why do people keep saying this in threads

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"congratulations man of steel it's been x amount of years and we're still talking about you" it's a comicbook website and man of steel is a Superman movie of course people are going to talk about it, people still talk about marvel movies and spiderman movies.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

Neck snap. That's the main reason.

Imagine if Spider-Man punched a hole through Doc Ock in the climax of a Spider-Man movie. Imagine the controversy of a 16 year old super hero killing someone, even worse, that super hero is Spider-Man!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Man of Steel is the single most polarizing CBM of all time. No other movie causes this much fanboy arguing. Usually a movie is bad, and labeled as such or good and labeled as such.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine if Spider-Man punched a hole through Doc Ock in the climax of a Spider-Man movie. Imagine the controversy of a 16 year old super hero killing someone, even worse, that super hero is Spider-Man!

how about all the times batman killed a villein in his movie or the other times villains have died in comicbook movies. it happens a lot in action and comicbook movies.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111 said:
@i_am_lightning said:

How about all the times batman killed a villain in his movie or the other times villains have died in comicbook movies. It happens a lot in action and comicbook movies.

When did Batman ever kill in the Nolan trilogy?
Also, the no-killing rule isn't for every super hero. But it's full-on for Superman/Spider-Man/Batman/etc...

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: That's easy because he's Batman.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

What @the_stegman: said. It's not that people are still talking about it - as you said, it's comic book site, people will talk about comic book movies - it's that people are still divided about the whole thing. The only other comic book movie that was even close to being as polarizing was The Dark Knight Rises, and even that calmed down before too long.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111 said:
@i_am_lightning said:

How about all the times batman killed a villain in his movie or the other times villains have died in comicbook movies. It happens a lot in action and comicbook movies.

When did Batman ever kill in the Nolan trilogy?

Also, the no-killing rule isn't for every super hero. But it's full-on for Superman/Spider-Man/Batman/etc...

he decided not to save ra's in batman begins which to batman is the same as killing. two face in batman forever and the darknight. it happened in the burton movies as well.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

@i_am_lightning: Batman tackled Harvey Dent off the roof in TDK and that killed him. Some could also argue that "Not saving" Ra's is the same as killing him.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Ra's actually survived(i can't find the gif right now but it shows Ra's safely getting off the train), and IIRC Gordon shot Harvey, only then he died.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Ra's actually survived(i can't find the gif right now but it shows Ra's safely getting off the train), and IIRC Gordon shot Harvey, only then he died.

neither of those statements are correct, also ra's was only a hallucination in his cameo in the third film.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 SC  Moderator

Its a somewhat legitimate way of paying compliment to the movies impact, ability to invoke strong feelings, so on, though the degree of how complimentary such a thing is, may vary by the eye of the beholder. Man of Steel was very polarizing, many movies are just bland. Some people consider polarizing better than bland.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By SaintWildcard
@sc said:

Its a somewhat legitimate way of paying compliment to the movies impact, ability to invoke strong feelings, so on, though the degree of how complimentary such a thing is, may vary by the eye of the beholder. Man of Steel was very polarizing, many movies are just bland. Some people consider polarizing better than bland.

I consider it better than forgettable, not bland.

@transformers1024 said:

My pal, @saintwildcard: can explain it best.

Someone who doesn't follow the Ways of the Sun is no friend of mine

@benk111: You see, a while back there was a month where we were flooded with MoS threads. I noticed this and decided to make this little baby

Congratulations Man of Steel- It's pretty self explanitory if you click and go through that thread.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 SC  Moderator

@saintwildcard: Black magic at play, literally two minutes ago I thought of this thread I posted on a few days ago and wondered what other replies it got, so started searching through my forum history, then I got to this thread and started scrolling down and then saw your comment before I checked the time stamp, and then I was like huh? I don't remember getting a notification for this… only to realize you had just made it!

Funny! ^_^.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

cuz they just do

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the fanbabys!

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations Man Of Steel

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hatemalingsia

I'ma pour gasoline and light it up while asking why other people keep shouting "Fire! Fire!".