• 71 results
#1 Posted by opelfl9201 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems every Marvel fanboy I have seen seems to despise DC and Nolan's Batman films. They also continue to troll the Man of Steel board saying how Man of Steel sucked and failed hard and the MCU films are masterpieces.

So why Marvel fanboys, why do you hate DC so much?

#2 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had a dollar for every time someone made a thread like this.....

I would have all of da moneyz.

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5553 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it the job of a "fanboy" to hate on things in competition with what they like?

Also, are fangirls not included in this?

#4 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm. I don't know. Possibly the same reason DC fanboys feel the need to do the exact same thing with Marvel''s movies and characters.

I don't know if you think that only Marvel has fanboys that do this,because i've seen DC fanboys that do the same thing,especially whenever a DC movie came out. It seems that fanboys do these things out of insecurities and such.

#5 Posted by Xwraith (10920 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard all about people who allegedly do this, but I've never seen any.

#6 Posted by HumanRocket (4871 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread why?

#7 Posted by lifeofvibe (3179 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: or there in plain sight and you just don't know it 0_0

#8 Posted by MannEffest (842 posts) - - Show Bio

I proudly consider myself a Marvel fanboy. However, I love the Nolan films and see a lot of flaws in Marvels films…. although I'm probably one of those people who trolls on the Man of Steel boards. Because, in my eyes, it did suck. This is all in my opinion however, and everybody has their own :p

#9 Edited by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, this again? Seriously it goes both ways.

#10 Edited by Mitrageist (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it the job of a "fanboy" to hate on things in competition with what they like?

Also, are fangirls not included in this?

I'd only thought of fanboys as praising and defending their chosen thing with absolute disregard for reason and until their dying breath. I guess hating on other stuff counts too.

Personally I think there's a distinction between fanboys and fangirls. Fanboys don't necessarily mean boys and the same goes for fangirls and girls. They do different things, or do them differently.

#12 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5553 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: I'm not sure what you mean. I thought "fanboy" and "fangirl" were the male and female names for obsessive fans.

Do you mean "fanboy" can cover girls, and "fangirl" can cover boys?

#13 Posted by Mitrageist (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran:

I'm not sure what you mean. I thought "fanboy" and "fangirl" were the male and female names for obsessive fans.

Do you mean "fanboy" can cover girls, and "fangirl" can cover boys?

Yes, that's what I mean. I think of "fanboy" and "fangirl" as meaning two different things. Both obsess over characters, but in different ways or about different things.

Fanboys: X is better than everybody. X is the best there is, yada yada. Main focus on proclaiming the greatness of X.

Fangirls: X belongs with Y, X should do this, X should do that, yada yada. Main focus on obsessing/fantasizing over the activities of X.

So a boy can be a fangirl and a girl a fanboy. It's jumbled and some stuff overlaps, but those are the connotations I have.

#14 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5553 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: This seems like a problem if that's the way people think about it. It kind of assigns gender where it doesn't need to be.

If we have the words fangirl and fanboy, it just seems like they should be the female and male versions of the same thing. Fanchild would maybe be an O.K. word to cover both, but I don't know if it would catch on.

#15 Edited by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus said:

Um, this again? Seriously it goes both ways.

This.

It's honestly silly and ignorance to think that it's only one way.

#16 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11610 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Fanboys hate DC

DC Fanboys hate Marvel

Real fans like either one and respect the other or like both.

#17 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

I proudly consider myself a Marvel fanboy. However, I love the Nolan films and see a lot of flaws in Marvels films…. although I'm probably one of those people who trolls on the Man of Steel boards. Because, in my eyes, it did suck. This is all in my opinion however, and everybody has their own :p

You just reminded me of an interesting point.

Because there are people who hate Superman or hate DC or hate MOS,etc,but don't have any affiliation with Marvel.

Not liking one doesn't mean you have allegiance to another....

#18 Posted by Outside_85 (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

The short answer is that its the competition to the Marvel movies, same reason that some of them will be hurling dung at DC comics (when they aren't wishing Batman was a Marvel character).

Another answer is that if you as a movie goer have gone in and watched a DC production but expecting it to be like a Marvel production (coz you know all superheroes are totally alike!) then you probably came out of the cinema disappointed.

#19 Posted by Mitrageist (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure most people think about it the same way that you do, and I don't think that'll change. That up there is just my personal definition based on comments/habits I've seen concerning both. Nothing really needs to change IMO.

#20 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4544 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Fanboys hate DC

DC Fanboys hate Marvel

Preach!

#21 Edited by DrMantisToboggan (593 posts) - - Show Bio

Fallschirmjager: Marvel Fanboys hate DC

DC Fanboys hate Marvel

^this

#22 Posted by Jack Donaghy (828 posts) - - Show Bio

While there are DC fans who do the same thing to Marvel DC's movies overall do get more flak than Marvel movies. There are more Nolan and Snyder haters than Whedon haters, more TDK and MoS haters than Avengers haters and more Batman and Superman haters than any Marvel character except Wolverine. Plus if Gal Gadot was cast in a Marvel movie I feel people would have a "I believe in Marvel lets see how this goes" type of approach whereas if DC does something people initially don't like it gets crapped on, no wait and see approach.

