Why do movies have to have confusing titles

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Some movies have it like for example there was tron. I never seen the first movie but I seen the trailer to tron legacy. At first I thought it was a remake but when I discover that it was sequel to tron in the 80s. It was like "hey couldn't even call it tron 2" kinda like how the x me movies goes from 1 to the 3rd then wolverine origins. Then 2011 x men first class then the wolverine the x men days of future past. They could have called first class x men 0 and x men days of future past x men 4. Now what's wrong with numbering sequels. The confusing movie I always got confused is there was ang lee hulk. It has mixed reviews but I 2008 there was Incredible Hulk. Then I read the wikipedia . It was reboot. Well I seen both of these movies so ang lee hulk was about origins of hulk but in 2008 they did not have the origins of hulk. So I assume it was sequel. Trust me , the wikipedia can be not so relying when it comes to other stuff. The most confusing titles is frozen. Well just imagine the younger generation person who is a disney fan or just fairy tale fan. And you tell him or her "ever watch frozen" then he or she will be confused. And the movie was not really accurate to the fairy tale. So I guess the producer must have not read the fairy tale 2 times and Analyze the fairy tale closely. So frozen can be anything . It can mr freeze ,snowman or ice cream. So they could call it something creative like "queen of ice or something" I mean tangled we get it because it about rumpuzel . I mean what next . They going to make Jack and the bean stalk movie and call it seed or something? Some movies these days have confusing titles and sometimes it game series that has it.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Ok.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

X-Men: First Class sounds like an awesome title for a prequel, something that is likely to get someone interested in the movie, whereas X-Men 0 just sounds a bit uncreative.

The Incredible Hulk was a reboot, and it actually showed his alternate origin pretty early in the film, IIRC.

As far as Frozen goes, the original fairy tale was called The Snow Queen. And if anyone had actually read H. C. Andersen's original tale I think they would have understood it was a loose adaption, like pretty much every one of Disney's princess movies.

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: at first I thought Incredible hulk was hulk 2. Not till I found out it was reboot. So your telling me it's an reimagined Verison or alternate Verison.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@batmanx2005 said:

@battle_forum_junkie: at first I thought Incredible hulk was hulk 2. Not till I found out it was reboot. So your telling me it's an reimagined Verison or alternate Verison.

It could be considered as both, I suppose. 2003's Hulk was Universal Studios' take on the character, while the 2008 version was created to be a part of Marvel's CU.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cave_Duck

My computer just ate the big reply I was writing so the short version.

Tron 2 wouldn't work as most people in the target audience weren't born when Tron 1 was made, also it was about characters legacies.

Hulk movies used the titles of the comics to attract existing fans, and to blur the line of sequel/ reboot.

Frozen describes pretty much everything in the movie: characters, plotlines, themes. Calling it "white girl version of Iceman" means that those looking for hidden depth can't find it, thus removing the art critic audience.

Also the irony of complaining about movie titles being confusing, by covering it in one giant sentence is lost right?

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're making this out to be way more difficult than it actually is. It takes all of a minute to check.if you're confused and even then you shouldn't have to in most cases. Also exactly do you purpose they do prequel and soon off films? Call first class XMEN .5, Origins .3 with only wolverine, The wolverine xmen 3.5 with only wolverine. Then of course there's dodo which is what, XMEN ,but primarily takes place in XMEN .7. The naming is appropriate, origins and first class imply a prequel, the wolverine sounds like a soon off. The only.series I can think of that genuinely confusing is planet of the apes.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they could call it something creative like "queen of ice or something" I mean tangled we get it because it about rumpuzel . I mean what next . They going to make Jack and the bean stalk movie and call it seed or something? Some movies these days have confusing titles and sometimes it game series that has it.

LMAO, yes, the should have definitely called Frozen "Queen of Ice or Something", would've been waaay better and less confusing.

Lol, all of the examples you gave aren't even confusing... They already cater to the lowest common denominator, don't needa go any lower...

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

#10  Edited By Guru_Crack

@batmanx2005: Really don't understand how that confuses you to be honest, its very easy to keep track or at least I think so.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know the order the "Jaws" movies are filmed in? Does 'Jaws 2' come before or after 'Jaws 3'?

Also why don't they call it "Giant Shark that eats people"? because all the characters in the movie had Jaws, so which set of Jaws were they actually referring to?

(Ok, yes I'm bored...)