#1 Posted by TheHulk (702 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk have not really been following comics, but Hulk have been hearing a lot of strange talk about Doc Ock being Spider-Man now, and Hulk went to investigate, and Hulk found out: Peter Parker is dead. What happened? Why did they decide to kill off a beloved character like Peter Parker. Hulk shocked they do that. What beloved character they kill off and put in someone else's body next?

Papa Smurf Now being Gargamel in Papa Smurf's body?

The Shredder inside a Ninja Turtle's body?

Megatron in Optimus Primes body?

Hulk hope not.

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool in Living Tribunal body...

Oh the horror..and awesomeness...

#3 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha!! Your posts are great! But to answer your question, I have no idea. Maybe it's just Marvel running out of ideas for Peter as SM.

#4 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6190 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is how I view it:

It was a temporary decision to change things up in the comics. The sales could increase drastically, or decrease drastically. A big change like this brings a lot of attention. Will it last? Doubt it. Peter Parker as Spiderman is an iconic figure and I am sure Marvel is smart enough to realize that they need Peter for a better fan base. Doc Ock does have a interesting background story, but Peter's is more relatable.

#5 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk in Leader's body.

Oh wait, that's what happens when Hulk is not mad and Hulk goes normal

#6 Posted by TheHulk (702 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fallen_Crippled said:

Here is how I view it:

It was a temporary decision to change things up in the comics. The sales could increase drastically, or decrease drastically. A big change like this brings a lot of attention. Will it last? Doubt it. Peter Parker as Spiderman is an iconic figure and I am sure Marvel is smart enough to realize that they need Peter for a better fan base. Doc Ock does have a interesting background story, but Peter's is more relatable.

Hulk do hope they bring him back.

#7 Posted by Avenger85 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

They killed him because theyre dumb.

Peter Parker IS THE Spider Man.

#8 Posted by roboadmiral (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Peter is their go to character when they feel like killing someone off. What is this, the fourth time?

#9 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

To add a surprising twist to Marvel's most beloved character. Parker obviously won't stay dead for long.

#10 Posted by Raizex (354 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also not following the comic too. Who all knows that Spiderman is Doc Ock? Or is he keeping it a secret from everyone?

#11 Posted by Sharkbite (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read it. I don't buy into it. Peter Parker is not dead. It's all just hyperbole, with the emphasis on the 'hype'.

For a moment, stop listening to what the comic book claims and start looking at the cold, hard facts.

#1. The physical body walking around is Peter Parker. It is not a clone. It is not an alternate reality version. It is not an impersonator or a shapeshifter. It's not Chameleon in disguise. Fingerprints will be the same. DNA will be the same. That is the same body that was born to Parker's parents and raised in Aunt May's home. Superior Spiderman is, physically, the same person as Peter Parker. If the body makes the person, then Superior Spiderman is Peter Parker.

#2. The brain inside of that body, the actual organ made up of grey matter, is still Peter Parker. This is Parker's brain. The memories inside of that brain, the knowledge that brain contains, the skills posessed by Peter Parker, all remain in tact. This is Peter Parker's brain. Everything that was part of Peter Parker is still in there and in tact. If the mind makes the person, if we are simply the product of our experiences, then Superior Spiderman is still Peter Parker.

#3. The actions of Superior Spiderman are somewhat inconsistant with Peter Parker. He is acting differant. And he believes that he is really Dr Octopus. However, his actions are also inconsistant with Otto Octavius. Doc Ock cannot steal Parker's body, realize the boy is a hero and have a desire to emulate him, murder him in cold blood, and then go out and attempt to do good like nothing has changed. Right now what we are seeing in Superior Spiderman is not Doc Ock in control of Parker's body; we are seeing both Peter and Otto exerting their own influence. They are fighting for control, so much so that the character is doing things that are abnormal for each of them. He is still doing good and fighting crime, which is Peter's influence, but he has a bit of a smug attitude, which is Otto. If anything, reading through Superior Spiderman has shown me there appears to be a lot more of Peter in charge than of Otto.

