Why do people hate the Man of Steel movie?

• 111 results
SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thetimestreamer: We musta've watched a different version of the same movie. MOS has flaws, but it never felt depressive or dark to me :/ What? Do you want the sequel to become a comedy? Look what that did to Iron Man. They already set the tone, they might as well stick with it. But yes, the writing should be better. Goyer needs to go or have someone good backing him up. Snyder should not write anything.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to a priest instead of talking to Jor-El, dropping Zod back in Metropolis instead of a desert, the lack of Superman saving people during the fight, I actually didn't mind what he did to Zod. I just think if the writing were better he would never have been put in that position. I mean he didn't even SAY "I need to get this fight away from the people." If he just SAID it I wouldn't really have a problem with all the destruction because at least then it would be known that he was trying. I feel the same way about this movie as I do Nolan's Batman movies. They are entertaining movies, just not good Batman movies. Same with Man of Steel.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

I don't hate it, I just don't like it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RustyRoy

@fallschirmjager: I think the cast is great but they were underutilized, as I said before I've got glimpses where Cavil actually felt like Superman (specially the scene were he closes his eyes just before crashing through the gravity machine) but that wasn't much, and I know everyone will say this is before he actually becomes the Superman we know but I went to see a Superman movie after all. I hope we get to see more Superman in the sequel and I'd love to see everyone back except Adams and Jenny. And yeah Goyer needs to go and I wouldn't mind if Snyder comes back but I'd like to see his best this time.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@rustyroy: Oh man. Don't even get me started about Jenny. I hated the fact that they changed Olsen from a boy to a girl just for the sake of gender diversity and then had her in the cliche damsel in distress role the whole movie. It was pretty lame.

I mean honestly...we didn't even need diversity for the film. I felt Diane Lane, Adams and Traue carried the female parts more than effectively. Even the actress who played Lara was pretty good even though her role was tiny.

I also hated the female soldier's little comment about Superman being hot at the end. Completely stereotypical and a bit sexist. A captain in the military should be professional regardless of gender...they wouldn't be making dumb comments like that.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Yeah I hope they don't bring Jenny back and that female soldier's comment was a big facepalm moment for me. I actually think Traue's performance was one of the best in the movie, I enjoyed every scene she was in, she has become my most favorite actress in a CBM and Lane was great too, Adams was okay in the role she was given, I only wish it was more like Lois, I wouldn't actually mind if they recast her. Btw Jor-El was a complete badass too.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

People hated because it was better than Batman. You can't be better than Batman without any backlash.....or.....BATlash.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By ccraft

@dchero: I agree with ya, MoS was a great origin movie for Superman. But I don't agree with you that all Marvel CBM's have tons of jokes. IM has a lot of jokes which are okay imo, but I wish IM3 would have had a bigger impact on Tony. Like having Pepper die, instead of the cop out.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Haven't seen this one and I DEFINITLEY don't plan to as it looks TERRIBLE. But I noticed people posting their top 10 favorite superhero movies, so here is mine:

1) Spider-Man 2

2) The Dark Knight Rises

3) Daredevil~Director's Cut

4) Spider-Man (2002)

5) Watchmen

6) Daredevil

7) Kick-Ass

8) Hellboy

9) Captain America: The First Avenger

10) TMNT

11) Iron Man

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By SOG7dc

I'll throw my 2 cents in. Tell me what you think. ( this is copied and pasted from another thread so it's not directed at anyone here so please don't take offense)

@sandman_: MOS wasn't dark at all. It just took a more serious tone rather than the light and playful marvel films. I'm not saying one way is right or wrong but I am saying that the onus is on the audience to be aware of what theyre observing. If you go into MOS excpecting the "Avengers" tone then it's gonna be a bad experience for you. MOS was a superman movie. I loved Clark I love Ma Kent I loved Zod I loved Jor-el. The acting was great the direction was pretty good and most importantly (IMO) you could tell they cared about creating a great experience. I get tired of people saying it was dark. The blade trilogy was dark. The Nolan batmans were dark. "girl with the dragon tattoo" was dark. MOS was a superhero movie that, while it was flawed, decided not to be cute and light and cartoonish but rather to deliver a serious story where you could feel the tension of the plot. Now:

1. there should have been more Lois and Clark

2. I'm ok with him doing what he did to you know who but if you know who was about to kill his mother I think it would have been more acceptable.

