Why did you like Bale's Batman?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarthAznable

What title says. If you didn't, voice your reason as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just focusing on his character and not the movies as a whole. Firstly christian bale is a great actor. His voice was crazy sometimes but overall it was cool and dark and intimidating. I liked his interrogation scenes in BB and TDk with the joker. His suit was also really cool, he did the disappearing act all the time, had amazing fighting scenes and was just all around badass

Not to mention the gadgets and gliding cape and vehicles.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I especially liked his character development in Batman Begins.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Just focusing on his character and not the movies as a whole. Firstly christian bale is a great actor. His voice was crazy sometimes but overall it was cool and dark and intimidating. I liked his interrogation scenes in BB and TDk with the joker. His suit was also really cool, he did the disappearing act all the time, had amazing fighting scenes and was just all around badass

Not to mention the gadgets and gliding cape and vehicles.

Idk. Fighting felt kind of stiff and were very brief. I agree with everything else though. I wanted a bigger showcase of Batman's martial prowess.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I loved Bale's Bruce Wayne (best live-action Bruce IMO) but I didn't like his Batman. The main reasons I didn't like his Batman was because of the bat-voice, it was intimidating at times but there were quite a bit of points in films where he overdid it and it was distracting and unintentionally hilarious (his final confrontation with Joker and also Two-Face, and that time he talked to himself...while in the Batvoice). The other reasons were more how he was written, he was a detective for like two seconds in the Dark Knight but then that was it and you never got the idea that Bruce Wayne was smart because every time he needed some problem solved, he asked Lucius and when he didn't, he got owned.

I prefer Keaton's Batman over Bale's.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: yeah sometimes the camera angles were bad too but he has taken down huge groups of people and his fights with bane were shot very well. And he looked stiff sometimes because Nolan said he wanted Batman to fight the most efficient way possible which means no flips or crazy moves.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Everything about it was great except for the voice, but considering it was the DIRECTOR who wanted it to be like, can't really blame the actor. I mean seriously, that is the only thing people bitch about and they overrated to such an extent as if it ruined the whole movies (and it didn't). Bale was intense when he needed to be intense, sad when he needed to be sad...etc. He's an amazing actor. Everything was spot on.

I especially liked his commitment to the role, having gone through such drastic weight training after doing The Fighter as well.

Bottom line Bale is an amazing actor, you can make the case he's not only top 5 in the world, but maybe the very best in the past 10-15 years. with the likes of Day-Lewis and Russel Crowe.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@darthaznable: yeah sometimes the camera angles were bad too but he has taken down huge groups of people and his fights with bane were shot very well. And he looked stiff sometimes because Nolan said he wanted Batman to fight the most efficient way possible which means no flips or crazy moves.

Well the suit was probably it too. He could have still been agile without doing crazy flips or over the top moves. I mean look at Ip-Man. One of the more realistic martial arts movies ever. No one wants a Crouching Tiger Hidden Batman though.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Ben's Batman will be more comic-like.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

He was great, people dislike him because of Nolan's appalling fight choreography, it was terrible. Oh and the voice, why wouldn't he wear a voice changer? The police would actually be able to decode his voice patterns if they got governmental tech. Plus it must have hurt.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

The fact that he could move his neck.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I really liked Bale's performance, especially for the Bruce Wayne side. His incarnation of Batman was more human.

The only thing I didn't like was his voice.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarthAznable

Me too. Tired of this..."Let's make COMIC BOOK characters as realistic as possible" thought process. You can still have a deep, dark and interesting story without being realistic.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Me too. Tired of this..."Let's make COMIC BOOK characters as realistic as possible" thought process. You can still have a deep, dark and interesting story without being realistic.

I agree. I do appreciate the Nolan films for proving that a realistic approach to a superhero franchise doesn't mean that the film's entertainment value has to be sacrificed. I think Nolan's approach really opened the door for characters like Daredevil, Punisher, and Elektra. That being said, I do want this new Batman to be closer to the comic book Batman. I want Affleck's Batman to be similar to the Arkham series Batman, who is a bit more realistic than the comic book version but can still do pretty unbelievable things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: I doubt we are gonna get that since Nolan is involves in mos 2 as well

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@cf12793: I doubt we are gonna get that since Nolan is involves in mos 2 as well

True, but that doesn't mean he's in charge of how the characters are going to be portrayed on screen. I've heard that his involvement in this film is much smaller compared to Man of Steel.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I don't think so.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: you think we are gonna get a batman closer to comic version? With Nolan working on it?

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By G_leno

@g_leno said:

I didn't.

Why so?

He was too much brawler, not enough detective or strategist, the throat cancer voice and (I know this isn't Bale's fault) the fact that there is no 'bat' symbolism anywhere, as in 'the bat' is call that why? the batmobile is really just 'themobile'. Bale can be a good actor, I just feel Keaton was the better batpackage all in all.

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked everything about his batman, even the voice. I just wish they had gotten his martial art skills right. He looked like he was street fighting in the trilogy. The suit was cool though. I hope Affleck's batman does some crazy ass flips and shit when he fights.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

I love everything about his Batman, I think he did a fantastic Bruce Wayne, and intimidating Batman (his first appearance in Batman Begins, taking down Falcone's men was perfect), He's a great martial artist, Christian really dedicated himself to the rule, putting on so much weight for the role. Even his voice, which is a bit silly, isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. The only thing I don't like about him is that he's not gonna be in the MOS universe.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno said:

@darthaznable said:

@g_leno said:

I didn't.

Why so?

He was too much brawler, not enough detective or strategist, the throat cancer voice and (I know this isn't Bale's fault) the fact that there is no 'bat' symbolism anywhere, as in 'the bat' is call that why? the batmobile is really just 'themobile'. Bale can be a good actor, I just feel Keaton was the better batpackage all in all.

More Nolan's fault than Bale's. I prefer Keaton though. Really excited for Ben

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he likes to dissect girls and is utterly insane..

Also he returned some of my videotapes..

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

an even dose of bruce wayne lifestyle and batman. if you forget DKR ever existed , his role was near flawless. mumbling bane, anne " can't act a damn" hathaway and the non-climaticc back breaking were some of the many issues with the movie .