#23 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5608 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they're fanboys....that's sorta their point.

#25 Edited by novi_homines (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: More TDK haters than Avengers haters? Have you been on comicvine recently?

#26 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

For example, today's casting of Wonder Woman lead all Marvel fanboys to troll articles - I'm a diehard Marvelite but I can actually see how ridiculous some of the arguments being made against MoS 2 are... Some Marvel fans like to say how "they're done" with DC films yet they continue watching 'em to continue trolling them (well once again, goes both ways).

DC fanboys like to troll Marvel films for humor which apparently-automatically makes them kiddy films - nothing wrong with that in reality, but in their heads every CBM has to be dark and gritty, aka "superior to Marvel" :P

#27 Edited by Jack Donaghy (828 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

@jack_donaghy: More TDK haters than Avengers haters? Have you been on comicvine recently?

Comic Vine =/= the entire internet, but there are more haters for TDK that I've seen. Everyone complains it was too dark, only made money because Ledger died, was boring, not "comic booky" enough, not that rewatchable, overrated, etc. Yes there are Avengers haters but because of the acclaim TDK got it has attracted even more haters.

#28 Edited by novi_homines (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: completely disagree. But I guess it depends on personal experience. Greatness garners haters

#29 Edited by judasnixon (5449 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Edited by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they are fanboys?

I prefer DC, but I know when to stop. Fanboys will be fanboys regardless of who they favour.

#31 Posted by kgb725 (3425 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do all fanboys hate the competition ?

#32 Posted by God_Spawn (35985 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does something have to boil down to hating and fanboyism because someone might have a preference for one company's products over another's?

#33 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry but DC and Marvel fanboys put each other down as "insecure" or "mentally unstable" all the time. This thread is an example of that.

#34 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, after we're done talking on this thread, we're all obviously going to continue with our flame war. I'm honestly just glad to see that not everybody is crazy and that we're acknowledging the ridiculousness of our generation in the world of companies.

#35 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (6364 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone's Anti DC until the movie shows then it's Anti Marvel. Rinse & Repeat.

#36 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone's Anti DC until the movie shows then it's Anti Marvel. Rinse & Repeat.

If a Justice League movie was made before Avengers and was as successful, I actually think that Marvel (and fans) would be looked down on more than DC is for not coming first (there would be people saying how JL came first in comics and film so Marvel continues to copy them...).

#37 Posted by Wolverine08 (26748 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Fanboys hate DC

DC Fanboys hate Marvel

#38 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7255 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they're fanboys....?

#39 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7255 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Fanboys hate DC

DC Fanboys hate Marvel

Amen to that!

#40 Edited by MatteoPG (1621 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't sound like an actuall fanboy, more like a genuine fan :)

#41 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (4671 posts) - - Show Bio

@opelfl9201: the better question should be why do DC fanboys hate Marvel movies and make thinly veiled hate threads disguised as blogs?

#42 Posted by Black_Claw (2816 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they have to do something to stroke their insecure egos. Same thing applies to DC fanboys.

#43 Posted by KingAres109 (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a DC guy and like most Marvel movies.Well,the ones I seen..I don't know how a "fan" can hate a movie because of the company.Their not paying me to hate them.I would say its the teenagers but I know its adults too.Lol..Or at least I hope not.

#44 Edited by jwalser3 (4423 posts) - - Show Bio

They're both alright. I lean towards DC more because the movies are more darker.

#45 Edited by tg1982 (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran:

This seems like a problem if that's the way people think about it. It kind of assigns gender where it doesn't need to be.

If we have the words fangirl and fanboy, it just seems like they should be the female and male versions of the same thing. Fanchild would maybe be an O.K. word to cover both, but I don't know if it would catch on.

I've always used "fanboy" for boys and "fangirl" for girls, I don't know of anyone who associates fanboy with both boys and girls, or vise versa for fangirl.

#46 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10042 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to enjoy this chicken while I read these comments because eventually this isn't going to end well.

#47 Posted by MannEffest (842 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg: I'll accept that then! :D Its a much nicer term than fanboy lol

#48 Posted by Mitrageist (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel is so much better dc cant even get good movies well i liked joker but everything else in all the dc movies are crap I mean superman killing wtf come on get your stuff together not like you can lol

#49 Posted by tigerkaya (1230 posts) - - Show Bio

The better question why are both sides so hateful to one another. Anyways you should come to accept it, Marvel fans will always hate DC Fans and DC fans will always come to hate Marvel Fans. Its the way of all things, me I hate all of DC's current comics of the new 52 but still respect them from Pre 52 and I still hate Marvel for OMD and Superior so its all same.

#50 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

The title answers itself.They're fanboys, no matter how good something is some people just can't really except it.