3. I'm not ok with all the people that must have died in metropolis. Superman should have moved the fight or at least tried to save the people

4. I feel as though pa Kent should have just had a heart attack rather than the very cheesy tornado scene.

5. The costume is awful there is no getting around that

6. I liked Amy Adams but I would rather have had Olivia Wilde

7. Superman should have had to use his brain my his braun to beat Zod. Zod is a Dude that is just as strong as superman is, only Zod has military training.

8. there should have been more Clark Kent in this movie.

9. There should have been more acts of heroism in this film.

But other than that stuff it was a great movie I would give it a 6.8/10

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Too every one who hates MoS for Supes killing Zod

Loading Video...

at least in MoS he was sad about it.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinningbirdcake: i completely aggree. if he would have at least tried or at least said he was trying i would have felt better and i also aggree that there hasnt been a batman movie that was a good batman movie that was true to batman. im surprised i havent seen anyone else really make this point

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigtewell: Id agree with your batman comments,though I lived batman and robin, I hate the Nolan trilogy and never felt like I was watching batman.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Wow. Daredevil is your 3rd best superhero film but you won't even go see Man of Steel? That movie was almost as bad as Wolverine: Origins.

@sog7dc:

1. Agreed.

2. No it wouldn't. Superman is suppose to "save them, save them all". The fact that he is willing to kill Zod for strangers has more meaning than if he does it to save his mother.

3. As soon as Zod gained the ability to fly Superman lost all control in his ability to BFR Zod. Who's to say Zod can just fly back into Metropolis? Besides if you didn't notice, most of the city was evacuating. The building Zod incinerates with heat vision for example is empty of people. Its not like Superman was directly trying to fight there.

4. WHAT? The tornado scene was amazingly powerful. Jonathen was willing to die so that Clark could keep himself hidden until he was ready to reveal himself. a 17-18 year old boy was not ready to carry the world on his shoulders. Clark was pretty immature in the moments prior when he's arguing with his dad. There's no way he was ready to let his secret come out.

5. All they did was remove the underwear on the outside and slightly alter the colors. Even the New 52 Superman doesn't have underwear. Frankly that look is so outdated.

6. Amy was good, not great, but good. Certainly nothing worth hating for imo. Doesn't seem fair to hate on the movie just because the actress wasn't the one you wanted. /shrug

7. Um. Ok? Superman is intelligent but isn't exactly known for defeating foes with superior intelligence all the time. Certainly not like other characters are.

8. I could make the case that Clark Kent is just a disguise for Superman and Superman is who he really is. I think this movie portrays that more than anything. Clark is a wandering guy who has no purpose in life and no connection to anyone but Lois. As Superman he has a purpose and can be the guiding light of humanity.

9. He's not even revealed himself to the world until halfway through the movie. Remember...this is about him becoming Superman. He can't be saving people left and right from minute 1 if he hasn't even established himself. And even still there's several acts of heroism. Saving the oil drillers. Saving the Bus...etc. Not to mention he pretty much saves the world no?

Those are my responses. And I personally give the film about an 8.5/10. It was not as good as TDK or Avengers but TDK was a sequal and Avengers had 5 films prior to set it up. Not exactly a fair comparison.

Instead compare Man of Steel to Batman Begins, Iron Man, TASM...etc. If you do that I think you'll find its a pretty good movie.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Basically because while it did the characters powers justice, it also chucked his character out the window.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a comic fan site so more people are more criti al about movies. It wasnt bad it got good reviews on several sites includi.g this one.The general audience thoght it was good

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I appreciate your opinion and your response but it's important for me to note that a) I am not hating on the film. I quite enjoyed it but there are some things I would have changed. If my lowish rating upst you it's important that you know the only 10/10 movies for me are the god father and forrest Gump.

b) These are alljust my opinions on how they could have made it a little better. Now:

1. We agreed

2. I think that it would have served the film and the movie universe better if Zod was trying to kill Ma. Imagine after supes kills him and is screaming and crying his mother is trying to console him and Clark says something to the effect of "never again Ma"

3. Yeah but my issue is he didn't try. Superman would have at least tried to fly him to an open field somewhere. Zod could have flown back yes but the act of superman trying to move the fight conveys that he is conscious of the fct people besides Lois exist and red help. And for me, they ask too much of me as a viewer to believe that while people were at work going about their regular days they were able to evacuate the city in mere minutes A's this catastrophe was happening. I would have been ok with the distructionnif the film illustrated that it was outside of Clarks ability to stop

4. I see where you are coming from and I want to concede my point but when I take into account that jonathan essentially died for a dog it seems like lazy writing. Maybe if it was a little kid he was saving and then he gets stuck it would have been better but the dog?