This happened to Parker once before. Rewind back to the 80s when Spiderman picked up this nifty black costume. Back then, a second personality started to exert some control of his body. Both Parker and this other force battled mentally over who would control the body. Sometimes he would do things that were more like Spiderman. Sometimes he would do things more in line with what this external force wanted (we'll call this 'Venom'). Just because the symbiote got into Spiderman's head a bit and made him do a few things that weren't normal for him, does that somehow mean that Peter Parker is dead and all the influence he has over the body, all the memories and talents and relationships he has just get thrown out the window? Nope. We all know how that one ended.

That is exactly what is happening here. Spiderman can believe that he is Dr Octopus. Spiderman can claim that Parker is dead. But Parker's influence over Superior Spiderman is evident in almost everything this newly heroic Dr Octopus is doing. They are both in there, and he is more Parker than Otto.

Peter Parker is not dead. Peter Parker is brainwashed. This isn't some magic soul-switching Celestial being's doing; this is Dr Octopus using science to manipulate some electrical impulses in the brain. It's no differant than being hypnotized, being a sleeper agent, etc. Parker is brainwashed into believing he is really Dr Octopus, but just because it's what Peter Parker believes doesn't make it true.

#12 Edited by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read it. I don't buy into it. Peter Parker is not dead. It's all just hyperbole, with the emphasis on the 'hype'.

For a moment, stop listening to what the comic book claims and start looking at the cold, hard facts.

#1. The physical body walking around is Peter Parker. It is not a clone. It is not an alternate reality version. It is not an impersonator or a shapeshifter. It's not Chameleon in disguise. Fingerprints will be the same. DNA will be the same. That is the same body that was born to Parker's parents and raised in Aunt May's home. Superior Spiderman is, physically, the same person as Peter Parker. If the body makes the person, then Superior Spiderman is Peter Parker.

#2. The brain inside of that body, the actual organ made up of grey matter, is still Peter Parker. This is Parker's brain. The memories inside of that brain, the knowledge that brain contains, the skills posessed by Peter Parker, all remain in tact. This is Peter Parker's brain. Everything that was part of Peter Parker is still in there and in tact. If the mind makes the person, if we are simply the product of our experiences, then Superior Spiderman is still Peter Parker.

#3. The actions of Superior Spiderman are somewhat inconsistant with Peter Parker. He is acting differant. And he believes that he is really Dr Octopus. However, his actions are also inconsistant with Otto Octavius. Doc Ock cannot steal Parker's body, realize the boy is a hero and have a desire to emulate him, murder him in cold blood, and then go out and attempt to do good like nothing has changed. Right now what we are seeing in Superior Spiderman is not Doc Ock in control of Parker's body; we are seeing both Peter and Otto exerting their own influence. They are fighting for control, so much so that the character is doing things that are abnormal for each of them. He is still doing good and fighting crime, which is Peter's influence, but he has a bit of a smug attitude, which is Otto. If anything, reading through Superior Spiderman has shown me there appears to be a lot more of Peter in charge than of Otto.

This happened to Parker once before. Rewind back to the 80s when Spiderman picked up this nifty black costume. Back then, a second personality started to exert some control of his body. Both Parker and this other force battled mentally over who would control the body. Sometimes he would do things that were more like Spiderman. Sometimes he would do things more in line with what this external force wanted (we'll call this 'Venom'). Just because the symbiote got into Spiderman's head a bit and made him do a few things that weren't normal for him, does that somehow mean that Peter Parker is dead and all the influence he has over the body, all the memories and talents and relationships he has just get thrown out the window? Nope. We all know how that one ended.

That is exactly what is happening here. Spiderman can believe that he is Dr Octopus. Spiderman can claim that Parker is dead. But Parker's influence over Superior Spiderman is evident in almost everything this newly heroic Dr Octopus is doing. They are both in there, and he is more Parker than Otto.

Peter Parker is not dead. Peter Parker is brainwashed. This isn't some magic soul-switching Celestial being's doing; this is Dr Octopus using science to manipulate some electrical impulses in the brain. It's no differant than being hypnotized, being a sleeper agent, etc. Parker is brainwashed into believing he is really Dr Octopus, but just because it's what Peter Parker believes doesn't make it true.

For the love of god lets hope you are right my friend

#13 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Because being Spider-Man is suffering.