up a reference.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Twentyfive

Neither is better than the other, in my opinion.

Though Marvel has by far the better, more interesting characters, DC often times comes out with the better, longer lasting stories. Even though Dark Phoenix Saga is THE best superhero story, it hasn't aged well. When you compare that to stuff like Batman: Year One or All-Star Superman, you know which one will send a real world message that people can remember.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Because I don't like both and therefore I pick sides.

Kinda that simple.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By BatteredArmor

Cause it's fun to type Team DC in big letters.......also I really do prefer them to Marvel so what does it hurt

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Neither can live, while the other survives, it is prophecy, and to go against it, is to go against the word of God.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackArmor said:

Cause it's fun to type Team DC in big letters.......also I really do prefer them to Marvel so what does it hurt

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CODYSF

I use to be a Marvel fan but then I gave DC a chance I found out I love there characters more when I grew up and just love there story and especially cause they got the JLA the best team and most iconic of all time.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I'm a bigger fan of DC personally, but there's a lot of stuff I love from Marvel too. I just find that DC puts out things that I enjoy consistently and frequently, while Marvel's quality is far more sporadic.

Despite being a DC fanboy though, I make a point to never put Marvel down just for the sake of fanboyism.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people didn't troll Marvel Vs DC ComicVine would lose half their members

Augment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Augment

I always liked Marvel's characters more, but I totally respect DC. Marvel, to me, just has a more diverse plethora of characters. I don't like to take sides though, as I appreciate both their efforts.

SubsonicNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SubsonicNerd

@JediXMan said:

Because I don't like both and therefore I pick sides.

Kinda that simple.

Just like having to pick the Dark side or becoming a Jedi?

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cosmo111687

@joshmightbe said:

I'm just gonna start throwing out names of really obscure indy companies that even the snobbiest of hipsters have never heard of when the Marvel vs DC thing comes up. Not that I see the indy stuff as particularly any better than mainstream stuff (Sometimes it is most of the time there's a valid reason that no one gives a crap) just like to see someone have to look up a reference.

Don't you know that the first rule of super-villainy is DON'T give away your fiendish plans?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BatteredArmor

@royale_with_cheese: Oh well it's on like.....um......like.....your moth...no that doesn't work........um...

TEAM DC FTW!!!!!

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackArmor said:

@royale_with_cheese: Oh well it's on like.....um......like.....your moth...no that doesn't work........um...

TEAM DC FTW!!!!!

No Caption Provided
Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Blood1991

Good question? I'm more a Marvel guy, but I don't think one is better than the other and don't see why people like to argue about it because honestly who is really going to just concede that one is better than the other drop every title from the company they were buying from and start reading the other just because of an internet post. No one, just agree to disagree and move on.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think it's because some of the opinions use what some would consider flawed logic or bad observations. If one thinks DC characters are relatable and have many human qualities to them, it's kinda hard to sit back when someone says "Marvel characters are more human than the DC ones." While it's an opinion someone is entitled to, I feel I'm just as entitled to say why I don't think it's true and is an over-blown generalization. Most of the Marvel/DC debates really are about who has the more relatable/better characters, and not who has the better comics or movies. They may start out that way, but as the debate goes on, and folks tell why they think one company has the better comics or movies, it's almost always comes down to character "relatability" Also, when I hear Marvel fans say that (again, opinion they are entitled to) I feel like they are telling me something is wrong with my perception of human beings if I can actually relate to someone like Superman, whom, truth be told, I find to be one of the most relatable characters out there. (When written well) 

That being said..If you're not reading Daredevil by Mark Waid...start now!!!!! (Marvel has it's moments, to be sure!)

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Why do people pick sides?

Because its Human Nature?

I mean you just Picked DC right now.

I know you like both

but you just picked DC right now.

#.iMJusSayinDoe

(+)

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BatteredArmor

@royale_with_cheese said:

@BlackArmor said:

TEAM DC FTW!!!!!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackArmor said:

@BlackArmor said:

TEAM DC FTW!!!!!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Checkmate.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BatteredArmor

@BlackArmor said:

@BlackArmor said:

TEAM DC FTW!!!!!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Checkmate.

Marvel is making a new X-men series in the same vein as Ultimate Spider-Man, it shall destroy the credibility of all X-men shows. And even if it didn't

We've still got all of these.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackArmor: Sorry, besides JLU opening, I don't remotely remember (or even care for that matter) for the other two intros. Probably because I was watching the X-men ;P

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BatteredArmor

@BlackArmor: Sorry, besides JLU opening, I don't remotely remember (or even care for that matter) for the other two intros. Probably because I was watching the X-men ;P

No Caption Provided
sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By sinestro_GL

It depends on which type of characters you like more...though the concepts seem pretty similar, the characters from either company seem really different.

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By jinxuandi

@Brazen_Intellect said:

If people didn't troll Marvel Vs DC ComicVine would lose half their members

Pretty much this. People (especially people on the internet) love to have an opinion, pretend their opinion is undisputed fact and call anyone else who has a different opinion an idiot. How many people view and respond to those Avengers vs. Justice League, Batman vs. Cap, Superman vs. Thor, Aquaman vs Namor, Living Tribunal vs. Spectre (ad infinitum) threads?

Personally, I don't think either is better than the other if you look at the big picture. DC is better right now, but Marvel's comics were better from the 60s to the early 90s.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By Hazlenaut

Side choosing may deem as of sign of devotion . It is understandable to have preferences since you want to see more of your favorite and you do have other things to do.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheThe

Marvel vs DC, Michael vs Prince, JK Rowling vs Stephenie Meyer, Obama vs Romney, Naruto vs DBZ...People love rivalry.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Soulstealer
Same thing, different day.
Same thing, different day.
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I read both DC and Marvel as if they were one. I have favorites in DC, and I have favorites in Marvel... And if you were to ask which one would I choose if I had to, I'd choose DC.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Crom-Cruach

One published sandman, swamp thing and fables. The other created Cable

/end thread

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#47  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

There's fanboys every where and in every subject.
There are fanboys in sports, wrestling, entertainment, clothing, musicians, and everything.
I don't choose sides in comics. I read whatever interests me from Marvel of DC or others.

lronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lronMan

@ReVamp said:

Exactly

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Personally, I like characters more than companies. Most of my favorite with their own books just happen to be Marvel.

And this is just personal opinion, but in the past (haven't read much DCnU besides BoP), DC has usually had seemingly "perfect" characters ("unbeatable" Batman, Superman, etc.). I know this is not true, but it's the way I felt when I read them. Oddly enough, I'm still stuck in the '80's-'90's era of DC with the likes of Booster, Ted Kord, and Vic Sage.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dc is superior, and original