5. I agree the underwear are outdated. But this costumes only similarity to the new 52 is the lack of red tights. The texture of the costume the color scheme and the cape almost seems like it's swaid(can't spell that word) material the costume left alot to be desired.

6. This is what I was talking about earlier. I'm not hating at all. Amy was good I jut think Olivia would have done better

7. I'd tend to disagree here. In a number of issues innthe new 52 he uses his mind to beat the enemy. Hell even in one of the Christopher reeves films he uses his mind to defeat Zod of all people. Just before he pushes him down that hole in te fortress of solitude? Remember?

8. You certainly could make that case but it's one I'd definitely disagree. Clark is the real guy. He was raised to be Clark. The eel superman is the guy that's raised on te farm and fight to expose corruption in metropolis with print instead of fists. Superman is who he has to become to inspire the world to become Clark kent. You think that if there were no villains he'd still fly around in that outfit rather than working at the daily planet?

9. I disagree with this as well. "superman earth one" and "birthright" both display a Supermn becoming superman for the first time and there are tons of acts of heroism before he even puts on the costume. Yes Clark had the flash backs and the oilrig (all of which were great and powerful scenes) but even when he was fighting basically a Zod ripoff in earth one he was going out of his way to save people. Which is what in saying he should have done in MOS.

And for me even comparing it to those films it's a 6.8/10 for me. For reference batman begins got 5/10 and ironman got 6/10. I rarely give very high movie scores because I'm a critical viewer of art.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Because if you build up any form entertainment long enough fanboys will eventually raise their expectations so high that whatever is produced will not be enough.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By hart7668

@wolverine08: Then what were your reasons for not enjoying the movie so much?

@spideysense44: Ehh, more Superman than anything else, but sure, I guess. I still greatly enjoyed Avengers and TDK though...

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

Haven't seen this one and I DEFINITLEY don't plan to as it looks TERRIBLE. But I noticed people posting their top 10 favorite superhero movies, so here is mine:

1) Spider-Man 2

2) The Dark Knight Rises

4) Spider-Man (2002)

5) Watchmen

6) Daredevil

7) Kick-Ass

8) Hellboy

10) TMNT

11) Iron Man

Totally not heavily biased here... you're just one of those people that hate something and therefore assume everything related to it is terrible, I guess?

Also, Daredevil sucked.

Abhi471990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i didn't like it first but after watching wolverine i can say mos was very good

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

I think it is more of questioning something that is starting to shaken us one too many times. Has drama taken over many things that can be easily be solved? Shouldn’t the hero, that supposed to inspire us, should known before us? It happened with the Dark Knight. Perhaps knit-picky is the better term but you got to admit the lost of stitch is noticeable.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I'm not upset. I just enjoy a good debate! :)

2. Agree to disagree I suppose. I still think as it stands it had more meaning that if it was for family.

3. Perhaps. They also wanted them to fight in the city though as it helped portray the epicness of the battle.

4. All right I agree with you. If he was going back for another family's kid instead of a dog it would have definitely made more sense. Either way the point wasn't who Jonathan was saving, that's mostly what I meant earlier.

5. Well Jor-El gives him the suit. If anything the texture and material should look almost alien. Remember...Superman's suit never got damaged through the film either. Which mean's its pretty tough. But again. I didn't mind the darker colors and removing the underwear. I would have perhaps liked a red-belt like he has in New 52 to lighten it up a little but otherwise - agree to disagree.

6. Well I also love Olivia Wilde I'm just not sure its fair to "down grade" a movie per say based on Amy's performance. She was good imo. All-time great? No. But bad enough to warrant down grading either? No. Just imo.

7. Well I'm not saying Superman has never beaten anyone by being smart. I just don't think he's someone you automatically associate with outsmarting the other guy. At any rate I didn't have an issue with how he defeated anyone in film.

8.. Agree to disagree again. I think most DC heroes are portrayed as if the Superhero is the main person. Bruce Wayne only goes out for an alibi for Batman. Clark only puts on glasses and acts like a dork to hide the fact he's Superman. Aquaman is so busy being the King of Atlantis and Aquaman he's barely Arthur Curry! its just my opinion and I think Man Of Steel was trying to portray that.

9. I think there was enough acts in film because of how its built. I think the many heroic acts you're looking for can come later now that he has established himself. Perhaps something to look forward to?

And wow! That is pretty harsh! lol. I'm not so critical. I can see and will complain about flaws, but I also want to watch movie and enjoy it. For me I also would rate Batman Begins and Iron Man more like 8's or 8.5s!

Again I'm not upset, I just like a good debate. Sorry if I came off that way! Great debating with you.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My friends and I all really enjoyed it. It had so much pressure though going in.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

1) Spider-Man 2

2) The Dark Knight Rises

4) Spider-Man (2002)

5) Watchmen

6) Daredevil

7) Kick-Ass

8) Hellboy

10) TMNT

11) Iron Man

Totally not heavily biased here... you're just one of those people that hate something and therefore assume everything related to it is terrible, I guess?

Also, Daredevil sucked.

Not true Governor Romney. Superman TAS was a great series, regardless of what I think of the character. Superman Doomsday was a great movie, the first half anyway. And most of the Superman animated movies were great. I think Man of Steel looks bad because I don't like the lead, it doesn't have Lex Luthor, the trailers look like garbage, Amy Adams looks nothing like Lois Lane and the Daily Planet isn't mentioned, and all in all it's about a character I could care less about. And why do people hate Daredevil so much? Affleck was good, albeit not spectacular, MCD did one of the best villain performances ever, it had great fight scenes, an awesome dark atmosphere, a great score, very good dialogue for a superhero film. It's only weak point was Garner as Elektra and...That's it, IMO. And BTW, I'm also not a Iron Man fan and I loved that movie.

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Wow. Daredevil is your 3rd best superhero film but you won't even go see Man of Steel? That movie was almost as bad as Wolverine: Origins.

I didn't say Daredevil was my 3rd favorite. I said that the heavily preferred and more beloved Director's Cut was my 3rd favorite. Get your damn facts right.

Vaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Vaen

I didn't say Daredevil was my 3rd favorite. I said that the heavily preferred and more beloved Director's Cut was my 3rd favorite. Get your damn facts right.

Sorry, even the Director's Cut was garbage. The dialogue wasn't good, Michael Clarke Duncan (as much as I love him) didn't turn out any kind of amazing performance, the fight scenes were mediocre, and the score was impressively bad. I get it, you like Daredevil (so do I, and I was a pretty big Bendis fan after his initial run on the character and now he's probably my least favorite writer in comics given how terrible he's been writing anything else), but your taste in cinema is pretty terrible although I'm giving you points for putting Spider-man 2 near the top of your list.

As for Man of Steel, the only people that I see hating on this movie are clowns like the above whose opinions are invalidated by how terrible their taste is (trailers were some of the best I've seen for a movie), Marvel fanboys that are mad it was a giant success, and individuals that haven't even seen the movie making generalizations about it. (Yes, the Daily Planet is mentioned and surprise, it's in the movie!) It was the best sci-fi movie I've seen in years, and my only complaint about it were the few times Goyer's impressively bad dialogue shined through. Visually it was perfect, the score was great (always bank on Zimmer), the writing which emphasized internal conflict was excellent, and each actor involved in the film did a great job at minimum. Like I've said in the thread discussing the upcoming Batman/Superman film, people hating on Amy Adams as Lois are only doing that because she's not a brunette. It has nothing to do with how she portrayed the character, because she hit the nail on the head. Quick-witted, driven, fearless, and a stellar reporter with a no bullshit attitude.

Anyway, my top 10:

1. V For Vendetta

2. The Dark Knight

3. Batman Begins

4. Spider-Man 2

5. Watchmen

6. Iron Man

7. Man of Steel

8. Batman (1989)

9. The Incredible Hulk

10. The Avengers

V For Vendetta, even with the changes from the source material, still managed to eclipse anything else I've ever seen in a comic book film. Perfect writing, perfect acting, perfect cinematography, etc. And I know people are probably going to give me crap for Spider-Man 2, but that movie symbolized everything about being a true hero for me. Especially the little hero speech that Rosemary Harris gave as Aunt May to Peter while they're packing up her furniture to move out of the house. Raimi did a fantastic job the first two films, and if Sony hadn't stepped in and demanded that he rewrite the script from the third film to incorporate Venom at the last minute to cater to screaming fanboys probably would've produced an equally amazing third film. Sure, I wished Spider-Man would've cracked a few more jokes in the first two and that Kirsten Dunst would've been a more attractive looking Mary Jane, but both Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 comparatively make The Amazing Spider-Man look like garbage as pieces of art. Maguire can act circles around Garfield, and I'm pretty sure once everybody catches a glimpse of how hideous this new girl playing MJ is in Amazing Spide... oh yeah, she was cut from the movie because the girl can't act and isn't even remotely cute. Webb just decided to try and be nice about it.

And yes, The Avengers is at the bottom of my list. Great blend of action and comedy, visually impressive, solid acting all around, and a childhood dream to see a group of my favorite heroes come together on the big screen. Props to Whedon for that, but boo on the choice of villain (I didn't find Loki or his motivations compelling in the least) and general lack of substance throughout the movie. And with the changes they're slated to make to Ultron for the sequel, I'm really not looking forward to it. Would've made more sense to use Guardians of the Galaxy to build up Thanos some more, use him in Avengers 2 as the big bad, and then have Ant-Man set up Ultron as the villain for Avengers 3.

KingRobbStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the action in the MoS. I just think they spent too much time on Krypton, and on Clarks childhood (which was horribly written).

LaBombastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By LaBombastic

uh because the actor who played superman was the same guy who played that annoying kid in the Count of Mount Cristo 10 years ago or whatever. he was a fat boy and he sucks.

still better than that idiotic avengers movie though.

ghostarrival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everyone. First post on here. Got tired of reading threads with no input, and figured I'd join the conversation.

I watched Man of Steel the weekend it came out on my birthday, convinced a bunch of my friends to go because I was very curious about the movie. And I left the theater a bit disappointed. Sometimes first impressions can be messy, but when I rewatched it on Blu-Ray, I felt the same. My problem with Man of Steel was some of the narrative direction. Supes' life as Clark Kent, at least in many of the comics and in the animated versions, is supposed to be his foundation of who he is as a person—good ole country values of family and honor and all that. And there are many ways to explore that. I just didn't expect to find Clark Kent's childhood so awful. It was grim and miserable—not helped at all by the rather colorless filter that drenches the whole movie—and instead of mourning Jonathan Kent, I just felt angry at him for handicapping his gifted child, and angry at Clark for literally letting his father die so they could keep a secret from the town that ostracized him in the first place. I did like the parallels of young Clark's developing powers to autism, particularly the sensory overload, and I would've loved a more "special ed teacher" interpretation of his parents to instill compassion and an embracing of uniqueness in him. Ah well. The flashbacks of his childhood just made me depressed.

As for the present day narrative, it was very stripped down and simple, which as another poster said is fine, there have been great movies with minimal plot points, but it did seem to drag on and didn't really do justice to the goldmine of Superman's situation. Heritage, dual-nationality, the sense of wonder and curiosity that only adopted kids can understand when they think about their bio family, those themes could really work, but they seemed rushed into a couple of scenes of Superman on the Kryptonian dreadnaught (that's what I'm calling it, haha). Then there's the fact that he's quiet and alone throughout the movie, so even though I've heard a lot of people didn't like her portrayal, I enjoyed Amy Adam's Lois Lane if only because she added personality and color to the film. I think that's why a lot of people like the Marvel movies (even at their worst); it's misinterpreted as a desire for gallons and gallons of jokes, but if they're like me, they're attracted to how characters are quickly humanized and warm up to us by being relaxed, relatable, sarcastic in the face of stress, all that. But even then, the Lois Lane investigation left a bad taste in my mouth. I think it's because I felt like I was watching a very expensive and well-edited cryptid documentary. Otherwise, Superman's scenes felt too introspective and abstract, and he adapted very quickly to learning about his Kryptonian legacy. I'd have preferred a narrative of a desperately curious Clark Kent hungry for any hint of where he comes from and gaining knowledge in small bites, not a quick full meal in just two scenes.

The movie finally picked up during the action scenes, which I did like because Superman's major obstacles can match him in power (and the scene of Faora speed-dashing around the parking lot as she whoops Superman's small-town ass was almost straight out of a shounen anime, I like how that was done). And I'm usually one to like more dramatic scenes where the action is in character choices, suspense, consequences, and moral conflict, but I guess I was just relieved to see things really happening in the last act of the movie.

I didn't mind Superman killing Zod, actually. It seemed like a last resort, since Zod was going to laser-blast a family, but it didn't need to have been written that way. But I didn't mind. Some of the destruction was gratuitous to the point of hilarity. I was actually cringing, but I'm also the kind of person who gets frustrated when characters will leave a full table of food prepared graciously by their wife/mother before running off to school/work (and I can't stand when high school characters leave their lockers open; why does that take me out of the fantasy?).

So, that's my take. 6/10.

cptstormsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeekingAnswers: Very well thought out post. You make some good points throughout it. Do you have a take on recent marvel movies as well? A little off topic but how do you think the DCEU movies stack up to the thor films and avenger films?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonathan Kent death solos the thread.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie is best out of the garbage known as the DCEU

Bomberman1404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Lois was a waste of character
  • Movie was really colorless
  • The character developments were kind of horrible, so the origins story was really underwhelming
  • Plot was okay
  • It was boring at parts

However:

• Music was great
  • Fight scenes were astonoshing

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its the best DCEU movie so far imo.

Henry Cavill is a perfect Superman

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's pure shit.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the best cbms imo

Beaten only by TDK trilogy, Avengers 1, TWS, logan, deadpool

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the best cbms imo

Beaten only by TDK trilogy, Avengers 1, TWS, logan, deadpool

No Caption Provided

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: uhh agreeing or disagreeing?

also i forgot DoFP. that movie was stellar as well.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also the fight scenes were on totally different level.

i dont think there is any super powered fight scenes that even comes close to mos fights. a few have tried but they end up sucking

ghostarrival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeekingAnswers: Very well thought out post. You make some good points throughout it. Do you have a take on recent marvel movies as well? A little off topic but how do you think the DCEU movies stack up to the thor films and avenger films?

Thank you, thought I'd give my first post full effort! I could probably write essays about the Marvel movies haha. I've seen all of them except for Iron Man 3 and Doctor Strange, and I have liked most of them. I think they've all followed a formula (even though they have different screenwriters) that really works for them: a flashy or action-driven opening that quickly establishes the characters (off the top of my head, Thor and his squad invading Jotunheim to teach the giants a lesson in humility), and the audience never has to wait long for the inciting incident (Thor being punished for his recklessness and subsequently cast out of Asgard to prove his worth—which by the way, is totally the basic plot of the tale of Susano'o when he was cast out of heaven... and now that I think about it, the story of Final Fantasy X is the same as well). With the exception of Iron Man 2 and the first Avengers film, the inciting incident revolves around character choices that usually expose a flaw of theirs (Tony blown up by his own missile and changing as a person before he even starts building his first suit in that cave, Thor lashing out at Anthony Hopkins "You are an old man and a fool" gets me every time, Tony deciding to build Voltron), and the second and third acts are the action-filled fallout of those decisions with sprinklings of reflection and moralizing.

Lol I'm also one of those people who only see one movie a year, so I end up watching stuff long after it's out. I'm about to watch Batman v. Superman right now (waiting for that buffer).

cptstormsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeekingAnswers: Oh yeah I can agree the thor and avengers movie follows a fun formula. Characters are put up and built up in easy and fun followable ways. Don't watch Iron Man 3 unless you can handle poor screenwriting haha. Lemme know what you think of BvS when you finish it! Pretty controversial on here with very mixed feelings toward it.

ghostarrival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cptstormsword: well so far I can say Hans Zimmer outdid himself, the soundtrack is pretty (inter)stellar

cptstormsword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SeekingAnswers: :) he certainly is an artist and that is also a great movie ;)

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a mediocre movie.

ghostarrival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cptstormsword: I saw it! And despite everything I'd been told, I didn't hate it. I even enjoyed most of it, though I have my critiques. I always have my critiques, I'm like the uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures: "One morrrrrre thing!"